002

Melodious Harmony

Postings

Male Lead (Yoonsung): Kim Seokjin

Female Lead (Eunhye): r/n

Secondary (Minkyu): Park Jimin

...

... What? Is that my name?

You had walked over to the board with Areum, your fingers crossed. If you didn't get this role, you'd be stuck in that room for at least a year. At least with the musical, you could spend less time there.

Areum saw your name under the role of the female lead and cursed under her breath.

"Aish, you? Of all people... you're too pretty, what if he ends up liking you? Actually, no, ignore that."

Rolling your eyes, you murmured in an annoyed tone, "I don't care about that, anyways... you don't have to worry."

Probably.

"C'mon, let's go~!" After you told her that she didn't have to worry, she seemed to shoot up into a perky mood, immediately changing her tone of voice.

"Go where?"

She crossed her arms across her chest, staring at you. "Go to the drama room. Did you not read the bottom? Come by 4:00 PM on the day this is posted. It's 3:55 PM."

"But why you...?"

"I want to see the cutie-I mean, Jinnie~"

"Does he even know you exist...?"

"Hah, yeah." Grinning, Areum flashed you a triumphant smile. "I got him to kiss me."

"Oh really...? How?" you asked curiously, beginning to walk towards the drama room. Since it was close by, you probably wouldn't be too late. At least, you hoped you wouldn't be. If the teacher saw you as irresponsible, they could begin seeing you as that kid. They used to think that, anyways, until you built up your reputation.

"Well, I was playing truth or dare. I think you were doing something silly. Homework? Anyways, he got dared to kiss someone, and he chose me~! I think he might like me, or something."

...Why am I even friends with this delusional girl?

You stopped in front of the drama room. The door was wide open, revealing a room with a few people inside, milling about quietly. Not everyone in the cast was there, yet, so you weren't the last one in.

Good.

"Okay, whatever. Areum... I'm going in now!"

"No, wait," she whined, "Take me with you. Or else I'll be all alone."

"Hmph, you're acting like a baby. You really annoy me sometimes, do you know that? Plus, you always have other friends."

"Aish, before you start talking to me like that, I should make this clear. I could always talk to the director of the musical and tell him that I'd be much more deserving of this role. You don't get a way out anymore, then~"

She's such a little... since her parents are influential, they wouldn't hesitate to kick me, a nobody, out.

At that moment, a guy walked over to your direction, taking long, graceful strides. His steps made him appear to be dancer-like. Though you didn't care much for looks, you acknowledged his handsome appearance. He seemed to be radiating positive energy, smiles and beams of sunshine. Shifting your eyes to the side, you observed your friend, watching the way she seemed to melt on the inside. You let out a small, almost unnoticable snort.

The person who had walked over gracefully bowed, his waist bent, in the customary way of the school. "Pleasure to meet you two. My name is Hoseok. I assume that one of you is playing the role of the female lead, Eunhye?" He smiled flirtatiously, looking in your friend's direction. "Is it her, perhaps? Her beauty..."

Areum cut him off, her face covered in a shade of rosy red. "Agh, no. It's her, unfortunately. She's the one to play the main role, the one who gets to act with Kim Seokjin. She's quite lucky. Considering Kim Seokjin is about as beautiful as they get. She is, too!" She pointed to you with a perfectly manicured finger, suddenly getting defensive.

Seriously, is this girl bipolar or something? Does she have multiple personality disorder? Why does her personality keep changing?

"A-ah, well, yes, she is..." he stuttered, his flushed face filling with uncertainty. He seemed to feel bad for not commenting on your beauty, at all.

You put your hand over your hip, shifting your weight to one side in the ultimate sass position. "Anyways, to stop this horrid excuse for a conversation, would you mind moving so that I could go in? And Areum, would you mind letting me go in, alone?"

Hoseok bowed again before walking into the classroom. "Goodbye, the two of you~ I hope I'll be seeing you around!"

"Alright... I'm satisfied after seeing that guy," she said with an amused expression. "I mean, not that I don't want to see Seokjin next time, but... this guy was cute. Plus, he said I was pretty."

I swear, she can't stick to one way of speaking. One second she's annoying, then she's kind, then she's defensive... ugh. 

"A'right, then," you concluded, walking into the room. The few that noticed you turned to stare, raising their eyebrows. From what you could hear by their whispers, you could tell that they weren't exactly pleased with your presence.

"That stupid..."

"She's going to be acting with Seokjin...?"

"Ugh, the charity case?"

You felt your heart sink at the words "charity case". Those were the words that you hated the most, because you knew it was true. However, two people walked up at you, letting you forget about the whispers. Specifically, two guys.

They bowed, and you mirrored them nervously. You made a few observations about them before they began talking: one looked motherly, the other was quite short, and they both looked like kind people.

"Hello! I'm Yoonsung, and he's Minkyu~" the taller one mused, looking down at you with a kindly smile.

Ehh...? There are people with those names at our school? I mean, I don't know many people, but...

"... or, Seokjin and Jimin."

Areum wasn't kidding when she had said the two guys were good-looking. Not that you cared, much. Or at all.

"Ah, nice to meet you. I'm the person playing Eunhye..."

Seokjin beamed at you again, excitedly stating, "Ahh, so you're the one who I have to fall in love with in the musical! At least, acting-wise. That shouldn't be too hard~ hah, I was worried that it was going to be someone else."

"A-ah-"

The one named Jimin elbowed Seokjin, harshly whispering, "You're being too forward. You haven't even met the girl, give her a break!" He then turned to face you, giving you an apologetic expression. "I apologize for my friend's rude behavior. It seems to have made you a bit nervous..."

You fanned your face, trying to get rid of the redness blossoming on your cheeks, and shook your head. "No, no. I'm fine."

Way to be cool, way to be cool.

Seokjin chuckled at Jimin, handing you a booklet. He didn't seem at all like what his first impression gave off, based on his forward statements. After further observation, you could see that he was neither cool nor conservative.

"What's this?" you wondered curiously, beginning to flip through the pages.

"It's your script," Seokjin informed you cheerfully.

"Oh."

"Check page 105, please."

[Yoonsung kisses Eunhye.]

"Oh gosh... what have I gotten myself into?"


a/n: 3/7 BTS members introduced~ I'm sorry if this chapter was kind of a drag, it's still setting stuff up. Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter<3

Edit (11/27): Edited grammar/clarity of chapter. Minor changes of wording throughout.