014

Melodious Harmony

Warning: Mentions of bullying

You sat in your bed, quietly nibbling on sugary cookies. Since you were on holdiay break, you hadn't seen anyone for a few weeks. It was a bit lonely, but your head was filled with thoughts of Seokjin, so it didn't matter too much. 

A small beeping noise caused you to look around, before your eyes landed on your phone. Silently, you read the texts which were rapidly being sent to you. 

[Unknown]: Hey...

[Unknown]: I, uh.

[Unknown]: Wanted to...

[Unknown]: Thank you.

The unknown number alarmed you, but you continued reading the texts, curious as to who it was.

[Unknown]: I wasn't feeling too great about myself earlier. And you helped.

[Unknown]: I don't know if you want to hear this, but.

[Unknown]: I still... care about you. And you know how I said I liked you before?

[Unknown]: I like you! Like... a lot...

[Unknown]: You're just so... pretty...

[Unknown]: Honestly, you're too good for me. I shouldn't be doing this. If I really like you...

[Unknown]: I should tell you what happened last year.

[Unknown]: Do you want to know?

You were fairly sure that you knew who it was. Actually, you were a hundred percent sure. Your fingers hesitated over the keyboard on your phone before you slowly typed your response.

[You]: Are you Seokjin? If you are... then yes, I want to know.

[Unknown]: I am. Just... using a different phone.

Sighing, you added the number to your 'Jin' contact.

[Jin]: So, last year... my father told me that /you/ went to the same school as me. He said that he was going to try to get money back from you. He said that I should help, or else... he'd hurt me.

[Jin]: So stupid... I was stupid. I'm sorry.

[Jin]: I don't know why, but that really scared me.

[Jin]: And so I...

[Jin]: I'm not trying to make excuses for anything.

[Jin]: I don't know if you remember, but I left notes in your locker. All kinds of stuff. Death threats, fake love notes. Everything. I was just trying to confuse you. All so you'd give up, and give the money to my father. I didn't realize that you didn't have any at the time, so I just...

Your breath stopped for a second, before it was replaced with rapid, stuttering breaths. But the texts kept on coming.

[Jin]: And the most pathetic part? I never even bothered to figure out what you looked like. I didn't want to know who I was hurting. I didn't want to do anything that would stop me from... hurting you. It's stupid.

[Jin]: Honestly, at the time? I was using you to pour out my own feelings. Everything I felt about myself, I said to you. Horrible, terrible things. But I never saw the effect. I was so blind. I didn't realize that you were the girl that Jimin, JIMIN always sat with. The one who always looked sad.

[Jin]: Because of me.

You didn't know how to feel. You loved him, but you hated him.

[Jin]: You should hate me now. Right?

[Jin]: Because I hate me. For all the things I said.

[Jin]: So, yeah, I love you. But I don't expect any in return.

With trembling fingers, you began to type again.

[You]: Jin-ah... I...

[You]: You're different now. It's okay.

[You]: I hate you for what you did before. But I also love you. I forgive you, okay? So please, forgive yourself.

[Jin]: But I did such a bad thing...

[You]: Yeah, it was wrong. Yeah, it was a bad thing to do. But you can make up for it.

[Jin]: I'm worried, my father might hurt you.

[You]: He already hurt me. It doesn't matter what else happens, it's all the same anyways.

[Jin]: No... it hurts me to see you hurting.

[You]: Then protect me. Jin-ah, be my knight in shining armor. If you're so worried, then do that.

[You]: And I'll protect you, too. We can be like the couple in the musical.

[Jin]: And die????

[You]: No... like...

[You]: Always be there for each other. Loving. Caring.

[Jin]: Oh...

[You]: Jin-ah, I have to go. See you tomorrow.

[Jin]: Bye..

Tears slowly streaming down your face, you placed your phone to the side and buried your head in your knees. You were remembering everything. Everything Jin did, everything he said.

It hurt.

Yet, you forgived him.

It was in the past.

And now?

You loved him.


a/n: yep... Seokjin was a pretty messed up person before lol. I'm not trying to romanticise bullying with this, the MC is only forgiving him because it's in the past. and she's kind of over it now. (forgive and forget) thank you to the 31 people who decided to sub to this story, I really appreciate that you did that <33 I'm sorry for taking a long time to update, I've been busy with end of semester stuff >< after this week, which is finals week, I'm expercing to be able to update more!! thank you so much for being patient <3 (I'll also try to write longer chapters ;))