Silence.

Don't make me smile.

 

You vowed never to go the art room again.

You absolutely promised yourself. And yet, you could already feel yourself thinking about the morning again and again. Drawn to the paint and canvas and maybe something more.

 

*Kim Myungsoo*; it was hard not to hear of him, especially since Eun-jeong and co. could be heard giggling about him a hallway away.

 At your first impression of him, you hadn't thought he was a kingka. Through your lens you had seen him as brooding and silent.

Quite the opposite of the arrogant image associated with the term "kingka."  But whatever image he had, or whoever he really was, the fan-girls would continue to worship him regardless.

You had long since excused yourself from their lunchly gathering, which mainly consisted of gossip, bashing of other girls, and plans to meet L and infinite. 

You entered your chem class, and sat at the "designated seat" that Eun-jeong had kindly assigned you. It was in the corner of the class opposite the windows and far away from the board. More importantly to Eun-jeong was that your seat was as far away from L's seat as possible. 

As the lesson of the teacher in your chem class got more like mumbles you slowly drifted into your thoughts.

You thought of how everything seemed to go wrong.

 

Family, friends, and life. 

 

It wasn't as if you didn't want to be liked by people, but it had just become a cycle that didn't want to stop.

Ever since you were little, you felt you had been born "unlucky," and unworthy of the mother who didn't want you.

You were always at the sidelines for anything, and in Eun-jeong's shadow everything felt a little darker.

Getting away and going to Seoul hadn't been better, and the inferiority complex grew in the midst of brand clothing, seoul accents, and social conventions.

You didn't know when you started getting really self-conscious about your face and smile. There had been no reason to smile and in comparison to others with bright smiles and bright futures you felt just plain ugly.

It was the physical manifestation of your isolation. Not smiling had become your crutch, and now you couldn't walk without it. 

A voice broke into your thoughts. Abruptly raising your head you answered.

"Yes?"

The class was now staring at you, and Ms. Lee was tapping her foot against the ground in impatience. Out of the corner of your eyes you saw Eun-jeong's scathing look. Immediately, cheeks flaming, you sat back down and apologized with your head down.

*Im wasting my time thinking while I should be planning how to pass high school!*

You tried your best to continue taking notes, but the whispers and jeering glances of the class was distracting you.

 

BANG!

 

A pen had flown towards the chalk board, leaving the class in shocked silence. L strode out of his desk and before leaving turned around.

A single "shut up," rang through the class, accompanied by a slam as the door closed.

 

==============================================================================================================

Sorry for not updating  >< honestly im not sure if people like it or not :( hopefully you can comment on any suggestions^^

 

Thank-you!!!