PROLOGUE

ONE MORE DAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

He looked up at the perfect sky. The color of bright blue painted on the sky without a flaw. White clouds decorated the sky and blocking the strong sun though the sun rays still seeped through the clouds. Birds screeched as they soared across the vast sky. A rainbow hung itself between two clouds as it bid the rain farewell. Chanyeol closed his eyes as he savored these last scenes with his heart.

            A soft breeze blew towards his direction. The wind rustled the trees in the park. It caressed his face gently and made his hair danced. It whispered into his ears and told him things that he had once forgotten. He took in deep breaths of the fresh air and exhaled slowly. He smiled broadly.

            I’m coming soon, he whispered in his heart, just wait for me.

            It was perfect where his mind was. But it wasn’t where his body was. Fantasy and reality can differ so much. The sounds of traffic filled his ears. Cars honked at each other and tires screeched. People’s screams and cries jumbled together within these layers of chaotic din. Somehow, these cacophonous sounds had been pushed to the back of his mind. Although it was deafening, he could barely hear them.

            Taking in a deep breath once again, he opened his eyes.

            I’m ready.

            His mind cleared. The noises flooded into his head like waves crushing onto the shores. It was chaos. But he hardly had the time to clutch his own head before he was interrupted by the blinding flash of light coming from the corner of his eyes.

            He turned towards it. And he hoped he hadn’t. His eyes widened as he saw the large car came towards him with flying speed. The lights flashed madly to warn him to get out of the way. He shielded his eyes with his hands instinctively although it would not be of any help. The honk became louder and louder until he thought he had gone deaf.

            All of a sudden, all that he could hear was his own heartbeat, beating heavily against his chest, threatening to break his rib bones.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter