Parents' safari

You Are Cute!

T

When children keep on pouring like it is the end of the world.


---

a/n: been a while and really had a lot to do the past days and been sick once or twice but here it is before you guys choke me to death

PS: thank you so much for liking the story so far!

----

“I didn’t know you are married.” Kihyun remarked as Ryeowook assisted Changkyun up the chair.

“Well I just got back; my husband’s retiring so I thought it would be best to settle roots here.” Ryeowook said and handed Mark is spoon and fork.

“You travel?” Hyungwon asked and Ryeowook nodded.

“My husband does and thus Mark has to be homeschooled. My younger would be three next weekend I want to invite you all over if you don’t mind” He said and there were chatters and nods.

“Wait, if you are here, then your husband must be from the company, and if he travels a lot, a manager perhaps?” Hyunwoo asked.

“Oh you’ll be surprised.” Ryeowook grinned as he took a juice pouch and opened it before giving it to Youngjae who was sitting next to Changkyun.

“The suspense is killing me.” Hoseok remarked which made Ryeowook laugh.

“I want to call everyone’s attention to the main stage, gather around and witness one of Metaphor Entertainment’s biggest idol ever debuted, Performing for the last time, Please give it up for Henry.” The announcer said and upon hearing this, the crowd made their way towards the stage. The crowd was thick when they got there making the kids pout but Ryeowook just smiled at them and waved at a bouncer who led them towards the front.

The lights sparkled as the sound blasted from the speakers, it was 1-4-3, a song so popular it charted far too many times in its peak.

“Oh it’s Henry sunbae-nim’s last stage before retirement?” Hoseok asked Hyunwoo.

“Yeah, I heard that he had his share of limelight and would really want to focus on his family.” Hyunwoo replied and Hoseok nodded.

Henry performed for a good 20 minutes and everyone cheered him on. The last song he did was extra special because a violin was handed to him while a key board was being set up on his side.

“Not a lot of you know my family; I’ve been married for a while and had 2 loving kids. I tried to make their lives as private as possible but tonight, I’d like to share my stage with them.” Henry spoke with a smile on his lips and stars in his eyes. “So if you may, I would like to introduce my other half, my love and my Harmony, pianist extraordinaire, Ryeowook.” He said and a spotlight was directed to the man who chuckled and took Mark’s hand.

“And our first born Mark. I miss you buddy.” He said as the boy ran and tugged his father along only to let go and give his father a tight hug. “And my youngest, Vernon.” Henry announced as a two year old wearing a dinosaur onesie was brought to the stage by a Chinese male, Henry’s Manager.

Then kid gave his father a hug before running towards Ryeowook to sit on his lap. Ryeowook kissed his cheek before settling himself to play the piano keys. It was a slow tune and everyone was anticipating the duet of two perfectly compatible instruments played by two perfectly matched couple.

The keys of the piano was soon joined by the striking sounds from the violin and everyone was at awe with how perfect the two sounded; it always has been but rediscovered today. The kids were just listening to their father, completely comfortable with how everything was, enjoying the sounds of perfectly harmonizing instruments.

By the end of the performance, there were tears in the adults’ eyes and chers from the kids, Mark kissed his father’s cheek and then led him to Ryeowook who stood and carried Vernon to take a family bow. There were loud cheers and applauses that it completely overwhelmed Ryeowook but he felt a warm hand wrap around his waist and he relaxed before they stepped off the stage.

“Yien-ge!!!” Jackson screamed loudly as he ran to hug the friend. “You were so cool!” He remarked which made Mark scrunch up his nose.

“I didn’t do anything.” Mark shrugged.

“Jackson.” They heard a voice and Jackson smiled wide and ran to him just as everyone gasped looking at the power couple that was walking.

“Papa! Appa!” Jackso shrieked and the Chinese male laughed and took Jackson to carry him and hug him while the Korean male rolled his eyes.

“Stop spoiling him Hannie!” He remarked and the Chinese laughed.

“I’ll stop when you stop spoiling Jun.” Hangeng replied which made his partner puff out his cheeks and scowl. “Ah, Ryeowook-ssi.” Hangeng said, letting his son down and shaking the friend’s hand.

“Thank you for taking care of Vernon.” Ryeowook greeted.

“it wasn’t a problem, Heechul is quite fond of the little creature.” Hangeng replied and Heechul pushed him away in favor of hugging the friend.

“I missed my cookie. Why did you have to go back so early?” Heechul asked.

“I couldn’t pass the opportunity to teach.” Ryeowook shrugged then turned to his group, leading Heechul and his family to the bunch of wide eyed spectacular.

“Hello peasants.” Heechul greeted and Hangeng sighed next to him.

“Excuse my husband.” He said and extended a hand towards each adult and introduced himself.

“Oh my god, you are married to Henry? The Henry?” Kihyun was surprised to the core, like he had fanboyed at one time about the Chinese Canadian idol. “Hyunwoo you never told me me he’s under working in the same company!” Kihyun looked at his husband who was shocked as well.

“I didn’t know, I am not even informed!” Hyunwoo defended himself.

“Well, I kept my family matters private for the sake of my husband and children’s security. Hi I’m Henry.” Henry introduced himself. “And thank you for being such good friends of Wookie.” He said, kissing the husband on the cheeks.

“Papa, you are gross.” Mark made a face and Henry chuckled.

“You’ll understand soon enough Mark.” He patted the son’s shoulder.

“Okay, so I guess we need a bigger table?” Hoseok suggested making Heechul laugh.

“Don’t even start with me.” Heechul grinned and walked towards a conference room to the side where it was set up with big tables for both parents and kids. “private party.” He smirked as he sat down on one of his chairs while Hangeng sat next to him and let his kids go to a smaller table, with Jackson pulling Mark and never letting go.

“Wookie, you might consider a fixed marriage for Jackson and Mark.” Heechul suggested.

“Please not my son, he’s too young.” Henry responded making Ryeowook laugh.

“Let the kids be hyung.” Ryeowook replied as he sat down.

“Oh Hyungwon isn’t it?” Heechul turned to the former model who nodded. “Stll as handsome as I remember, I missed your face on my catalogue, such beauty you hold my dear.” Heechul remarked making Hyungwon fluster at the compliment.

“I had to focus on my family.” Hyungwon responded and Heechul nodded.

“I completely understand but if you still want to return and do part time, please contact Mina, I’d be happy to have you again, my precious.” Heechul said with a smile, sinister to Hoseok.

“IF Hoseok will allow.” Hyungwon said and the composer looked at his husband with a shocked expression before smiling wide at him.

“I won’t mind it at all, you’ve sacrificied a lot for our family.” Hoseok replied and the people around the table are a mix of emotions.

“Okay, too cheesy.” Kihyun remarked.

“Appa!” They heard Minhyuk who was pouting at Joohoen who was gladly talking to Jackson. “He’s stealing my Jooheonie!” Minhyuk was clearly not happy about it.

“He’s not minhyukkie hyung.” Jooheon giggled.

“Jackson, don’t steal what’s not yours, return the bee to his owner.” Mark reprimanded and the puppy clad child had the kicked puppy look.

“I am not stealing Yien ge!” He defended himself but Mark just puffed his cheeks then pulled Minhyuk to the corner and handed him a milk carton which made Minhyuk smile and the two had their own world (Minhyuk blabbering while Mark just spacing out, perfect).

“So I guess that was uhm, interesting.” Hoseok said with a chuckle.

“Oh my Jackson, how could he betray Mark! It’s your fault you spoil that puppy!” Heechul pointed at Hangeng who just rolled his eyes.

“Oh like I said before, next weekend is Vernon’s birthday, he’s turning three.” Ryeowook announced.

“What a coincidence, Chan is also turning three next weekend.” Jeonghan exclaimed as the kid on his lap clapped cheerfully.

“Joint party?” Henry suggested and Seungcheol agreed almost instantly.

“so much fun it would be.” Jeonghan said dreamily making the others laugh.

----

“Changkyunie, do you like chocolates?” Youngjae asked and the boy nodded making youngjae smile at him toothily as he handed out a piece of chocolate nugget. Changkyun took it with a smile and ate it happily making Youngjae giggle.

Jihoon was annoyed and so was Wonwoo because Soonyoung was so energetic and calling Jihoon fairy while wonwoo was stuck with an stern looking Chinese named Junhui who happens to be the son of Heechul). “You’re pretty!” Soonyoung said to Junhui and the Chinese smirked then thanked him, apparently vanity is hereditary.

“What’s your name?” Minhyuk asked and Mark pointed to himself. Minhyuk nodded and Mark answered shortly. “Mark, Mark.” Minhyuk repeated with his Korean accent making the boy laugh.

“Cute!” He said in English and Minhyuk was confused.

“He said you’re cute.” Jackson translated and Minhyuk thanked Mark.

“Wow, you are cool!” Jooheon remarked with a deep smile. “But Minhyukkie hyung is mine.” Jooheon said, sitting next to the older Korean and grabbing his arm.

“Yien ge is mine too!” Jackson retaliated and did the same to Mark making the older sigh.

“Yien?” Minhyuk asked.

“Chinese name.” Mark replied and Minhyuk nodded, he could at least understand that.

The kids went on to play before food was served to them and they settled on their seats. The moms fussed over their children while the dads just settled for a glass of wine and some appetizers while they waited for their meal.

“Sunbae, you really are retiring?” Jaebum asked and Henry nodded.

“Yeah, I am a little too old for this besides, I would really like to spend time with my family.” Henry replied.

“He’s going to be composing though, and MC jobs once in a while.” Hangeng answered.

‘Yeah, remind me” Henry said with much chagrin.

“Your kids are all so adorable, I think it fits with Heenim’s fashion philosophy.” Hangeng said and Henry groaned.

“Not this again, like you two have been egging us to make Mark and Vernon model for you guys!” Henry exclaimed frustrated.

“But look how they are!” Hangeng retorted and looking at how Heechul’s been talking to the moms, Henry’s sure he had roped everyone into the plan.
----

“Wonwoo is so handsome.” Heechul remarked and then looked at his son, “Perfect for my Junhui.” He said and the two kids glared at each other.

“I am not sure though” Jinyoung nervously laughed.

“And look at these bunnies!” Heechul squealed at Jihoon, Soonyoung, changkyun and Youngjae who were all huddled in a corner, talking while eating happily, like they all have their own bubble.

“He’s usually quiet.” Jinyoung chuckled and Kihyun sighed.

“I’m sure that it’s a compliment, thank you.” Kihyun replied. “wow, am I getting old or what? My sons have their puppy crushes this young.” Kihyun remarked earning a laugh from the moms as they assist their sons.


“What’s a puppy crush Appa?” Minhyuk asked and Hyungwon looked at him with wide eyes.

‘oh it’s just an expression for liking someone.” Hyungwon explained.

“But only 2 of us are puppies!” Minhyuk pointed to Jackson and the adults burst into laughing.

“Well the others can’t have puppy crushes.” Hyungwon tried hard not to laugh at his son.

‘I want to be a puppy!” Youngjae erupted, pouting at his father. “I can’t like Changkyunnie if I’m not a puppy!” Yougjae started to cry but Changkyun handed him a handkerchief Kihyun always placed inside his pocket.

“I am a puppy.” Changkyun said then smiled. “I can like you.” He added and Changkyun kissed Youngjae’s cheeks making everyone gasp.

‘Yah appa!!!” Jooheon shouted. Appa!!!!” He pointed to the brother and Kihyun sighed while rubbing his temples.

‘hyungwon, I love you dude but really?” Kihyun said while Jinyoung glared at Hyungwon.

“My innocent baby!” Jinyoung was dramatic, he was an actor when he was active in JJP.

“Can I kiss my Fairy too?” Soonyoung asked and Jihoon punched the boy’s arm making Soonyoung yelp in pain.

“Okay, everyone settle down and eat or else, no cake.” Ryeowook said and everyone settled down to eat.


------

 


A/N: updated guide to the families:
Hyunwoo x Kihyun = Jooheon (6), Changkyun (4), Soonyoung (4)
Hoseok x Hyungwon = Minhyuk (7)
Jaebum x Jinyoung = Youngjae (4), Wonwoo (4)
Seungcheol x Jeonghan = Jihoon (4), Chan (2)
Ryeowook x Henry = Mark (7), Vernon (2)
Hangeng x Heechul = Jackson (6), Junhui (4)

Yes there will be a birthday party scene for the two babies (and both February bday celebrants). Yes there would be so many ships the sea would be crowded. And yes I just made Changjae happen because I am a person with weird ships!