CHAPTER 9

ONE MORE DAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It was the exact same time when it happened almost a year ago. It was a windy day that night. The breeze wasn’t as soft and gentle as usual. And the wind eventually grew into a storm that threatened to blow people off the streets.

They were supposed to be staying indoors. They even planned the dinner beforehand. Kyungsoo was going to cook. And then, they were going to have snacks while snuggling in thick blankets in front of the TV. Chanyeol’s eyes began to tear up again when he remembered how they didn’t get to do that.

It was such a perfect night for the both of them. A delicious meal and a romantic ‘date’ in front of the mini theatre. It might have been a perfect night for the confession too, as Chanyeol had previously thought. He never got the ring from the jewelry shop that he had chosen. He knew Kyungsoo always liked things simple. But he wanted to give him something special. But the prices on things nowadays looked like they’d cost Chanyeol his liver.

Kyungsoo was just lighting up the candles on the dinner table when a thought struck Chanyeol’s mind.

“We could really use some good wine to go with this,” Chanyeol suggested, admiring the table.

“But Chanyeol, it’s not like it’s a special occasion,” Kyungsoo laughed.

“I just feel like preparing something…better tonight.”

“But wine really matches with the occasion,” Chanyeol insisted.

“Come on, it’s not like we can eat like this every day.”

“But look at the storm,” Kyungsoo pointed outside as he pulled aside the curtains.

“Oh, that,” Chanyeol shrugged, “Don’t worry about it. I know a store just around here.”

“I’ll be back in no time.”

When he saw the worried look on Kyungsoo’s face, he added, “I promise.”

Kyungsoo made Chanyeol promise to be careful before walking back into the kitchen to prepare their dinner. Chanyeol hopped into his car and set out for the store. The storm was blowing strongly, not to mention the heavy downpour. It was almost impossible to see what was in front of him. But Chanyeol tried his best and drove slowly.

Sure enough, it took him only around 15 minutes to reach the store. As soon as he stepped inside, the rain grew heavier. And a lot of people started pouring into the store to take shelter from the rain. Chanyeol quickly made his payment and headed for his car.

It was just a matter of minutes, the traffic had transformed entirely within the time Chanyeol had spent in the store. The roads were now crowded. And the rain wasn’t helping, which made driving all the more difficult. He the wipers and tried to drive as carefully as he could. He could see red lights in the midst of the pouring rain. The sound of noisy traffic only made it worse.

It had been almost 30 minutes after he went out. Kyungsoo stared at the clock hanging on the wall and sighed.

“Didn’t he say it was just around the corner?”

He sighed again before putting on his hoodie and headed for the door. He picked up an umbrella from the umbrella stand and descended the porch steps.

The heavy rain pattered against his umbrella as if threatening to tear through it. Kyungsoo waded through the flooded street, trying to find his way to the store that Chanyeol had mentioned earlier. He was convinced that something must have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter