010

Melodious Harmony

You stumbled into your room, sliding down against the wall. Holding your hand over your heart, you took deep breaths, trying to process everything that just happened. Your heart was beating quickly, racing like a runner in a marathon.

Jimin? 

Your heart pounded as you thought about the kiss, but you felt bad.

This was not supposed to be happening. You were not supposed to be kissing-or being kissed by-anyone. Especially if that someone wasn't Seokjin.

You lifted your hand to your lips, brushing them lightly with your fingertips. They were warm.

This isn't right. Jimin... no. No.

Shaking, you pulled out your phone from your bag with unsteady hands, opening up the chat with Seokjin. It was 11, so he could've been asleep by now, but you needed to talk to him. You needed to apologise, whether or not he knew what you were talking about.

[You]: Seokjin?

[You]: Are you awake?

[You]: I'm so sorry

...

[You]: Sorry, you're probably not awake.. see you tomorrow

Read

You watched the phone, waiting for a response, but there was none.

Maybe his phone was open? I don't think he actually read it. No, hopefully not.


The next day, you went to school, going through your classes as usual. You tried to blank out all of the past events.

Then, lunch came.

You walked over to the cafeteria, then you saw Jimin. He was laughing, smiling, talking with the others. The 'others' included 'that group' of boys, along will Areum. Well, everyone else besides Seokjin, who was sitting across from him, a blank expression on his face. Your stomach lurched and you walked over to a hallway, sitting down.

Ugh.

Hearing a small ringing sound, you took out your phone. Your finger hovered over the 'open' button as you saw who it was from.

Three new messages from 'Unknown'. Or, Park Jimin.

Going against common sense, you opened them. Even though you were avoiding thinking about him, you still wanted to see what he had to say. Perhaps, a justification for his actions? An explanation?

You convinced yourself that it was purely out of curiousity as you opened the conversation. That was it, just curiosity.

[Unknown Number]: Hi! ^^ Why aren't you sitting at our table? Or...

...

[Unknown Number]: Have you given up on 'Jinnie'? Is that why you aren't sitting here?

[You]: ..No. But.. can you explain?

[Unknown Number]: Explain what?

You changed his contact name to 'Jimin,' wanting to remember that you were talking to Jimin, not some random obsessive girl. Though, he might as well have been one. It would've hurt less.

[You]: Explain yourself? Your actions?

[Jimin]: I thought I explained them perfectly well, yesterday.

[You]: ???

[Jimin]: You shouldn't be in love with Seokjin. You should be in love with me.

[You]: Wth?? I don't get it? You sound really creepy rn??

[Jimin]: ...

[Jimin]: Where r u?

[You]: Not telling.

[Jimin]: Ok, I guess Seokjin can just find you then.

[You]: Seokjin??

[Jimin]: Yeah. He wants to sit with you. :(

[You]: ...

[Jimin]: Ok, well, everyone is wondering who I'm texting. Cya!

Out of the corner of your vision, you saw a person sitting next to you. You turned your head, and your mouth opened into a 'o' shape.

It was Seokjin, looking at you with an unreadable expression.


a/n: ;o idk why, but I'm kind of having a mini writer's block (cries) so I'm sorry if this chapter is kind of awkward sounding~ thank you to readers/subscribers/commenters!!