The Shin Family

You Are Cute!

a/n: So this is the Hyungwonho part of the fic because the two practically sailed so hard in No.Mercy and up till now, this ship is strong.

 

----

 

Hoseok was excited to return home and have a break. After practically living his last few weeks at the office, he gets to have a short vacation to spend time with his family. Being a composer is something Hoseok loved doing and now that he was given a chance to work on an upcoming idl group’s debut album, he had grabbed the opportunity and worked hard to meet expectations. He had to sacrifice a few days of missing his family but all in all it was worth it.

 

As Hoseok opened the door to their house, he could hear his little one happily telling his dad how his day went. It made Hoseok smile knowing that they are coping well despite his absence. He stealthily walked towards the living room and coughed to get their attention, only to be tackled by the six year old who was excited to see his other dad once more.

 

 

“Appa!!! Appa!!!” Minhyuk screamed in delight and it made Hoseok laugh at his clingy his son was, while Hyungwoon tried to pry the leech of a kid out of his husband to give him a proper greeting.

 

“Okay Minhyuk, get down now so I could greet your dad too.” Hoseok said and Minhyuk let his father go. Hyungwon instantly kissed his husband’s cheek and hugged him tight, he whispered something that made Hoseok grin before leading the two boys to the breakfast nook so they could eat.

 

Hoseok knew his spouse wasn’t the domestic type and they have a hired helper who drops by to clean the house and prepare food, he wasn’t expecting Hyungwon to do all those stuff because the later was a model who was pampered all his life. Hoseok arranged the take out on a plate while Hyungwoon helped set the dishes, and it reminded Hoseok of the sacrifice Hyungwon made for them to have their family.

 

“So how was your day Minhyukkie?” Hoseok asked as they started eating.

 

“It was fun!” Minhyuk chirped, taking the meat Hyungwon had placed on his plate with his training chopsticks. “I met a cute friend earlier.” Minhyuk explained.

 

“He scared the hell out of the boy. Poor kid.” Hyungwon added making Minhyuk pout.

 

“You hate me appa!” Minhyuk accused his father who just raised his brow.

 

“Minhyukkie, that’s not nice.” Hoseok reprimanded the son.

 

“But Seok-appa, Won-appa made me look bad.” Minhyuk pouted even more.

 

“Hey, I saved you back then, Jooheon was crying pretty bad and I don’t want his father to hate you.” Hyungwon answered.

 

“We are friends now.” Minhyuk smiled brightly. “He is so cute Seok-appa.” Minhyuk told his father who was smiling.

 

“Really cute?” Hoseok asked with a grin.

 

“Yeah, really cute!” Minhyuk chirped then Hoseok turned to his husband who nodded.

 

“Joheon is pretty cute, I have to admit.” Hyungwon replied and then continued eating.

 

“Really now.” Hoseok said and took more kimchi to eat.

 

“Yeah, and he said that I am cute too! Am I cute appa?” Minhyuk asked and Hoseok nodded instantly.

 

“Of course you are, you have us as your parent so you are definitely cute!” Hoseok replied and Minhyuk smiled wide, a smile that reminded Hoseok of himself, all toothy and wide.

 

“Yah, both of you stop smiling like joker, it’s creepy.” Hyungwon commented and Hoseok laughed, his model husband surely has restrained smiles like a Monalisa.

 

“How was work appa?” Minhyuk asked and Hoseok swallowed his food before answering his son.

 

“Good, and appa is almost finish now so I was given a short vacation.” Hoseok informed them and Hyungwon grinned at the information. “In fact, the idol group will be presenting their song at our company event, and you both are coming with me.” Hoseok informed them and Minhyuk was instantly excited about it.

 

 

“We are invited?” Hyungwon asked and Hoseok nodded.

 

“It’s a big scale anniversary party and employees’ families are invited, plus, scouts will look at children for new models, it’s a win-win on the management.” Hoseok said and Hyungwon nodded. “But you can refuse the scouts, I know you understand that world better than I do so if you dislike Minhyuk getting into that, no worries, we will decline.” Hoseok quickly added and Hyungwon nodded.

 

“I will think about it, he is rather young  to work.” Hyungwon said and Hoseok nodded.

 

“Oh, dress him up in onesies okay? The kids have a safari theme party.” Hoseok added and Hyungwon  nodded.

 

After dinner, they gathered in the living room and Hoseok handed Minhyuk a gift. It was a Spiderman action figure and the kid was over the moon as he played with it. He pressed the button and it made some sounds making the kid squeal in delight.

 

“He is so loud.” Hyungwon groaned  making Hoseok laugh.

 

“Aren’t you not in bed?” Hoseok teased and earned a punch on the arm from his husband.

 

“You’re the only one who can bring that loud self out and you know that we both love it.” Hyungwon retorted.

 

“Why don’t I take Minhyuk to school tomorrow so you can rest more?” Hoseok asked and Hyungwon smiled one of his rare genuine smiles.

 

“I love you!” Hyungwon kissed his husband’s lips.

 

“Ewwww!!!! Appa is gross!” They heard little Minhyuk and Hyungwon groaned while Hoseok chased the kid around the house. Minhyuk was screaming and squealing as he ran away but Hoseok was a fit man and he caught the kid and kissed his cheek. “Appa you are gross!!” Minhyuk shouted but was laughing, he enjoyed the affection of his fathers and it translates so much to him being clingy to them when he feels like he wasn’t given that much attention.

 

“We only kiss people we love Minhyuk, and we love you okay.” Hoseok explained and Minhyuk noded, kissing his father’s cheek with a loud smack.

 

“I love you appa!” Minhyuk chirped and then pointed to Hyungwon.

 

Hoseok nodded and brought the kid to his husband who took Minhyuk into his arms and kissed his cheek. “Minhyukkie is so loud.” Hyungwon said and earned a grin from Minhyuk.

 

“I love you appa.” He chirped and kissed his father’s cheek making Hyungwon smile wide.

 

Hoseok joined them on the couch and they cuddled as they watched some TV program. Eventually Minhyuk fell asleep and he was tucked into bed, Hoseok and Hyungwon kissed their son’s forehead before they retreated to their room to enjoy each other in ways adults only know.

 

And the next day, Minhyuk raised his brow as Hoseok led him towards the car to go to school.

 

“Where Is Won-appa?” Minhyuk asked and Hoseok just grinned at his child.

 

“He needs to sleep more, so I will be sending you to school today.” Hoseok informed the son who was having a hard time comprehending but shrugged his shoulders and followed his father.

 

----

 

a/N: So yeah, rated stuff just leave it to your imagination, I don’t want to traumatize the toddlers in this fic wahahah