CHAPTER 10

ONE MORE DAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

He felt as light as a feather. He felt like he was flying. He opened his eyes. He saw the dark sky before his eyes. He was floating in midair. He couldn’t hear anything else except for the drumming of his heartbeat against his chest. His eyes darted frantically as he searched for Kyungsoo.

            Kyungsoo, where are you? Kyungsoo!

            But there was no answer to his question. His best friend had simply disappeared. His visions slowly came into view, and so did the voices. He saw people and then he heard a lot of shouting. But they were all standing upside down from his point of view.

            Time slowed down until he felt that everything was moving in slow motion. He stumbled across the hood of the car. And this time, he got a better view of the driver behind the wheel. It was not the same person as he had expected. Instead, who he had seen before had been replaced by another man. Someone he didn’t know.

            But the look on his face was the same. Shock, surprise, horror and fear all jumbled together into an expression on his face. But Chanyeol knew exactly how that felt. Because he too, had experienced it before. The fear and guilt crept over the driver just as it had crept over Chanyeol once, maybe twice this time.

            He turned his head and found himself falling closer and closer to the ground. He braced for the impact. But it never came. He thought that he would feel the same pain again. But this time, there was nothing.

            He blinked. And in an instance, everything he saw was tinted red. The same red as the color of blood. He knew his time was near. He was just glad that he had had that second chance. Maybe he didn’t ruin it after all. Maybe that was all he needed for a second chance in life. He reached out with his hand to clutch an invisible star. But his fingers closed around thin air.

            The sound of laughter made its way into his ears. And then he flashed before his eyes. There he was again. Kyungsoo. Chanyeol smiled to himself as he watched Kyungsoo laughed at a joke he had made. He realized that there was something there that he didn’t notice before. Something he had missed entirely. For a moment there, Chanyeol believed that the second cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter