Acceptance.

Don't make me smile.

You decided to be led into the dorm. It took you a lot to finally accept that you needed to open up to others...and that you might be worthy of their attention and care. It really felt like Sungjong cared, despite not having known you for long. Also...you weren't quite sure what you were getting into by going to live in a dorm with 7 other guys, but it couldn't be worse than with Eunjeong.

"You must be worried about living with 7 other guys, right?" Sungjong asked with a laugh. You looked up in surprise.

"Don't worry, Hana; not all of us actually live here. Some of us have our own homes, and just come here to hang out. Although, now that a cute girl is coming to live here, I expect the attendance to sky-rocket." This elicited a blush to spread across your face, as Sungjong winked at you. 

He punched in the key to the lock, and it opened with a soft click. A whole new world visualized before you. (Key in Aladdin's "A whole new world~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ignore me.) 

Shiny hardwood floors led into a messy living room strewn with food wrappers and an occassional bikini magazine. Sungjong sighed and face-palmed. "Sorry Hana that you had to see this side to hyungs. They aren't usually this messy...I hope." 

He showed you around the flat, pointing out which doors led to which hyung's room and finally at the end of the hallway he opened...hers. 

It was charmingly simple with high quality furniture. You frowned.

Sungjong was nervously standing to the side and asked "Do you dislike it? I know it isn't much and the decor isn't that cute, but we didn't really have time to prepare something, and I didn't know what you liked and and and yeah I'm sorry I messed up..." Before he could go on, you turned to him and said "It's beautiful. It really is. But I really can't afford to pay rent here. This is crazy. I ran away from home, I couldn't stay in Aunt's house, I left Eunjeong, and now I'm here. Nothing makes sense right now."

A voice rang behind her. "This room wasn't and will continue not being used if you don't use it. Leave or stay. It doesn't matter."

You turned to look at the speaker. His height was average, and his hair a dark-chocolate brown. You only glimpsed his strong jaw before he turned around and left.

Upon looking questioningly at Sungjong, he smiled and said "Don't take what he says to heart. That's Hoya, one of the hyungs. He probably is happy that you're staying here. Otherwise he wouldn't have talked to you at all."

"Oh.." you answered thoughtfully.

"Just between us though, Hoya's been through a lot. His family and him aren't on speaking terms; they've unofficially disowned him. He's one of the permanent residents here." Sungjong nodded knowingly.

"What happened with his family...?" You ventured to ask.

He squirmed in sudden discomfort; "You'll find out."

"But for now!" Sungjong jumped up, much to your surprise, and cheered "I'll show you my room!"

You had a feeling it would be a lot of pink. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you continued to tour the flat with Sungjong, he pointed out a very important fact. There were only 3 bathrooms. You made a mental note to be extremely careful when locking the door, lest an accident happen. 

You were starting to feel giddy, as if none of this was real. And indeed, it looked like a fairy tale. A fairy tale where someone like you just didn't belong. A place full of ... Myungsoo?

Myungsoo had just walked into the flat and was looking at you and Sungjong. You raised your eyes and searched for some recognition or response in his face; you found none. He walked past you and entered the door on the right, to what you assumed was his room.

Your heart plummeted. You didn't know why it hurt to be ignored by him, especially when you were so used to being ignored. Stamping that feeling of loneliness down, you hardened your heart and asked Sungjong if it would be alright if you could just lie down and think for a while.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I think I'm getting too greedy. To think that I was expecting some sort of welcome from him. I am a burden after all. I have to make it up to him, and to everyone in this flat. A stranger has just dropped out of nowhere and is now living with them, I wonder how they must feel. I'm sorry.*

With these thoughts, you drifted off into a troubled sleep.