009

Melodious Harmony

a/n: warning Jimin is very OOC here lol


Jimin narrowed his eyes at you. "You what?"

"No, just... I don't... understand..."

He raised an eyebrow, looking at you with an amused expression. "What don't you understand?"

"What do you... mean?" Your heart sank as you began to realize what he was saying. Your gaze shifted to the ground, you wanted to look away. You wanted to ignore the situation at hand, the confusion.

"Hm? Ah, about saying the person's already here? Can you not put two and two together?" His voice carried a sarcastic air to it, matching the expression painted on his face.

I've never seen this before.

"Jimin... what's wrong with you?" You felt your heart falling furthur at the new side of Jimin. He was the kind of person you hated, the kind of person you despised.

"Nothing." He looked at you, his face softening. You stared back at him in confusion.

"What do you mean, then? Putting two and two together...?"

"Do you want me to spell it out for you?" When he asked this, his voice was sharp and harsh, unlike its normally soft and airy tone.

"Spell what out, Jimin?"

"It's me."

"What...?" Thousands of protests rang throughout your mind as you stared at him, shaking your head ever so slightly.

No. No. Please, no.

The corners of his lips raising, he stated, "I'm the one who wanted you to get away from..." He raised his fingers, making quotation marks in the air. "Jinnie."

"Why... why?" Your question was soft, whispered. 

"Hm, why do you think?" You noticed the confident look on his face slip, a pained one easily taking its place.

"Uhm... do you like Seokjin?" you asked, before quickly adding, "Oppa. Seokjin-oppa."

Maybe?

"Hah, no. Why would I like him?" He asked with disdain. His eyes flashed with annoyance at your addition of the word 'oppa.'

"Uhm, that's what I would've wanted to ask."

"Well, then...?" Jimin crossed his arms, tapping his foot quietly on the tiled floor.

Tap... tap... tap...

"-Do you... maybe... no, that's crazy-" you interjected.

His voice becoming soft again, he asked, "What's crazy?"

"That... you... might... like me?" Your question was slow, careful. Confused.

"Like?" Shaking his head slowly, he murmured, "No. It's more than... 'like.' Love? Could I say... love?"

"Love? What do you mean? And why...?"

Letting out a deep breath of annoyance, Jimin narrowed his eyes at you. "I don't know. You don't seem to remember, so why? I don't know. I don't know!"

"Huh...?"

"Do you remember what happened last year? Do you remember how I helped you, what I did for you? Do you remember... me?"

Pursing your lips tightly together, you shook your head. "I don't. What does that have anything to do with-"

"You, do you love Seokjin? Like him? Care for him?" His voice rose up at the end, nearly causing him to sound tear-stricken.

"It's too soon to say love. Just... my heart flutters."

Too much? Probably.

"Huh," he scoffed. "So, you don't remember. If you remembered, your heart wouldn't be fluttering for... him."

"What, what does that mean- and why does your voice keep changing?"

"It's not changing, you're imagining things," he snapped. "And... how'd you get your voice back? That's the actual question."

"Wha-"

"Want me to spell that out for you, too?" He looked at you with a warm smile that didn't quite match his words.

Why does his face keep changing? Why does his voice keep changing?

"Jimin, what do you mean?"

"It's because of me that you're still here. That you can talk, that you can sing."

"Huh-"

"They gave you 3 months, remember? Because of your former talent. And I helped you get it all back. Even though I'm the son of a conglomerate... I helped you."

"Really...? I'm sorry, it's not quite clear..."

My memory is foggy, so foggy.

"No, it's not? Well, I'm guessing that you can't remember you saying that you loved me?" He raised the corners of his lips again, tears beginning to slip from his eyes.

"What...? I said that?"

"Yeah. But you seem to have forgotten."

"I'm sorry..."

"So," he interrupted, "It hurts. It hurts for you to say that... you like, love, whatever, Seokjin."

"But-"

"I was running out of time, I was scared... so I sent you those texts..."

"Why-"

He cut you off again. "I wanted you to know... to know that... I did, I really did love you back. That I wanted to..."

"But those texts didn't indicate-"

"I just-"

He stepped closer, closing the space between the two of you. Tears flickering in his eyes, he wrapped his arm around your back, then pressed his lips to yours.

Wait, what?

"I just... I love you so much," he murmured, his lips still on yours.

Once you got over your initial shock, you tried to push him away, but his embrace was tight. After about a minute, he pulled back, looking into your eyes. Leaning in again, he whispered, "Remember this. What I can't have, nobody else can have either. Now go."

You looked at him in surprise, your body shaking. You were so confused.

"Go," he said, in a softer voice.

Still confused, you stumbled out of the room, running to the school dorms.

What?


a/n: this chapter isn't too long, I'm sorry ;;

I'll just explain how I wrote Jimin's character right now, if it was confusing to anyone ^^ Basically, he grew up in a rich, conglomorate family where he had to look 'good' for other people. (like, not get in trouble and whatever) That's basically why he's constantly 'acting' to get what he wants. Since he basically got everything he wanted (he's very OOC here, he's like an AU Jimin I guess), he feels entitled to stuff, hence his actions towards MC. 

What do you guys think that Jimin was trying to accomplish by doing this? 

I have thanksgiving break in 2 days, so I'll be able to write a lot more then! I'm so sorry for being pretty MIA on BSP, if you're a reader of that, too. I'll try to get chapters up for both ffs soon. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed! Have a nice day!

<3 to everyone