fin.

Melodious Harmony

a/n: excuse this cringe-worthy musical script 


The show began with narration. Namjoon's smooth, calming voice filled the auditorium as he began to speak.

"All is fair in love and war.

Or so they say, at least.

A tale of two star-crossed lovers who have not lived

Long enough to see the stars.

Yoonsung and Eunhye,

Fated to love,

But fated to fall.

A take on the classic tale of

Romeo and Juliet

is what you will see.

And we hope that by the end of this night,

Your faces will not be kept dry."

You sighed, smoothing out the soft folds of your costume dress. It was a hanbok the shade of a perfectly ripe peach, combined with a cream top. Your hair was done in a braid which hung loosely behind you, small white flowers ornamenting the sides of your head.

Biting your lip, you listened to the chorus as they sang their song about the two families which had constant disputes, and had even gone to create a pseudo-war between themselves.

"Hatred, is what we call it.

Rivalary, is what they call it.

It's unhealthy,

Unfortunate. If only

their children had not met.

The tragedy would not have come to either."

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw that the drama director cued you in. in a deep breath, you skipped up the stairs to make a dramatic entrance which would perfectly portray the character, as you had been instructed.

The braid flying out behind you, you twirled out from the hidden stairs behind the stage, seamlessly working your way into the others on stage and began to sing.

"Ahh, what a fine, lovely day!

If only my family thought the same."

You side-eyed the others, who were acting out a fight on stage. Their faces were red with concentration, and it was all you could do to keep from bursting out in laughter.

"Their disputes sully the beauty of the newborn day.

Ah well. The bright sun must be a harbinger of a good omen."

Softly, you hummed something in a low stage whisper.

"A good omen, I wonder what it could be.

I've always wished for love.

Will my wishes finally be answered?"

Eunhye was, essentially, your polar opposite. Optimistic, cheerful, romantic. She most definitely wasn't awkward around the one she loved. 

You worried how well you could portray that.

Twirling over to Jimin, who portrayed a kind yet rich merchant, Eunhye's best friend, named Minkyu, you requested that he give you a romance novel, in exchange for a kiss on the cheek and a few coins.

He replied in a bright, singsong voice.

"Ah, Eunhye. You have always been one to bribe others with those lips of yours."

"Indeed. They are a perfect price, are they not?"

"Unfortunately, women are not to be reading novels of this sort, by the rules of our country. I am unsure if that will be enough to suffice."

"You forget that my father is a nobleman, and I have quite the coin to spend along with these lips."

"Surely you would like to save it for your future lover, would you not?"

"I will save the contact of my lips on another's for the future. My lips touching one's cheek has no meaning."

"I see. If that is the case, I would happily accept a kiss and a few coins from you."

Squeezing your eyes shut, you pushed your face forward so that you made contact with his cheek. It was quite soft, and you almost giggled. The irony of the situation made you want to laugh.

His face flushed, which made you suspect that he had been lying when he claimed he was completely over you. Not that it really mattered.

You pulled a couple of metal discs from a pouch you carried, placing them gently in his palm and recieving the book that he handed to you.

"I will be going now, then."

"Good day, Eunhye."

"Good day, Minkyu."

Skipping towards the opposite side of the stage, you began to sing nonsensical words.

"La, la, la... badum badum badum... ah-"

'Accidentally', you collided with a tall figure, begining the romance of the play. You dramatically fell to the floor, looking up at the other. He looked at you with a playful smile which quickly turned into one of concern.

"Miss, are you alright?"

"Oh... of course. I am fine, thank you for asking. I'm just a bit... well, I'm on the floor. But besides that, I am fine."

"Ah... well, take my hand, and I shall help you up."

You smiled, taking his smooth hand and bouncing up to your feet. Quickly, you gave him a once-over. He was quite pretty, his already distinct features made more defined by a few swipes of a makeup brush. His doe-like eyes were accentuated by a touch of eyeliner, and his soft lips were highlighted with some sort of lip liner.

Your face flushed, and you hoped that the audience did not see it.

"Ah... what is your name?"

"My name? Would it not be more proper for the lady, myself, to inquire that of you first?"

"I suppose so, but I was simply curious. I wish to get to know you better."

"You are quite bold, it seems. Just like the character in this novel... But I am quite curious as to what your name is."

"It is Yoonsung. What is yours?"

"Eunhye. Nice to meet you, Yoonsung-ssi."

"A pleasure to meet you too, Eunhye-ssi."

"What is your family line? Based on your clothes, it seems that you are a nobleman."

"I would rather not say. My family is not... the most wonderful group of people."

You nodded, and looked over his face with a soft sigh.

"Although it is not customary for me to feel this way, I think I may have fallen in love with you at the first sight."

A rosy blush blossomed on your face as you replied.

"I... feel the same way. You are just so... so handsome."

"And you are beautiful, Eunhye-ssi."

"I just wished to tell you that I am of the Kim lineage."

"K-kim?"

"Yes. Why, is something wrong with that?"

"It's just... ah, it's nothing. We shall meet again tomorrow, Eunhye-ssi. Right?"

"Alright, Yoonsung-ssi."

"Where...?"

"Same place. It seems to be a fated location."

"Alright."

You waved at him, and both of you skipped off of the stage.

After changing costumes, you went back onto the stage for 'the next day'. Your interaction with Yoonsung was cute, and the two of you promised to meet again.

After multiple interactions with each other, half of the audience seemed to be falling asleep. There was no real action.

Of course, you hadn't gotten to page 105 yet. The first and second-to-last kiss.

"Yoonsung-ah... let's meet in my family's residence. By the patch of chrysanthemums."

"Are chrysanthemums not a bad omen?"

"They are, but they're beautiful. So we should meet there."

"Alright."

The set changed, and there was a short interlude where the orchestra played peppy, cheerful music as the chorus came onto stage, rushing about and bumping into each other to portray a busy day. The lights slowly dimmed and people slowly trickled off of the stage. A painted house and flowers set laid in the background, a soft light to represent the moon shining in the corner.

"Hello, Yoonsung... ssi? Or.."

"Yoonsung-ah would be fine."

"Alright. Yoonsung-ah."

"Eunhye-ah... I should probably tell you."

"Tell me what?"

"I am... of the Choi lineage. The one whom your family is fighting so viciously."

"Oh... that doesn't matter to me anymore."

"Really?"

"No, because..."

You in a breath, preparing as much breath support as you could for the final, heartfelt confession. The teacher told you to write this yourself, and deviate from the script. She knew that you could do it.

"I love you. I've always wanted someone to love, someone to call my own. Yet I have never been able to find such a thing."

"Eunhye..."

Seokjin stared at you with a small smile playing on his face, the corners of his lips twitching as they stretched up slightly.

"After I met you, I felt something. That feeling of butterflies in my stomach. But... it felt good. My heart... even my heart fluttered with the wings of a butterfly. Yet... it didn't fly away, even after days and days of seeing each other. I wondered if it was really... if it was what book characters always seemed to be feeling."

"I–"

"Love at first sight is cheesy. But... it happened. Yoonsung-ah, it happened."

"..."

"Seok–Yoonsung... these feelings are so real. They're scary. And even though we're not supposed to love... I love you. Oh gosh, I love you so much my heart feels like it's going to burst out of my chest whenever I see you. So... even in death, we're not supposed to be... but it doesn't matter. Because we love each other. We'll stick together. I promise."

"I... I feel the same way... may I kiss you?"

You nodded subtly, giving him permission. He leaned over and his lips fell on yours, his head tilted slightly. His lips were so soft, and they were so warm.

Not wanting to have a passionate make-out session or anything like that on stage, you simply wrapped your arms around him as your lips continued to rest on the other's.

Hums of content rang out from the audience. They loved watching the love story–to them, it felt more real than two actors pretending to be in love. It was more than that.

But all things had to come to an end.

The musical was almost over.

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw someone give you a cue from the side. He was holding a bow nervously. You saw him drawing back the arrow which had a suction cup instead of a tip, and braced yourself to run so that you could get hit in anywhere that could be a fatal spot.

When he released the arrow, you spun Seokjin around so that you were in the direct path of the arrow. 

The suction cup arrow had landed in an area nearby your stomach, and the plastic sack containing the red liquid exploded as it did so. Red blossomed on the side of your abdomen, giving off the appearance that you had actually been shot. You bit a similar pack which was hidden on the side of your mouth, allowing red liquid to dribble out from there as well to give off an even more realistic appearance. The liquid was sweet, as though it were strawberry syrup.

It probably was.

Caressing his cheek softly with your hand, you began to sing in a soft murmur.

"I didn't want you to have to take that..."

"No... Eunhye..."

"I'm sorry that I have to leave you so early."

"Please, Eunhye... I can't live without you."

"I'm sorry..."

"You are still so beautiful... why are you fading like a withering flower?"

"I am unsure. Yet I am glad, in some way, that it is to end like this."

"Like..."

"You at my side. I died valiently, protecting you. I am your... princess in a shining gown."

"Oh, Eunhye-ah... but your sacrifice will be in vain. I cannot live without you."

"Then at least, you can die at my side."

He took out a small blunt dagger, which could do no harm but was created so it retracted into a socket. It could then give off the appearance of a stab. Smiling at you, he pressed the 'dagger' into a similar spot where the arrow had hit you.

"May I have the honor of giving you one last kiss?"

"Of course, Yoonsung-ah."

His lips found their way to yours, and rested there as tears poured down both of your faces.

Mrs. Oh was right–faking tears was surprisingly easy, yet quite effective. You could hear members of the audience sobbing.

"I will miss you... being alive."

"As will I."

"You smell sweet..."

Silently, you thought that it was simply because of the 'syrupy blood'. But you kept that to yourself.

"As do you..."

Your lips had not left his, but the orchestral music was slowly dying out, meaning that the end of your characters would have to come. Eunhye and Yoonsung would have to say their last goodbyes.

"May we meet again..."

You allowed yourself to go limp, your lips sliding off of his and your head resting on his shoulder. He did the same.

It felt nice.

Both of you stayed like that as the platform dropped, hiding you from the view of the audience.

The narration began again, containing Mrs. Oh's last minute addition to the script. It made you both embarrassed and happy.

"And with that,

The star-crossed lovers ended their tragic tale.

Though they fell,

They fell together.

And will someday meet in the afterlife.

With every dying love,

New love also begins.

New hopes,

New dreams.

We hope that their families found these,

And we will now too.

Although the lovers have faded out,

The legacy of their love lives on.

In the lives of Kim Seokjin and y/n.

Let's give a warm round of applause to our two actors,

Who have found their own love."

Your lips met Seokjin's again, though you were now hidden by the stage floor.

"Thank you, Seokjjin. I love you."

"Really, I love you too."


a/n: and with this chapter, MH is over.... I feel kind of sad about that. it's been almost 3 months, and what a long journey it's been. going from a 5 chaptered fluff to a 17 chaptered idek what. I got quite attatched to these characters.. and I'll be sad to see them go3 

on a side note I'm not sure why I decided to write a romance when I can't write kiss scenes... LOL

this was 2300 words which honestly isn't that long but the average length here was like 800 so...

I'm sorry for the lame musical idea and messy grammar T_T

again, thank you to everyone who's been reading this <333

OH AND THERE WILL BE A LOT OF BONUS CHAPTERS AFTER THIS <3

I hope this was a satisfying conclusion for all of you~