Carrot top

Don't make me smile.

 

Enable Reader Mode A A A A

Orange. Bright orange. 

 

You glumly looked at your reflection. *never thought that I could actually look worse

 

Torn between feelings of anger towards Eun-jeong and feelings of resignation, you were speechless.

 

Eun-jeong was slyly eyeing your reaction and twirling her creamy hazelnut coloured hair around her fingers. And rather than give her the satisfaction of a heated response, you gave a quick controlled "thanks" and shut yourself in your room. 

 

==========================================================

 

You rolled around on your bed in frustration.

 

*It's not like I can just go buy new hair dye, I haven't the job nor the money for it.*

You shook your head to clear those thoughts out.

*Anyways, Im not in a position to care how I look, it isnt as if I was any good before. I hope nobody will notice it...*

 

How very wrong you were, unknowing of tomorrow's plans for you yet.

 

==========================================================

 

"HEY CARROT TOP!" 

 

"What happened to her? She has some nerve coming to school"

 

"Is this an attention gig?"

 

"Pffft, whatta wannabe..."

 

From the minute you stepped inside, the hallways were packed with jeering students, and you could hardly get through.

Honestly your musings of possible bullies were not even close to the full-scale bullying that took place today.

 

You got poked, your hair was pulled, and your books strewn across the floor. 

 

Anxiously you tried to cover your hair with your hands, and when that failed, ran into your classroom.

Even then it didn't stop.

Classmates turned round in interest, and whispered comments -- right in front of you!

Only one figure in the front, who was currently sleeping was unaware of the situation. You didn't know why but you really didn't want Myungsoo to see you, especially like this. You had never thought you were pretty or even average-looking but this was absolutely ridiculous. 

 

You doubted you could go back to school again. 

 

Myungsoo rolled his head over and stood up. Silence took over the class, and you took this as your chance to bolt out. 

You didn't get far. 

 

"CARROT TOP, where you going?" A group of guys intercepted you, and grinned maliciously.

The middle one spoke. "GNAWWW, guys, we're nice right? What kind of guy would let her humiliate herself like this? We'll help you with that colour.."

 

He nodded his head, and the guys started pelting chalk board erasers at you. You felt like the barrage would never stop, and with white powder in your hair and face you couldn't see a thing. 

 

Someone roughly grabbed you and pulled you out the cloud of smoke, and you blindly followed.

 

==========================================================

You were violently coughing your lungs out and didn't spare your surroundings a look.

*Come to think of it, I don't even know who took me here*

Before you could panic you were pushed into the arms of a ...lady? Honestly with your current vision you could only see a faint blur. 

"Get her cleaned up." 

The lady gently took your arm and led you away to another room. *?????*