Recovering

Why Don't You Leave Me Alone ?

Author POV

Jimin has been released from the hospital one week after the surgery. Since his last conversation with Jungkook, he hasn’t seen the latter and his mom had told him that he didn’t call to know how he was doing. Jimin was disappointed and felt kind of… abandoned? He didn’t really know what he was feeling but it was something around emptiness. He felt empty without Jungkook around, without his caring words and gestures. Jimin was feeling stupid thinking like that. Jungkook had been the one to harass him and he still didn’t know why he had done that. Jimin understood his story but why he had become this kind of person and why he had beaten him up, he just couldn’t seem to get it. So when he went back home that day, he was surprised to find presents in front of his door. He was on a wheelchair because the doctor had told him not to walk for some time and he looked up at his mother who was pushing him.

“We’ve been receiving a lot of chocolates, sweets and flowers since the day we brought you to the hospital. I don’t know who it is from but I saw some girls coming to put the packages in front of the door and going back running. But one of them was coming every day. I thought it was quite weird.” She explained as she was picking the flowers and chocolates up and opening the door. Jimin thought about it for some time.

“What was the girl looking like? The one who came every day.” Jimin asked.

“She was quite tall and skinny. Always wearing high heels and short skirts. Long black hair. Do you know her?” Mrs Park asked her son as she was making him enter in the living room. Yura Jimin thought.

“Yes. It seems like she has a crush on me. But I don’t like her. I’m gay so that’s logical but what I mean is that I don’t like her even as a person. She’s a really bad girl mom.” Jimin explained and his mother nodded slowly.

“Well… Oh? What is this?” Mrs Park said as she took a box from the pile of gifts that were on the table. It was a rectangular box, all wrapped with a beautiful light blue wrapping paper. Jimin approached his mother, and took it from his mother’s hand. He unwrapped the box and took a letter out of it. He opened it.

Hi Jimin! It’s Taehyungie~

I saw that you haven’t been coming to school for a week now so I thought you’d need this! Jin hyung kindly took notes for you in my behalf (because I can’t seem to be able to write neatly as you can see) and wrote them down in this beautiful notebook, all put into order for every subject ^.^

I hope you’ll come back quickly, we all miss you!

Your friends who love you ♥

Jimin was so touched that he was tearing up, reading the last five words over and over again. He smiled and took the blue notebook from the box, finding another note written by Taehyung.

I kinda found out that your favourite colour was blue so I made it all blue just for you buddy!

Jimin laughed and looked at his mother who seemed as touched as him. They smiled at each other and then proceeded on eating all the sweets and chocolates in front of their favourite drama, leaving some for Mr Park to eat (he is addicted to chocolates).

When they had eaten all their chocolates, Jimin went to his room to read the notes Jin had taken for him. He began to read and noticed cute little notes written by the other guys here and there, signed, always making him laugh. At the end of the copybook, there was a little note and a cute little sketch that looked like Jimin. ‘Math is a stupid subject if you want my opinion. You probably don’t care about it or about me but it’s okay.’ It was written neatly and Jimin knew that it wasn’t one of his friends’ writing and neither of them knew how to draw. Jimin didn’t know who wrote this but wanted to tell this person that even if math was a stupid subject it was useful and that he liked it. He closed the copybook and went to his bed, trying to get up from his wheelchair to lie down. After struggling for five minutes, he finally made it and stared at the ceiling, his left arm under his head, the other along his body. Jimin thought of falling asleep but his thoughts went to Jungkook. Jimin was tired of thinking about him. He couldn’t seem to think about anything else but Jungkook and it was unnerving him. He had never been so confused by a guy before, no matter if he liked him or not. That was the most confusing thing. Jimin liked Jungkook; he really liked him despite what he’d done to him. And he couldn’t understand why he’d done those things. He hit him once and rescued him twice. He also saved his life by giving Jimin his blood. Jimin wondered how he could thank him for everything he’d done for him because in the end he helped Jimin more than anything. Thinking about how to pay Jungkook back, Jimin fell asleep.

Jimin stayed two more weeks at home, in his wheelchair, still receiving presents every morning and at each end of week, Taehyung came to his home to give him Jin’s notes and play video games. Taehyung asked Jimin what happened to him and when Jimin didn’t tell him, he didn’t try to dig further. He just nodded and kept on playing. One time, Jimin had asked Taehyung about the last note that kept on appearing at the end of each copybook saying that it wasn’t signed or anything. Taehyung replied that he didn’t know who wrote them but that whoever it was, he or she could really draw. 

When Jimin could finally walk without having to be afraid about the stitches to open again, he was surprised to not find Jungkook waiting at the bus stop. His mom had insisted to drive him to school but Jimin had refused saying that he didn’t want to be a burden for her. Actually, he wanted to talk to Jungkook about what had happened at the hospital but he didn’t want to tell his mom. So he climbed on the bus and got down at his stop. It was weird for him to walk alone to school and Jimin wondered if Jungkook felt like that too during the weeks he wasn’t there. As Jimin was about to pass the school’s gates, Yugyeom appeared in front of him.

“Welcome back hyung. How have you been?” he asked and Jimin looked in his eyes. They were burning with something savage and frightening, an emotion that Jimin didn’t know. “I heard that you were hospitalized. Did I hurt you that much? Jungkook ordered everyone in school to give you presents so that you would recover quickly. What have you done to him? I told you that you won’t be able to bring the old him back, didn’t I?” Yugyeom growled, frightening Jimin even more. This time, instead of retreating back and no matter how scared he was, Jimin decided to talk back.

“Shut up Yugyeom. I didn’t do anything to Jungkook. He will come back to his old self by himself because it’s been too long now that he’s been lying to himself and everyone. The only one who won’t be able to do something is you.” Jimin said and he was immediately thrown back, landing on his back, on the ground, almost hurting his head. He propped himself on his forearms and glared at Yugyeom who grabbed him by his collar.

“You can hit me as many times as you want, it won’t stop Jungkook.” Jimin said and Yugyeom hit him repeatedly until he coughed up blood. Yugyeom began to smile in victory but then Jimin laughed.

“Why are you laughing?” he snapped at him.

“Because you’re funny. Not in the good way though. Funny like stupid. You’re so stupid you make me laugh.” Jimin said, standing up.

“I’m not stupid.” Yugyeom said, almost calmly.

“I don’t know why you’re using Jungkook but I’ll find it somehow. And even if I don’t do anything to stop you, he’ll stop you himself because he’ll come back. No matter how much you ruined him already.” Jimin said and passed the gates, leaving Yugyeom in front of the school, too surprised by Jimin’s words to even move.

As Jimin entered the cafeteria, Yugyeom’s words came back to him. ‘Jungkook ordered everyone in school to give you presents so that you would recover quickly’ He said. Jimin unconsciously smiled at this and took a doughnut and strawberry milk. He sat for some time in the cafeteria before he heard some loud voices coming closer to the cafeteria. He stood up and went to the main hall only to find his friends.

“Taehyung!” he shouted. Taehyung turned around and his eyes widened at the sight of Jimin. He ran towards him and just before he could hug him, Hoseok stopped him.

“Hoseokie~ I want to hug him!” Taehyung whined.

“He just recovered Tae. You’ll be able to hug him in some days when we’ll be sure the stitches are healed.” Hoseok said.

“How do you know that I got surgery?” Jimin asked.

“Jungkook told us. He didn’t tell us what happened though. But why was he with you?” Jin butted in.

“It’s a bit complicated. I can’t tell you.” Jimin said, continuing on walking to class. Everyone followed him.

“Don’t you trust us?” Taehyung asked.

“It’s not about trusting you or not Tae. I just can’t.” Jimin sighed.

“Why?” Tae asked again.

“I think that it’s not your business Taehyung. Leave Jimin alone. If he doesn’t want to talk about it, he won’t talk about it. Don’t bug him to.” Yoongi answered before Jimin could. Jimin thanked him by smiling softly at him and he nodded. They arrived in the classroom and sat in their own chair. Jimin took out the notes Jin had taken for him and opened it at the last page, staring at the sketch. Namjoon came to sit in front of him.

“It’s quite well drawn, isn’t it?” he asked. Jimin nodded. “Do you wanna know who drew it?” Jimin looked at Namjoon expectantly and nodded again.

“Do you know who it is? Are you sure?” Namjoon nodded.

“Yes. It’s Jungkook.” Jimin stared at him for some seconds, the information still registering in his head. Jimin didn’t know if he should be happy or not. But one thing was sure, he was confused.

“What? How…” he began.

“Every Friday we have a break in the afternoon, right? At this time, during the three weeks you weren’t here, Jungkook would come in the classroom and open the last page, writing something with a little sketch beside it. He knew that it was for you because Taehyung couldn’t stop talking about it saying that you’ll be so happy to find it in front of your house.” Jimin looked down at the little sketch and let his fingers graze upon it. He would have liked to smile but he couldn’t because of his encounter with Yugyeom earlier.

“Jin and I saw you with Yugyeom. You’re right about Jungkook. Look, Jungkook gave us that,” Namjoon took an ointment from his pocket, the same that Jungkook had given his mother “saying that you’ll need this. You better apply it now before your cheek bruises or Taehyung won’t stay so calm about it.” He finished and before he could get back to his place, Jimin grabbed him.

“Why didn’t you do anything about Yugyeom and me earlier?” he asked.

“Would you have liked for us to do something?” Jimin shook his head. “Jin wanted to but I prevented him from doing anything. I know that you’re brave Jimin and that’s your and Jungkook’s fight. We can’t do anything, no matter how much we want to.” Namjoon replied and smiled. Jimin nodded and began to apply the ointment on his right cheek, carefully.

Just when he was done, the other students came, all asking Jimin if he was alright now and if he ate the sweets and chocolates they had sent. Jimin thanked everyone and about five minutes later, the teacher came and the first class began.

At lunch, still the same routine but this time he was eating with his friend, squished between Taehyung and Hoseok, sitting opposite of Yoongi. Jimin was eating slowly, without much appetite. He was still confused about the news he got about Jungkook. But what was even more confusing was the fact that Jungkook didn’t come today and that was worrying Jimin. Because no matter how much Jungkook didn’t like school, he always came.

At the end of the day, as Jimin was waiting for the bus to come (now he knew better than to walk home), he looked around him, maybe hoping that Jungkook would pop up from nowhere.

‘Gosh, what is he doing to me? I need to recover from him as well or I won’t be able to live.’


Author's Note :

Hi ! Here is the ninth chapter^^

I suppose that some of you were waiting for the following of the last scene in the previous chapter but I couldn't just give it to you like that! Somethings must stay secret for some time because where is the fun if I tell you everything right away? ;-)

Well, the next chapter will be a little longer and some questions will be answered (I hope so)... I'm excited to update it but you'll have to wait for it ^.^

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and that maybe you're expecting the next one!

You can leave comments on what you think will happen or what you want to happen^^ If you haven't subscribed yet and that you like that story, you can subscribe :-D

#JiKook4Ever#

<3 Love BTS <3

P.S :

BTS WON THE AWARD OF THE BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR OMG I'M SO HAPPY FOR THEM !!!!!! I CRIED ALONG WITH THEM, I COULDN'T STOP CRYING OMG THEY DESERVE ALL THE BEST♥♥♥