But why?

Don't make me smile.

You gaped at your reflection, not ready to believe it. Moreover, you were confused. Glancing at Myungsoo, you tried to gauge his reaction. While he had been smiling, he immediately reverted back to an emotionless state when he caught you sneaking looks at him. 

"Myungsoo-ssi...I don't know what to say." 

"Don't. It's better that way." Upon saying this, Myungsoo left the room. 

*...What is that supposed to even mean?? I don't understand his intention. Am I that pitiful to him?* You sighed and crinkled your dress with your fingers in distress. Having checked your watch, you gasped and hurried out of the room, following signs to exit the building. You tried not to spend too much time in awe of the beautiful decor of the building, of what you assumed was a high class spa and salon. You had no time for this. Eunjeong would be wondering where you were after all. 

At this thought, you stopped in your tracks. *Do I really want to go back there? Do I have to pay for my living there in humiliation.* Despite your new look, a tear escaped and trailed down your face. You felt dirty and used after recalling the morning's incident at school.

In fact, you could still feel the lingering taste of chalk in your mouth as a dreadful reminder of what Eunjeong had caused you.

But...you hated confrontation. You were nowhere near ready to talk and face up to Eunjeong. 

CRASH.

While being absorbed in your thoughts you had thoughtlessly - (how paradoxical)- crashed into someone...SUNGJONG!

"Hana! :D" Sungjong yelled in enthusiasm. "Myungsoo had just called me to come pick you up!"

Your eyes rounded. "...Myungsoo-ssi did? Pick me up, why?" 

"You don't really think that WE - as your friends - would let you go back to that hell-hole, especially with that two-faced witch, did you?" You let yourself be dragged by Sungjong into his car. The car took you both to a large condo, with the sign "Sky Towers" on it. 

"Look, Hana, this building here?" He gestured with his hands excitedly. "All Myungsoo's. I know right!! It gets better in the inside. You're probably wondering why we're here right?? Well this is basically where our group of friends crash and hang out. There are eight rooms. One for each of us, and one for you!" 

"...wait...what???" You didn't understand what he was saying. 

Sungjong gave you a look. "Hana...what don't you get?" He continued to talk, all the while gesticulating the building and getting louder and louder.

"First things first. You lost your home...and your Aunt. You try to take responsibility for everything and ended up with Heejoo. That's admirable and all, but you're only 17 Hana."

"Secondly, we are friends." He said simply, raising his shoulders as if waiting for you to deny friendship...or something.

You couldn't help it, your eyes watered. "I'm not all responsible as you say I am...I left my father. And I was jealous of Heejoo. Having been accepted into a family that barely even knew her while I watched on the sidelines." It took a lot of courage to finally voice those thoughts. And you cringed as you imagined Sungjong's disgusted face.

Instead, he just squeezed your hand and led you into the building.