Let Me Help You

Why Don't You Leave Me Alone ?

Jimin POV

˹Where am I? It’s so dark in here; I can nearly see anything…

I turn around and I’m met with Yugyeom who immediately starts to strangle me. I try to get out of his grip, to breathe but I can’t, his hands are clenching even tighter around my throat and my first thought is Jungkook. I began to scream Jungkook’s name in my head.

Jungkook! Jungkook! Help me please! Jungkook! ˼

I’m suddenly pulled out of my sleep by Jungkook who is shaking me quite harshly. I try to breathe but I can’t, my surroundings are blurry besides Jungkook’s face. He’s looking at me with fear and concern.

“J-Jung-kook…” I tried to say something but couldn’t breathe properly.

“It’s okay Jimin, I’m here. Breathe, it was just a nightmare.” He softly told me and took my head in his hands, his eyes growing big. “Gosh, Jimin you’re burning! Let me go get your mom.” He said and went out of the room, running. He came back some moments later with my mom. I was apparently having a very high fever so she told him to go get some towels and water to cool down my body. She then told him to go call my dad to tell him we were getting to the hospital. It must be very serious if we’re even going to my dad’s hospital. As Jungkook is gone, my mom leans to me.

“It’s okay Jimin, it’s maybe nothing serious but we can’t be too sure. Don’t worry, it will all be alright.” She said and began to dress me. When I was fully dressed, Jungkook came back, saying that he told everything to my dad. He then lifted me up and brought me to my mom’s car. He wasn’t getting on and my mom urged him to. He sat beside me on the back seat and I grabbed his hand, putting my head on his shoulder, relaxing. It was great to know that he was the one helping me in real life and in my dreams. I felt like I could always rely on him and I couldn’t feel more secure.

 

Author POV

When they arrived at the hospital, Jimin’s dad was waiting for them in front of the A&E entrance with a stretcher and a nurse.

Jungkook carried Jimin to the stretcher and softly made him lay down on it. Jimin’s dad looked at him strangely and ordered the nurse to take Jimin inside as his wife was coming to him. They followed the nurse and when Mrs Park saw that Jungkook wasn’t following, she stopped and approached him.

“Jungkook, he’s gonna be okay. Don’t worry.” She said to Jungkook, caressing his cheek.

He sniffed and hiccupped.

“Mrs Park… What is happening to him? I feel like it’s my fault.” Jungkook said, looking down and then back at Mrs Park.

“I don’t know what happened to Jimin but I know that it isn’t your fault.” She softly said and her husband came behind her.

“Who is this young boy?” Mr Park asked.

“He is Jimin’s frie-” Mrs Park began.

“No. I’m not his friend. I’m bullying him at school.” Jungkook cut.

“What?” Mr park asked, confused.

“Jungkook don’t say that. You know it isn’t true. You bullied him one time but the other times it wasn’t you.” Mrs Park said.

“If you didn’t come to Seoul, he would have never met me and he wouldn’t have been bullied by anyone, no matter if it’s me or not. I can’t bear to see him in pain.” Jungkook almost whispered and tears began to fall down his cheeks.

“Hey, umm… Jungkook?” Mr Park began and Jungkook looked up at him. “I don’t know what happened with you and my son but he would have ended up being bullied anyway.” He said and Jungkook looked at him curiously.

“Jungkook, you remember I told you that something happened to Jimin in middle school?” Jungkook nodded. “Jimin discovered that he was gay. He came out to us but someone discovered it too and told the whole school. Jimin lost all of his friends because of that. He was being looked at by everyone and even the teachers rejected him. That’s why we decided to come up to Seoul. I’m sure that even if we hadn’t decided this, he would have been bullied at some point.” Mrs Park explained and Jungkook was totally dumbfounded. Not even in his wildest dreams he could have imagined that Jimin was gay. He was so cute and soft and handsome, every girl was head over heels for him. Even Yura! And then, it hit Jungkook.

“I feel so embarrassed…” he said, burying his head in his hands. Mrs Park laughed out loud.

“About what you told me earlier? It’s okay. I kinda knew that you liked Jimin. You were so awkward around him.” She said and lightly hugged Jungkook.

“Honey, could you explain please?” Mr Park asked his wife.

“Later honey, later. We should go check on Jimin now.” She answered and dragged Jungkook behind her. They were guided to a bed surrounded by curtains. Mr Park entered first followed by his wife.

 

Jimin POV

I think I lost consciousness for a bit. The last thing I remember is Jungkook’s arms softly lifting me up and making me lay down on some kind of a bed. When I woke up, I was here, staring at the white ceiling, surrounded by the smell of disinfectant that I hate so much in hospitals. My parents entered.

“Son, how are you feeling?” Dad asked me.

“Alright I think… Do I still have fever?” I asked. Mom placed his hand on my forehead.

“A little bit. I think you’ll stay in the hospital for this night.” She answered.

“Where is Jungkook?”

“He is waiting behind the curtains. Do you want to see him?” Mom asked me. I shook my head.

“Not right now. Maybe later. He must be tired. Tell him I’ll see him when he’ll be less tired.” I replied and mom smiled before getting out. Dad stayed and looked at me.

“Jimin, do you like that boy?” he asked.

“Why do you ask?”

“Because he seems to be more than interested in you. He seems like a good boy despite what he’d done to you.” He replied.

“He is. But I don’t think he likes me in that particular way. He doesn’t seem gay at all.” I said.

“Like you do. I never thought that my son would be gay. But I accept it because you’re happy like that. You need to be yourself.” I shrugged and he kissed my forehead before going out.

I spent the whole night thinking and dreaming about Jungkook being gay and it really was one of the most peaceful nights I had since a long time ago.

 

 Author POV

“He’ll see you later. He wants both of you to rest for a bit and then he’ll talk to you. I bet you have many things to tell each other.” Mrs Park said as her husband was coming out from behind the curtain.

“Okay. I understand. I will sleep a bit and then go to see him. Thank you for telling me.” Jungkook said and bowed to Mrs Park. A doctor suddenly came to them, bowing in front of Mr Park.

“Doctor Park, I have something to tell you about your son.” He said, serious. “We did a scanner and found out that he has an internal haemorrhage around the stomach. He must undergo surgery as soon as possible or the bleeding could worsen.” He explained.

“I understand that but where will we find a blood donor right now? It could take hours even days!”

“Excuse me…” Jungkook began and both doctors looked at him. “Is by any chance Jimin’s blood type A?”

“Yes. Why?” Jimin’s dad asked.

“Well, I happen to be type A too. I wouldn’t mind giving my blood to him. If it’s okay.” Jungkook said.

“Are you serious? It could really save the life of Doctor Park’s son. But we’ll be taking a lot of blood. It can be a bit risky since you’re so young. Are you willing to take the risk?” the other Doctor asked.

“Anything for Jimin.” Jungkook said, looking straight in Mr Park’s eyes. The latter looked some seconds at the young boy and nodded.

“Okay. Come with me please.” The other doctor said. Jungkook followed him quietly. They entered a little room. The doctor (now known as Dr Choi to Jungkook) verified Jungkook’s blood pressure and after making sure that it wasn’t too low, he once more asked if Jungkook was sure about giving his blood. He nodded firmly and Dr Choi began to take his blood. After about one hour, he had collected two litres of Jungkook’s blood. Just after giving Jungkook a chocolate bar, he called to book an operating room. He went with Jungkook to meet Mr Park to tell him that his son will undergo surgery right now and asked Mrs Park to take care of Jungkook. The couple nodded and as Mr Park followed Dr Choi, Mrs Park made Jungkook sit down on one of the seat that was in the A&E entrance.

“Are you okay Jungkook?” she asked.

“I’m feeling a bit dizzy but I’m quite alright. I did it for Jimin so I need to be okay.” Jungkook mumbled, still eating his chocolate bar.

“He will be alright thanks to you Jungkook. I will call your mom in the morning to tell her what happened. You need to sleep now. Let’s go back home.” Mrs Park said.

“No. I will sleep here. If Jimin hyung isn’t going back home, I’m not either. You can go back if you want but I’ll stay here.” Jungkook said and Mrs Park smiled.

“Okay. Let’s stay together.” She said and allowed herself to be comfortable in her seat.

They woke up some hours later thanks to Mr Park who came with good news.

“The surgery went well. They were able to stop the haemorrhage and I don’t think there will be any other problems. He’ll have to stay in bed for some weeks to be able to recover fully.” He explained and Jungkook nodded slowly.

“Can I see him now?” he timidly asked. Mr Park smiled and nodded, gesturing at Jungkook to follow him. They arrived in front of a room and Mr Park put his hand on Jungkook’s shoulder before going back to his wife. Jungkook grabbed the door knob and breathed deeply before entering the room. The whole room was white except for the floor which was a strange tint of grey. He looked at the bed and saw Jimin laying there, looking at Jungkook a bit surprised. He thought that his mother would come see him first but he wasn’t disappointed about seeing Jungkook coming to check on him. He gave him a small smile that Jungkook returned.

“Hey… How are you feeling?” he quietly asked, approaching Jimin’s bed and standing on the very end.

“Alright. Maybe a bit dizzy. You?”

“Same. A bit tired though. I hope you don’t mind what I’ve done.” Jungkook said.

“What are you talking about?” Jimin asked, curious and worried about Jungkook’s words. What has he done?

“You don’t know? Didn’t your father tell you?” Jimin shook his head. “I gave my blood so they could perform surgery on you.” Jungkook said, looking straight in Jimin’s eyes.

“You gave me your blood?!” Jimin shouted in surprise.

Jungkook looked away, getting ready to hear any insult coming from Jimin. He was already picturing himself going home alone, being in his room, alone and thinking about how to disappear from the face of the Earth. He was so deep in thoughts, already having a plan to never appear in front of Jimin ever again, when he heard the said boy’s soft voice calling his name.

“Jungkook-ah come here.” He said and Jungkook couldn’t move for some seconds. Jimin called his name again and Jungkook looked at him. He had no expression on his face so he warily came to Jimin’s side, expecting to be hit or something. Jimin patted a spot on the edge of the bed, asking Jungkook to sit. The latter sit and Jimin took his hand, pulling him close and hugging him tightly. Jungkook was so surprised he was frozen there and when he finally came back to his senses, he couldn’t dare hug Jimin back. The latter was Jungkook’s soft brown hair and was whispering ‘Thank you’ non-stop in his ear. Jungkook was overwhelmed by Jimin’s genuine gratefulness he was having a hard time holding back his tears so he detached himself from his hyung. He stood up and looked at Jimin who had teary eyes.

“I-it was nothing hyung. I thought I could be useful this time so I didn’t hesitate a second.” Jungkook said. “What I’d really like is to know who did that to you.” Jimin sighed.

“Jungkook… I can’t tell you. I don’t want you to be in trouble. He could hurt you.” Jimin explained.

“I don’t care hyung. Your injuries could have been more serious. I don’t want you to come back here again. Tell me.” Jungkook ordered.

“No Jungkook. I won’t tell you. You might be okay getting hurt but I’m not. I don’t want anyone to get hurt but if it is inevitable then I prefer it to be me instead of you. You already suffered so much, I can’t let you take all my pain on you.” Jimin said, turning his head to avoid Jungkook’s pleading look.

“Hyung… Let me help you. Please.”


Author's Note:

Eighth chapter, up!

Hi! How have you all been since the last update? I hope you've been well^^

I have a tiny thing to explain. I don't know many things about medicine but I like the idea of an internal haemorrhage no matter how much this may sound cruel lol  About the fever Jimin had, I didn't explain it because this isn't the most important thing in the chapter but if you wanna know, the fever is due to the nightmare he had about Yugyeom. He had a little panic attack which made his body temperature raise quickly. I think that's all...^^'

Ah~ Everything is becoming so interesting (for me at least) I'm excited to post the next chapter but we all have to wait... I'm updating my other stories soon so if you subcribed to any of them, you won't have to wait too long anymore^^ (okay, I'll stop promoting lmao but maybe you can give them a try, I made a bet with my sister and my mom... lol) 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter :-D

As always, don't hesitate to comment and subscribe if you haven't already ^.^ 

#JiKook4Ever#

<3 Love BTS <3

P.S: Did you watch some clips from BTS' 3rd Muster? They're all being so cute, I'm dying lol and JiKook is melting my heart ♥