Making Friends?

Don't make me smile.

Narrator:

As Hana walked into the classroom, Myungsoo was rudely awakened by high pitched squealing. He groggily lifted his head up and saw the new student. *Its that girl* He perked up. Glancing up at her again, he then turned away and lay his head back on the desk. 

You:

You awkwardly spend the your classes blankly looking at the board. *wow, I dont get any of this.* You glance at Eun-jeong who is busily painting her nails soft purple. You sigh. Graduating high school was going to be harder than you thought. But now that you had your child hood friend with you, you hoped that fitting in would become easier. 

RRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG^^

You packed up your stuff, giving up on answering the homework questions, and got out of your seat. You turned to Eun-jeong, but she was gone. You fervently look around the class room, your heart sinking when you dont see her. Your eyes alight on a sleeping figure near the window, the sunlight playfully lighting up his hair. 

Eun-jeong reentered the classroom and sees you gazing at Myungsoo and her eyes harden. "Gosh Hana, staring at boys already?" she said loudly. You jumped in shock, just as Myungsoo his side and started looking at you. *He looks familiar* you thought. You were snapped out of your thoughts as Eun-jeong rudely grabbed your arm and dragged you out of the classroom.

"Why were you staring at my Myungsoo oppa?" she asked suspiciously. You waved your hands over your face frantically. "I was just wondering why he was still sleeping that's all." Eun-jeong narrowed her eyes and said "If we are going to stay friends, you need to stay away from him. He is out of your league." She huffed and walked away. 

You remembered that Eun-jeong had always been that way, declaring things or people to be "hers" even from a young age. Shrugging you followed her to the cafeteria. With Eun-jeong's permission you sat at a table, where she grudgingly introduced her friends to you. "This is Hana. Eun-mi, Hara, Juri, and Sora;" they looked up at your second-hand uniform, and makeup free face and giggled. Your cheeks reddened and quickly ate your lunch. Eun-jeong didn't make the slightest effort to include you into their conversations, so you just ate and listened.

"So I was like OMAA GOSH, because he was looking at me; I wouldve so stayed longer, but I had to bring "her" along."

"Ooooh you are so lucky!"

"Did you see them at school today??"

"They were SO H--" Sora took a break and fanned her flushed face.

During this stop in the conversation, Eun-mi curiously looked at you and asked "So where are you from?" Eun-jeong answered for you, "She just came from Seoul, I imagine because of the bullying, you were such a crybaby back then, weren't you?" 

You glanced at her, surprised that she would just share that with everyone. Eunjeong just laughed ands said "What? We're all friends here," as if answering your gaze. You uncomfortably finish your lunch and get up. Eun-jeong cheerily gets up and waves at you. As you wave back, you unknowingly step backwards into somebody. Hard. 

Myungsoo looks down and  you blubber an apology, "Miahnhaeyo! I didn't see you!" You quickly bow and turn to leave but he grabs your arm and whispers "Now we're even."