005

Melodious Harmony

"Ah, I'm sorry!"

You stared at the floor of the music room, your face red with embarrassment. Your voice had been slightly off-key again, causing the pitch of your duet with Seokjin to feel awkward and pressed, rather than sweet and loving. The music teacher looked at you, her lips pursed with annoyance.

"That's the fourth time today! If you don't want to practice, then..."

"Sorry, Mrs. Jung. I'll practice extra today."

I've practiced enough, I just can't focus because of... ugh. Stupid hormones, stupid boys, stupid Areum, stupid everything.

Seokjin gave you a side glance, then stated, "Mrs. Jung, she practices really hard every day. It's just one pitch, so-"

Looking at him, you shifted your feet nervously before interrupting, "No, I haven't been practicing enough. I'm so sorry Mrs. Jung, today's just an off-day, can I go back to my dorm to practice for today?" You looked over at the clock, internally letting out a sigh.

It's only 7... I really don't want to go back, yet. 

"Alright. You better come back with the lines perfect, though, as you seem quite distracted today."

Yeah. And your assumption is right.

Looking at Seokjin helplessly, you let out a sigh. "Alright, Mrs. Jung. I apologise again."

"But..." Seokjin protested, his voice fading out.

"Good. Hope to see you tomorrow, after you've gotten your lines straightened out."

"Yeah. See you tomorrow, Seokjin," you said hastily, swinging your backpack over your shoulder and heading towards the door.

"Wai-oh... Mrs. Jung, can I go, too? I'll practice."

"Alright, since the other main role left." The words dripped off of her tongue like poison, then she straightened her back, clearing . "But yes, of course, Seokjin-ah."

Seokjin nodded, dipping his head in a bow and running out the door with his backpack in his hands.

"Wait!" He called out, racing towards you with long strides.

You spun around, your hair fluttering around you and settling in your mouth in a not-so flattering way. Blushing profusely, you used your finger to brush your hair out of your mouth and over your ear.

"Seokjin...?"

"Let's go outside, or something! You seem like you need a distraction..."

What does he mean?

Your heart fluttering in panic, you replied blankly, "I-I have to practice, though. Mrs. Jung will be..."

Plus, if I go outside, I could get in trouble from the school. I could get kicked out. I'm not allowed to leave.

"I know you know every line, though. You just seemed... I dunno. Distracted. And maybe some fresh air can clear your head."

"A-ah, but... I have to get back home, soon."

"Why? Do you have strict parents, or something?"

At the word 'parents', you tensed, shaking your head. "No, that's not it..."

"Then why?"

"I... I don't... just, I can't."

He tilted his head, giving you a slightly puppy-eyed look. "Hm...?"

"It's hard to explain," you said flatly, not wanting to go into detail. You hated when people used puppy eyes to get their way, but in Seokjin's case, it seemed to be working. Your heart fluttered endlessly, and the walls in your mind were breaking down.

"Okay... I just want to spend time with you. I don't mean to seem pestering, so I'm sorry if I sounded that way."

"Spend time with me? Why?"

Why would he want to spend time with me, of all people? I'm not rich, pretty...

"Because... well..."

"Well...?" Your mind flooded with the possibilities of what he could be trying to say.

"Well... I think I might... like you."

"Wha-" You nearly choked, hearing his words.

"At least, I feel attraction towards you. Wait, that sounded weird. Um... I think you're pretty? You have a nice voice? Ugh, I sound so shallow... but I want to get to know you more! So that, well, I don't sound shallow anymore!"

Inwardly, you chuckled at his awkwardness, but your cheeks turned a fierce shade of red.

"We haven't known each other for that long, though-" You were cut off by him.

"I know. It's just a feeling, probably a silly one. But I still want to spend time with you, yeah? To make sure."

in a breath, you swallowed, unsure of how to reply.

He continued, "It's stupid, I know. Agh... this was such an imprompteu... confession? I'm probably being really awkward."

You fanned your face with your hand, pulling out your phone.

[You]: I'm feeling a bit embarrassed right now, so I'll just say it here. I don't know how to respond to you, but...

In confusion, he pulled out his phone, hearing the 'ding' noise. He read your text, then asked, "But?"

[You]: I'm pretty sure that you can see it in my face.

Smiling, you looked at him with rosy cheeks.

"Do you not mind the awkwardness? Can we be boyfriend and girlfriend now? Are we dating?"

"Aish, S-seokjin," you coughed out, feeling even more embarrassed than before, "Dating, already? Isn't that too fast...?"

"Ah, s-sorry!" His face turned a bright strawberry color, matching yours.

"No, it's fine... a-ah, I'd better get home now! It's getting late! Sorry, Seokjin-ah!"

"Alright... see you tomorrow!"

"Yeah... yeah!" You 'scurried' off, running down the halls back to your dorm. Once you slammed the door shut, you slid to the floor, putting your hand over your heart.

Thump thump. Thump thump.

"Ah," you muttered to nobody but yourself, "Seokjin..."

You heard another small ringing sound, then checked the phone that you were holding tightly in your hand. 

[Unknown]: Aish, just get away from him!! I saw what happened, you know! Why can't you just get away from someone who isn't even of the same STATUS as you?? Ugh, are you a gold-digger, or something? If not, just get the heck away from him! Okay? Okay. Otherwise, we won't let it go!


a/n: I'm so sorry for the delayed update! Had a bit of writer's block... Thank you to those who subscribed, anyways! I really, really appreciate it! <3

who could unknown be? :)

I'll try to update again this weekend! still working on story pacing, I feel that this was too rushed;; Jin, the prince of awkwardness, right?