Meeting Minhyuk

You Are Cute!

Kihyun was holding three sons at tow, the eldest Jooheon was already going to kindergarten today and he’ll have to drop him off to school while his twins Soonyoung and Changkyun will be taken to a nearby day care. Jooheon was clutching his father’s hand tightly while the twins held each other’s hands as the eldest of the two held their father’s free hand.


“I am scared appa.” Jooheon muttered as they stepped inside the school gate.

 

“You’ll be okay Honey.” Kihyun assured his five year old who was really unsure if kindergarten is not a scary place.

 

“Hyung is a big boy!” Soonyoung chirped from Kihyun’s other side and  Jooheon smied at his brother proudly.

 

“Yeah. You will join me soon.” Jooheon said and both Soonyoung and Changkyun nodded.

 

“So now let’s find your classroom, we don’t want to be late on your first day.” Kihyun told the boy who nodded.

 

They found the room not far from the entrance and Kihyun felt the hand tighten around his. This made him smile, it is a scary place for a five year old and Jooheon is another level when it comes to being scared. “You’ll be fine Honey, go and make friends.” Kihyun assured his eldest and gave him a kiss on the cheek just as his twin brothers were waving at him.

 

“Have fun hyung!” the twins chirped and Kihyun sighed as he watched the boy took nervous steps inside the classroom.

 

Kihyun took the twins by hand and led them out of the school when they heard a high pitched scream and saw a flailing Jooheon ran towards him. Jooheon hugged his father’s legs and it made Kihyun confused.

 

“Ahhhhhh Wait  cutie!!!!!” Kihyun glance at the child running towards them and was confused. Kihyun felt Jooheon held his leg tighter and a smile appeared on his face.

 

“Minhyuk! Stop scaring your classmates!” He heard an adult scold the kid and the kid pouted. “I’m sorry if my son scared yours, he is loud.” The man said to Kihyun. “I’m Hyungwon and this is my son Minhyuk.” Hyungwoon introduced himself.

 

“Oh, I am Kihyun and these are my sons Jooheon, my eldest.” Kihyun gestured to the boys still hugging Kihyun’s legs. “and my sort of twins Soonyoung and Changkyun.

 

“Hello!” The twins greeted them

 

“Jooheonie is very cute!” Minhyuk remarked with a toothy smile.

 

‘Minhyuk, I said stop it. You are scaring him.” Hyungwon said and the boy pouted.

 

“Jooheon, It’s not nice to ignore people.” Kihyun warned.

 

“I’m scared appa.” Jooheon muttered, his tiny voice muffled by Kihyun’s pants.

 

“Hey, they won’t bite you.” Kihyun said and Jooheon finally looked at the strangers only to hide his face again as Minhyuk squealed.

 

‘Jooheonie is cute!!!!” Minhyuk shouted and Hyungwon sighed.

 

‘Sorry, must have gotten his loud personality from our surrogate.” Hyungwon explained.

 

‘Surrogate?” Kihyun inquired.

 

“yah, I have a husband you see. So yeah,a surrogate.” Hyungwon said shyly, after all, same relationship although accepted; it is still looked down upon.

 

“Oh, really? My sons are from surrogacy too.” Kihyun explained.

 

‘Really? You are like me?” Hyungwon chose his words.

 

“Yeah, small world.” Kihyun said and the adults laughed.

 

Meanwhile Minhyuk started digging through his bag and pulled out a box of Pepero then handed it to his father. Hyungwon raised his brow but Minhyuk smiled at him then pointed to Jooheon. “Fine, only because you made him cry.” Hyungwon puffed his cheeks and opened the box and eventually the plastic pack inside.

 

Minhyuk then approached Jooheon and offered the treat. Jooheon looked at the offered Pepero then to his father who smiled and nodded, even urged him to take it.  Jooheon shyly took one and thanked Minhyuk who smiled at him with his toothy smile.

 

“You are cute, let’s be friends!” Minhyuk chirped and Jooheon thought for a while before nodding and taking another pepero then nibbled it like a hamster.

 

“Okay, let’s get you back to class.” Kihyun announced and Minhyuk took Jooheon’s hand and led him back to the room.

 

“Bye Appa! Samchon!” Minhyuk waved at the adults and Kihyun burst out laughing.

 

“Your son is really something.” Kihyun remarked.

 

‘Yeah, I bet they’ll be good friends.” Hyungwon remarked.

 

“Well, I need to send these two to daycare so I’ll see you around. Nice meeting you Hyungwon.” Kihyun said and Hyungwon waved at him and bid him goodbye as well.

 

----

a/n I decided to make this into a drabble series so expect tid bits of fluff from the toddlers.