015

Melodious Harmony

You sprinted out of your dorm room, slinging your backpack over your shoulder as you headed to your first class.

Shoot, I only have 5 minutes, I'm going to be late...

Mumbling a string of curse words under your breath, you dodged the crowds of people who were making light conversation amongst themselves. That annoyed you, for some reason.

Are they not worried that they'll be late?

What annoyed you further was the fact that you had to bump into a person. And that person just so happened to be one of the many people that you were avoiding.

"Aish!"

The girl you had just run into eyed your messy state with disdain, clucking her tongue.

You rolled your eyes at her, muttering a small apology for bumping into her before standing up and beginning to walk away.

"Yah, don't just ignore me like that! How's your relationship with Jinnie-oppa going? Not too well, I'm guessing?" 

Turning back, you flashed her a smug smile. 

"Actually, Areum, it's going great. We're officially dating. Thanks to you and Jimin, really. So, thanks! I guess."

Why the heck is Areum the first to know?

She frowned, looking at you with a flash of anger in her eyes. However, she did not reply, leaving you to continue sprinting to your class.

The second semester had started, and a few of your classes switched around, leaving you to struggle to find your classrooms. Once you finally found your first class, the chairs were already filled, and there was only one empty spot. That one spot happened to be next to someone you weren't particularly fond of.

But, you didn't want to get in trouble, so you just it up and sat in that seat.

The teacher entered the room soon after, so you busied yourself trying to take notebooks and pens out of your backpack. However, you felt a small tap on your shoulder, causing you to mentally groan.

"Hey."

Letting out a sigh, you responded quietly, "Hey, Jimin."

"How're things going? With Jin?" His seemingly innocent question was paired with a smug looking face, which seemed to be contradictory. It confused you.

"Oh... we're, um-"

"Did the two of you break up? Did he give up on you?"

"Actually, no. We're... dating. Thanks to you and Areum, really. The two of you helped to bring us closer."

Jimin clenched his jaw at your response.

"That was not what I intended. I wanted you to be... mine."

"I was never, and won't ever be yours. Get that idea out of your head, Jimin. Plus, we're legit still in high school. So, I don't know why you're saying weird stuff like that."

"Last year, we pinky promised." His childish response would've made you laugh if not for the look of malice that he had plastered on his face.

"Gosh, you're so childish. I'm sorry for breaking a pinky promise, but I was really out of it, before. Now that my head is straightened out, I would never agree to be anyone's... forever?"

"So, you're saying that I... that our love was just a result of your lapse in poor judgement?"

"I... remember it all now. Didn't you ever wonder why our kisses lacked passion? Like I was some sort of shell? It was because... there was no real love."

"I loved you."

---

"Jimin-ah..."

"I love you."

"Jimin, please-"

"I've done so much for you. Do you still not... love me?"

"Jimin-ah..."

"I-"

"You're the son of a conglomerate. I'm the daughter of a man who was deeply in debt. I'm just a charity case, and you know that. Who knows, am I your charity case?"

"No, no, it's nothing like that! I just love you! A lot!"

You were startled by his response.

"I..."

"No, please. I love you, I love you so much... couldn't you just promise to have me in your heart forever?"

"I..."

"Please? I love you, I love you."

You wanted to trust him.

"Jimin..."

"Love me, please. Please, love me."

"But Jimin..."

"Please?"

"I... you don't understand. I love you, Jimin-ah, I think. I just..."

"If you love me, then what?"

"I need someone to depend on. Can I depend on you?"

"Yes. Yes, yes, and yes again. You can depend on me, because I love you so much."

"You won't leave me, right?"

"I won't. You won't leave me either, right?"

"I... guess so."

"Pinky promise?"

He held out his pinky to you, surprising you with his childish gesture. Hesitantly, you wrapped your pinky around his, a small smile forming on your face. You didn't know if you loved him yet, but surely you could've learned to love.

---

Sadly, that seemed to not be the case.

"Jimin, but I never actually loved you. I just..."

"Were you using me? Because I would stick by your side?" His voice cracked, a small tear blossoming att the corner of his eye. However, somewhere deep within his eyes seemed to be something odd. Something similar to amusement.

"No, I wasn't. I was just lost. I... I'm sorry. I guess I just love Seo-"

"Even after the cruel things he said? After he saw you as only a faceless person?"

"I'm willing to forgive. Jimin-ah, please move on from me. You can find someone better."

"Don't you understand that you're the only person I love?"

"Stop it. It's too late for that. Especially when... you showed your true colors."

"When you showed your true colors."

"No. You said that if you couldn't have me, nobody could. You thought of me as a possession, just another thing in this world that you could own."

"That's not true-"

"You and I both know all too well of how true it is. You're just... you have everything. You can do whatever, have whatever. It's handed to you on a silver platter. I wanted to make up with you, I wanted to forgive you. But you're making that a bit hard for me."

You finished saying that with a shuddery breath, as you looked at Jimin. His expression was peculiar, not manicured as it normally was. Confused, perhaps? Something seemed to flash in his mind as he contemplated his next reply.

"No, you see, I..."

"You what?"

"I want to make out-UP. Up." His face turned a bright shade of red at his mistake, something you had never seen before. The sudden three-sixty in personality worried you, but it was nice at the same time. "I'm sorry. I've figured out by now that I should not be forcing you to like me. I just wanted to try one more time. Make sure you had no lingering feelings. I've thought about it... a lot. And I think I like someone else now, anyways."

"I'm glad you're moving on, then."

"Do you forgive me? I'm sorry."

"Alright. Just tell me... who do you like?"

"Areum. Song Areum."

Your eyes widened slightly, before you let out a small chuckle.

"Cute."

When you looked up, your face instantly transformed into the color of a tomato as you realized that the two of you had been a bit too loud. The students, and the teacher had been watching the two of you.

Jimin tapped your shoulder, and grinned.

"I wanted to do something as your friend. Just your friend. So, I played a prank on you! I talked really loudly about nothing, so the whole class would hear about you and 'Jinnie-oppa'."

"What the heck, this is the first thing you did after... before... being forgiven?"

"Sorry." Jimin smiled again, his face lighting up in a bright smile. One that had shown that all the jealousy had disappeared.

It was just the beginning of a new friendship.


a/n: It took me FOREVER to update, I'm sorry!! If you're subscribed to any of my other stories, I apologize for not updating those, as well!! I've been having writer's block... so I lacked inspiration for everything. I'm back on track now, though, so I'll try to update more frequently!! This story's about to end soon, too ;; I don't want to say goodbye to it, though-- It hasn't been too long but I'm quite attatched to it. LOL.

At first, I was going to make Jimin a bit more twisted? But I didn't want it to be too angst heavy towards the end. This gives you a peek into her past with Jimin (I was thinking I could write a oneshot about it later, if any of you would be interested? Before she meets her 'white in shining armor' hehe typos from the last chapter.) Anyways, everything was a prank pretty much. Jimin was over it once he realized how much they loved each other. Once he accepted that there was one thing he couldn't have in the world, he accepted it. But ofc, he couldn't be outdone by Seokjin, right? Hehe, so that's where Areum comes in. I figured, since she's been pining after the boys, why not just pair her up with one? And why not the one she worked together with? :)

Also... tysm for 31 subs. I love you all ahaha you make my day<33 thank you to commenters, and basically everyone for reading this~^^