Missing You

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been weeks since her last encounter with Dara. Chaerin’s back in Seoul for a while now to check some of their companies’ operations. Jennie and Mino won’t stop annoying her until she finally prioritizes everything. She knows that her friends were just doing that to distract her from Jiyong and it is actually working. But what she can’t keep off of her mind right now is Dara.

“We’re here, Miss Lee.” Mino said as the car came into a halt.

“I told you to just call me comfortably when we’re alone.” She reminded him.

“But it is work related, Miss. So I must speak to you formally.”

“But referring me as your ‘noona’ is formal too.” Chaerin muttered as she got out from the car and said, “Have your week off, Mino-yah. Tell Jennie to pick me up later.”

Chaerin chuckled on how the young man stifled his laugh. They both know that Jennie will whine as soon as she hears it. It’s not been a while since she allowed her to take a break and work on her current blog. She snorted and said, “Geez. You don’t have to hold back your laugh.”

Mino bowed and said, “I will tell Miss Kim to pick you up as soon as I reach her. Have a nice day, Miss Lee.”

“Good luck speaking to her.” Chaerin patted his back lightly and went inside the café where she will meet someone for business.

The moment she set foot to the café, her eyes searched for someone who she thinks has possessed the best eye smile in the world. She found that girl sitting alone in the corner, but she’s kind of different from her usual energetic self. It’s been a while since Chaerin has seen Tiffany, and she’s not used seeing that serious face of hers unless she’s solving an Accounting problem.

Chaerin sighed and decided to approach Tiffany. She sat down on the chair across her and said, “I heard about your wedding. I’m sorry for that.”

“Oh, Faith!” Tiffany smiled at her. She’s smiling yet Chaerin feels like there’s still something wrong. “It’s been already three years, Faith. It’s okay. I already moved on with that.”

“Your eyes say differently, Tiff. What is it?” Chaerin asked in concern. An attendant arrived at their table and placed their orders: two coffee Americano and 2 slices of strawberry shortcakes. Chaerin smiled at the thought that Tiffany still remembers her favorite café snacks since they were in college.

“When did we become friends again, Faith?” Tiffany asked her out of the blue.

Chaerin and said, “Oh, please. We’re not friends. I just helped you in your Cost Accounting and Financial Management classes before. We always compete in the class during our college days, remember? Plus you already have your circle of friends and your best friend. What’s her name again, Kim Taeyeon?”

“We’re still friends, Faith. We’re just dormant friends just like dormant partners in Partnership Accounting.” There was sincerity when Tiffany said those words to her.

Chaerin waved her hand in dismissal and said, “Oh, please. Let’s stop reminiscing about our Accounting subjects, Tiff. It really gives me stress.” “So, how are you and your best friend? She’s in the field of medicine, right? Did she become a doctor?”

Chaerin noticed how Tiffany suddenly avoided her gaze and stared at the view outside when she mentioned the name of Tiffany’s best friend. She furrowed her eyebrows and asked herself if there’s something wrong about what she had just said then Tiffany spoke.

“Have you been in love with your best friend?” Tiffany said in a quiet expression then chuckled, “I’m sorry. Of course, you did. You and Jiyong are in a relationship.”

“Were.” Chaerin corrected and smiled to herself as she’s finally getting used to it. Then she glanced at Tiffany and paid attention to what she has just said, “Wait, don’t tell me… you’re in love with your best friend?” she looked at Tiffany and thinks thoroughly about it, “You’re in love with your best friend and she’s the reason why the wedding didn’t happen. But what’s the problem?”

“You’re not surprised at all that I am in love with my best friend, a girl?” Tiffany asked in daze.

Chaerin saw the amazement on the other girl’s eyes as her reaction towards her revelation was just normal. Chaerin is also amazed at herself. If it was the old her, she might feel revolted, but the Chaerin that she is right now is not feeling like that. She heaved a long sigh and said, “I know it’s hard to believe but, I think I understand you, Tiff.”

Tiffany took a mouthful of the strawberry cake in front of the table and sips her iced coffee afterwards. “Let’s just talk about business, Faith.”

-

Dara thinks she needs a break from work so she booked a flight back to her second home. Her agency also informed her that a local clothing brand requested her and Mario to be a part of their clothing ambassadors along with Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Sean O’Pry and other well-known models so she didn’t hesitate to decline the offer.

Dara really planned to visit Philippines this week with or without the offer of being the clothing ambassador of one of the famous local brands there. It's been her second home. It is where she grew up, where she encountered many of her firsts in life.

As soon as she arrived at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, people are already gathered in the waiting area to welcome her.

"Sandara Park! We love you!" her fans screamed in joy.

Dara smiled and waved her hand enthusiastically to her fans as she passed along them. She remembered how these people paved the way for her to become a well-known celebrity. That even though she's not a citizen of the country, people still loves and supports her.

"I guess you're really famous here, Sandy." A familiar voice said to her the moment she entered the car prepared for her.

"Oh? I thought your flight is still next week. How?" she asked in surprise.

Mario shrugged and said, "The last time I came here with you, you promised me that you'll tour me around."

"Ah, right." Dara nodded as she remembered that promise.

"So, where are we going?" Mario grinned to her excitedly.

"I still have an interview to attend." Dara gave him an apologetic smile.

"Ah. Really?" Mario said in an upset manner.

Dara wanted to accompany her best friend but she’s just really busy today. Then an idea came into her mind. She grinned at him and said, "Perhaps, do you want to join me? I know you have fans here too."

Mario grinned as he liked her idea and nodded.

"We see that you're with the Thai heartthrob. If we may ask, are you in a relationship right now Sandara?" The television host teased Dara as soon as their interview begun. This question made their fans among the crowd squeal. 

Dara made a nervous kind of laugh and said,"Mario and I are best friends. People around us always mistook us as a couple. Do we look that good together?" she leaned closer to Mario’s side and made a V-pose.

Mario smiled and agreed to her as he made a response. "We're just friends. Don't worry. If we'll be more than that, you're the first person to know."

The host nodded in their answer and moved to the question. He looked at his cue card and asked, "So, the both of you are in the country to promote Penshoppe. Am I right?"

"Yes." Both of them answered in chorus.

"Anything you want to say to your fans?" The television host asked.

"Hello, this is Sandara! Kumusta kayo?" she introduced herself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter