CHAPTER 3

ONE MORE DAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol sat on a bench and watched a couple playing the funfair games as he munched away on the cotton candy he just bought. The candy floss tasted like clouds in his mouth. It was so soft it melted at the touch of his tongue.

            “So close!”

The girl squealed as the boy missed the target by an inch. The boy changed a different position and bit his lower lip as he was determined to win the game for his girlfriend. Luckily, he won enough score to get a giant teddy bear the size of a dog for her.

“Thank you!” she squealed even louder as she threw her arms around her boyfriend’s neck and gave him a soft peck on the lips.

Chanyeol’s lips curved into a shy smile behind his cotton candy. It felt like he was watching a free show right in front of his eyes.

Hugging the teddy bear tightly, the couple made their way towards the giant ferris wheel. Not too far to Chanyeol’s right, there were more exciting games such as the roller coasters and the haunted house. Everywhere he turned, all he could see were couples. It felt to him that he was the only one sitting alone and eating cotton candy with no one to talk to.

He wondered why he had decided to come here alone. And then, he remembered that he was supposed to meet someone here. He couldn’t stay cooped up in the house all day. His friends had urged him to come out. To make his day more exciting, they had set up a blind date for him, asking him to sit at the bench and wait.

Chanyeol stared at his watch, it was almost noon and there was no possible target in sight. He sighed heavily. His friends must be fooling him again. Sometimes, he wondered if he could call them his friends. He rested his chin on his palm and his elbow on his thigh. He stared off into the distance and imagined himself high up on the ferris wheel, staring at the horizon and admiring the sunset.

“Hey there, all alone?”

The voice caught Chanyeol’s attention as he turned and was shocked to see a complete stranger. His big brown eyes were stunningly warm as he stared at Chanyeol.

“Uh yeah, hi there…,” he replied in a low voice.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Kyungsoo,” the stranger offered his hand for a shake.

“And you are?”

“I’m Chanyeol,” he tried his best to smile as he took the stranger’s hand. It felt warm against his.

“So…how come you’re here alone?” Kyungsoo asked as he took a seat on the bench right beside Chanyeol.

“Well, my friends said I was supposed to be meeting someone,” Chanyeol replied.

“But I guess it’s just a joke.”

“Well, that makes the two of us,” Kyungsoo said and offered a warm smile.

Strangely, Chanyeol felt comfortable around this guy he just knew. Making a new friend was rare for Chanyeol, almost never would he talk to a stranger. But something about Kyungsoo made him feel secured. It was like they have known each o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter