Secret

Why Don't You Leave Me Alone ?

Jungkook POV

When I went to school the next morning, I purposely went early. I decided that it would be better because I supposed that Jimin would go back to his normal schedule. However, what I didn’t expect was to find him, once again, at the bus stop. Before we could talk, the bus arrived and I saw him stood up, hissing and walking with difficulty to climb on the bus. I followed him inside and we took our usual seats in the almost empty bus. I was seating in front of him and heard some rummaging coming from behind me with small pained whimpers. I turned around to see him clutching at his sides with one hand, the other trying to grab something in his bag.

“What do you want Jimin?” I asked him.

“B-book…” he painfully whined. I grabbed his bag and took a small book out of it. When I handed it to him, he looked at me with a pained and angry expression and took it. He didn’t thank me and opened the book, not paying attention to me anymore. I turned back and thought for a long time why he was acting like that around me today. As we reached our stop, I was still left with no answer and when he hissed again as he got up from his seat, something came to my mind. ‘Maybe he’s still in pain after the beating?’ I was feeling very guilty for having beaten him so hard and as we were walking towards the school, he tried to put his bag on his shoulder, only letting a pained scream. I reached him and took his bag from his hand looking at him.

“What happened to you?” I asked.

“Give me my bag.” He replied.

“What happened?” I repeated.

“Give me my bag Jeon Jungkook.” He darkly said.

“No Park Jimin. You’re hurt and you can’t carry your bag so I’m gonna carry it on your behalf. Now, tell me what the hell happened that got you in that state.” I said, beginning to walk. He sighed deeply and began to follow me.

“I was out yesterday evening and I fell, injuring my arm.” He slowly said.

“And what happened to your ribs?” I asked.  

“Nothing. You hit me quite hard if you don’t remember and I’m still in pain.” He coldly answered. I looked at him and saw that he looked at me with more hatred than yesterday. I stopped to look at him and he stopped too.

“Why are you stopping?” he asked, rolling his eyes. I stared at him for a few seconds.

“You, Park Jimin, are lying. I did hit you quite hard and I apologized for that. But the ointment that my mom gave you is a special one which helps to lessen the pain and bruises. So, for having used this one day, I know you’re lying. I understand that you can’t trust me but if someone bullied you yesterday, I can get rid of him for you. I have such a power.” I explained. He looked at me and laughed.

“Are you serious? You bullied me and now you want to protect me?” he said.

“Yes. I want to protect you.” I replied and he looked at me with the cutest shocked expression in the world. “And yesterday I had something to tell you but I couldn’t because of stupid Min Yoongi. First, don’t trust him. Second, don’t trust Kim Yura too. She’ll only give you bad luck. Third, you need to listen to me. I already dealt with them for you in the past so please, believe me.” I walked some more and turned to him who wasn’t following. “Aren’t you following?” I said and he walked up to me. I turned to keep on walking but he grabbed my shoulder and made me turn so I was looking at him. His gaze was full of something I couldn’t decipher but it wasn’t hatred anymore and I kinda felt relieved. He got closer to me.

“Jeon Jungkook, you…” he began. I was ready to hear anything by now and he surprised me once again. “You are such a brave boy.” He said and smiled at me with the same bright smile he had given Kim Taehyung yesterday. I returned his smile and we continued to walk to school, passing the gates and going straight to the classroom.

We went to our respective seats and before he could complain about his bag once again, I placed it on his table so he wouldn’t need to bend down to take it from the floor. He smiled at me and I sat down, taking my phone out. I saw that Yugyeom had sent me a text.

Jungkook-ah, how are you? I wanted to tell you that I didn’t see Jimin yesterday so I couldn’t relay your message to him. Sorry buddy.

 I suddenly remembered that and as I typed the reply, I froze. Was it Yugyeom? Did he hit Jimin again?

Yugyeom-ah, I saw Jimin today, I think he was beaten up yesterday, have you heard something?

He immediately replied.

Oh, really? No I didn’t hear anything like that.

I smelled something fishy. Yugyeom knew every single thing that happened at school, even if it didn’t involve someone he knew. I looked at Jimin who was reading his book and put my phone in my pocket.

“Jimin hyung.” I said and he looked at me. “Can I ask you something?” Jimin nodded. “Have you seen Yugyeom yesterday?”

“No. Why?” he replied too fast for it to be true.

“Hyung, you need to tell me the truth. Have you seen Yugyeom yesterday after class?” I asked again, dead serious. He hesitated before nodding.

“He said that he had a message for me from you. I waited for him to tell me what it was but then he said he forgot. So I was planning on going my way when he threw me on the ground and began to kick the out of me.” He explained with the same look of hatred he had earlier.

“He beat you without giving any reason?” Jimin nodded. “Hyung, listen. Yugyeom is a very important person in school, you must never, I say never mess with him. If he ever approaches you, you must tell me, okay?” He stared at me without saying anything. “Okay?” He still looked at me and nodded slowly. “The message wasn’t to beat you up. I wanted to tell you what I told you earlier about Yura and Yoongi.” I said and he nodded once more before focusing on reading his book.

We stayed silent for about fifteen minutes when Kim Namjoon entered the classroom followed by his friends. I glared at Min Yoongi and took out my earphones to listen to some music. I saw Jimin waving at Kim Taehyung and the latter came his way to probably talk with him, dragging Jung Hoseok behind him, as always. He sat in front of Jimin and began talking about something I couldn’t hear because of the volume of the music I was listening to. Then, Min Yoongi came in front of me, hit my table, making me look at him. I took my earphones out and waited for him to talk.

“What have you done to Jimin?” he asked.

“Nothing.” I answered.

“Don’t lie. I can see that he was beaten up once more by the way he is holding his sides. What have you done?” Yoongi leaned down, looking straight in my eyes.

“I said that I haven’t done anything. I’m not the one who gave him new bruises. It was Yugyeom. And before you begin to say some bull again, I didn’t ordered him to do it, he acted on his own.” I explained, glaring at him. He turned to Jimin for confirmation and the latter nodded. Yoongi sighed in annoyance and went back to his seat. I was about to put my earphones back in my ears when the other students came in.

At lunch, Yugyeom and the others had a test so they wouldn’t eat with me. I was sitting alone when I saw a tray of food being placed in front of me. I raised my head to see none other than Park Jimin sitting in front of me.

“What are you doing?” I asked him.

“Sitting with you.” He replied.

“I see that. Why?”

“I’m sorry.” He said. I was confused right now.

“Can you explain yourself?”

“I know what happened to you in the past. I judged you without knowing anything about you and I feel sorry for that. So I’m apologizing.” He explained.

As he was talking, I felt a warm feeling embracing my whole body and my stomach felt weird, as well as my heart.

“I’m kind of embarrassed that you know that. You must be thinking that there is no logic in what I’m doing, right?” I said, avoiding his eyes.

“I was at first. But I thought about it and even if there are some things I don’t quite understand, I get what you wanna do. And I think you’re very brave Jeon Jungkook. You’re a great kid even if there are so much people who don’t know it.” He said and I looked at him. His eyes were sparkling with something close to admiration in them and I suddenly felt overwhelmed. I looked down at my plate and began to eat slowly, drowning in food. I suddenly hiccupped.

“Jungkook?” Jimin asked. I looked at him and something cold touched my hand. I looked at my hand to see water. I looked at the ceiling, searching for a leak but there was nothing. A drop of water fell on my hand again and when I looked at Jimin, he reached his hand to my left cheek, wiping it. It’s been so long since the last time I cried wholeheartedly, I didn’t realise I was until Jimin wiped my tears.

“Let’s go out Jungkook.” He said and took my hand, making me stand up and dragging me to the school’s playing field. We sat on the steps around the soccer field.

“Breathe. Stop crying, you don’t want anyone to see you like that, do you?” he said and I shook my head. I looked at him and then at the school’s building before seeing someone looking out of the window. Yugyeom. My eyes widened and as Jimin was going to turn around to look I stopped him.

“Jimin hyung. Yugyeom is looking at us. Now, I’ll stand up and walk away. Don’t move.” I said and stood up, going back to the cafeteria. When I was out of Yugyeom’s sight, I looked at Jimin and waved at him to come now. He casually stood up and came my way. I grabbed his arm and began to run to the nearest restroom. I made us enter a stall and locked the door.

“What are we doing here Jungkook?” Jimin asked.

“Shh hyung. Sit down and bring your feet up.” I whispered. He did as he was told and at this moment, someone entered the bathroom.

“Jungkook?” It was Wonshik. “Are you in here?” Jimin looked at me, obviously scared.

“U-uh, yeah. Why?” I asked, looking straight in Jimin’s eyes, trying to calm with my eyes only.

“Are you alright?” he suspiciously asked.

“Of course. Can you let me do my business?”

“Oh, yeah. I have to go back I’m taking a test right now. See you later.” He said and went out of the toilets.

I sighed in relief as Jimin brought his feet down.

“What the hell was that?!” he whisper-shouted at me.

“Yugyeom sent Wonshik to check on me. He saw me with you so he was wondering what happened. Wonshik is probably going to check on you later. Be prepared. If he asks you what you were doing with me at lunch, just tell him that I had something to tell you since Yugyeom couldn’t relay the message yesterday. Okay?” he seemed to hesitate. I grabbed his shoulders. “Hyung, you need to trust me. Trust me Jimin.” Something flashed in his eyes and he nodded. “I’ll protect you as much as I can hyung. It’ll be our little secret, okay?”

“Okay Jungkook. I’ll trust you from now on.” He said and we smiled at each other.


Author's Note :

As promised, here is the sixth chapter !

Jimin and Jungkook are growing closer and closer to each other, will it stay like that?

Yugyeom is weird, don't you think? What does he want?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to leave some comments or subscribe if you like it ;-)

See you next time !

#JiKook4Ever#

<3 Love BTS <3