Scenes 6-7

In Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“A date?”   Frankie paused, sitting up in her bed and staring ahead of her at nothing. Shuya’s deep laugh resounded in her ears from her headphones.   “Yeah,” he said. “I was thinking we could go hang out at Pier 39 with the tourists…play games and stuff.”   “Oh…I-I see…”   “What do you think?” Shuya inquired. “Does that sound like something you would want to do?”   “Um, y-yeah!” Frankie said eagerly, then paused. “Wait…”   “Yeah-! Wait?” Shuya repeated. “I was in mid cheer.” Frankie laughed a little, shaking her head. “What’s up?”   “Can we…make it a double date or something?” Frankie inquired sheepishly, staring down at her hands. “I’m not really good with these things…”   “Oh yeah, that’s cool,” Shuya said easily. “Who are you thinking about bringing?”   “Just my friend,” Frankie said with a shrug. “She stays in my dorm; she’s a freshman, too…if that’s okay…”   “No worries; I’ll bring a friend,” Shuya agreed. “How does this Saturday sound? At, like, eight?”   “Um, okay,” Frankie said with a nod. “That’s fine.”   “Great.” The smile in his voice was bright, and contagious. “Hey, I’ll text you in a little bit, alright?”   “Okay.” They hung up and Frankie took a moment to bask in her happiness (she had a date with Shuya Nishijima!) before getting up and hurrying out of her dorm room, bolting down the hallway to the door marked 117 and knocking, hoping anxiously that she would get an answer. Fortunately, she got one; only a few moments passed before the door opened to reveal Noa, dressed comfortably in lounge pants and a T-shirt, half of her mane of curly hair standing freely around her face, while the other half had been twisted up into neat bantu knots.   “Hey, Frankie,” she greeted her warmly, wiping her hands on a towel. “What’s up?”   “Do you work Saturday night?” Frankie inquired. Noa paused, frowning thoughtfully up at the ceiling.   “Not that I know of…”   “Will you go on a date with me then?” Frankie questioned immediately, her eyes widening with earnest. Noa halted, raising an eyebrow.   “I mean, you’re pretty and everything, Frankie, but it’s not that kind of party…”   “No, no, I mean a double date!” Frankie amended, shaking her head. “I need a partner for a double date.”   “You got a date? With who?” Noa questioned, then gasped, her eyes widening. “With Shu?” Frankie nodded, feeling her face heat up bashfully. “Congratulations!”   “Thanks,” she told her blushingly. “I’m too nervous to go by myself, though, so I turned it into a double date. He’s bringing a friend, and I said I would bring one, too…”   “Do you know who he’s bringing?” Noa questioned, leaning against the door frame.   “Well, no…” Frankie admitted; Noa narrowed her eyes. “But whoever it is will probably be cute, and some kind of athlete; I don’t think you would regret it.” Noa remained quiet, her expression turning thoughtful again.   “You’re probably right…” she mused, tapping her chin with her finger. “Alright, I’ll go.”   “Thank you!” Frankie threw her arms around her neck, hugging her tightly. “Thank you, thank you!”  
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter