CHAPTER 5

ONE MORE DAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“I’m not gonna lie,” Chanyeol said with his mouth full again.

            “But they make better buns here than you.”

            “They’re professional chefs, what do you expect?” Kyungsoo replied bitterly as he twirled the spaghetti with his fork. He picked up one of the meatballs and popped it into his mouth.

            “I can really eat this all day,” he sighed satisfyingly, “The food here is seriously too good.”

            “Drinks too,” Chanyeol added as he took a sip of the special fruit juice that was on promotion that day.

            “Come on, it’s your turn to choose what we’re doing after lunch,” Chanyeol told Kyungsoo.

            “Hmm…,” Kyungsoo put his thumb and finger around his little chin as he started to think.

            “I wanted to…visit our old houses,” he requested. But Chanyeol put down the bun in his hand and frowned.

            “Why would you want to go back to such sad places?”

            “It’s something…I want to remember,” Kyungsoo replied softly.

            “Just this once?” his eyes were begging Chanyeol.

            “I wouldn’t ask again.”

            Keeping his promise, Chanyeol nodded. Truth is, he wanted to remember everything with Kyungsoo too. This was going to be the only day he’ll get to spend with him. He just didn’t fancy visiting sad places.

            After paying the bill, they set off on foot.

            “How far was it again?” Chanyeol asked.

            “About half an hour walk?” Kyungsoo estimated, “We’ll have plenty of time to talk.”

            “You still remember that one time when you just sat outside my door in the heavy rain?”

            “Yeah, of course I do,” Chanyeol replied bitterly.

            “How could I ever forget that?” he said, “I was just like a beggar in the streets.”

            The cold rain pattered on Chanyeol’s face. It was as cold as the winter snow. The only thing Chanyeol could shield his face with was the jacket. But he was so cold he was frozen in place. He had been sitting there for about an hour when it started to rain. The night was dark and the rainclouds made it even darker. Lighting struck and thunder roared. Chanyeol tried to stop the shivering of his shoulders but it was no helping it.

            He sat at the short flight of stairs on the porch of a house. The door was only a few steps away. But Chanyeol wouldn’t knock on it. He recognized the house. That’s why he came here. He couldn’t think of anyone else he could go to. But for his pride, he remained outside.

            He calmed his nerves by watching the puddles on the road. He saw the clouds and the lightning reflecting in them. The raindrops pattered endlessly onto the water. And above it all, there was storm blowing. It stung Chanyeol’s fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter