Scene 17

In Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shuya’s friends didn’t waste any time putting a plan into action; that very next day, after classes and practices had been wrapped up, Hinata, Senri and Hikaru, who had spent the night at his brother’s dorm and didn’t work until later, escorted Shuya over to the Second House. Shuya had never been to Frankie’s dorm room, and he was too anxious to wait in the lobby, so they opted to wait outside, leaning against the glass panels of the building’s entrance.

 

“We should be able to run into her out here,” Hinata mused, pushing his hair out of his face as he looked up the street. “This is the time she usually finished up with classes, right?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“So, we’ll wait here until she comes back,” Senri concluded. “And you’ll talk to her, win her over, and all will be well.”

 

“Right…” His anxiety was building, and he needed something to do; he pulled out his cigarettes and lit one, standing downwind from his nonsmoking friends with Hikaru as he smoked it. He had only gotten a few drags from it when he spotted someone coming down the sidewalk in their direction.

 

“Isn’t that Noa-chan?” he said absently; beside him, Hikaru tensed.

 

“The is she doing here?” he muttered in English.

 

“She’s Second House, too.” Noa spotted their group as she drew nearer; she frowned deeply at the sight of Shuya and Hikaru, heading towards them with hard steps.

 

“What the hell are you doing here?” she demanded, completely ignoring Hinata and Senri and throwing a disgusted glance in Hikaru’s direction as she addressed Shuya.

 

“Not waiting for you, I can guarantee that,” Hikaru responded immediately.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter