Stressed

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been four days since Dara left for Thailand. While her girlfriend is on an overseas work, Chaerin decided to concentrate on her responsibilities as the CEO of ChaeJi. Besides, Dara didn’t allow her to go after her in Thailand when she suggested that she’ll come and see her. Dara said that she doesn’t want to be a burden to her so she just listened to her girlfriend’s words.

Chaerin knows that she and Dara have just started their relationship, but she can’t help to feel thankful on having someone like her. They both know that the kind of setup that they’re having is quite stressful, but still they managed to make their relationship work. Even they’re both busy with their schedules, they assure that they could still have time for each other.

Ttoki

                                                                                                                                                Hey beautiful
11:30am

Hey gorgeous
11:30am

                                                                                                                How’s work? Have you eaten your lunch already?
11:32am

Just finished work. It’s still 9am here.
11:32am

How about you?
11:32am

Fine, quite busy. I’ll just eat later.
11:34am

Don’t starve yourself. Eat after that.
11:35am

I miss you Chaerinnie ㅠㅠ
11:35am

I’m missing you more.
11:37am

Please come back soon. Okay? I love you
11:37am

I love you too!
11:38am

Chaerin smiled after seeing her girlfriend’s reply to her message. She puts her phone down and started doing her audit again. She was busy doing her paper works until Jiyong comes inside her office.

The moment she sees Jiyong, Chaerin automatically told herself to not entertain the thoughts of what ifs in her mind again. She reminded herself to let bygones be bygones, that their breakup is the best for the both of them. Jiyong is one of the most important people in her life and she’s glad that they’ve at least saved their friendship. Chaerin just thinks that Jiyong will be able to find someone who’s best for him that could love him more than she has loved him.

“What is it?” Chaerin asked casually.

Jiyong sits down on the solitary couch placed in front of Chaerin’s office desk and said, “Just checking if you’re doing fine.”

Chaerin looked at him intently. She does not believe that he has no other reason to visit her at her office so she asked, “And?”

“It’s a surprise that I still see you here at this time. Don’t you have any schedule with your girlfriend today?” Jiyong asked her casually. There’s no hint of insecurity or jealousness when he asked Chaerin that question.

Chaerin doesn’t know but she’s quite disappointed that Jiyong’s not pestering her since that day when he cried at her. She felt strange that he’s not pushing himself to her anymore.

 “She’s in Bangkok, Ji.” She briefly responded.

“Oh. With her guy best friend?” Jiyong told her in a skeptical tone.

She puts down the pen in her hand and heaved a sigh. She locked gaze at Jiyong and said, “Well, my best friend is a guy too and I think he’s totally harmless. I’ll just give Maurer the benefit of the doubt.”

Jiyong just shook his head and said, “Not all guys are the same, Chae.”

“What are you insinuating, then? That Mario Maurer has his ulterior motives with my girlfriend?” Chaerin asked him in a sarcastic tone.

 He just shrugged his shoulder and replied, “I haven’t even said anything yet.”

It crossed Chaerin’s mind that Jiyong might not be trying to push himself to her anymore but he’s trying to make her doubt her girlfriend. “Well, I know what you are trying to do, Ji. It won’t work.”

“Okay, if you say so.” Jiyong nonchalantly said. He stands up from the couch and turned his heel, starting to walk away from her office.

Chaerin was surprised that Jiyong will just leave her room without asking her for lunch. She somehow finds it strange. Jiyong usually asks her out to eat when they’re in times like this, just like the old days.

Before Jiyong can step out from the door, Chaerin managed to ask. “Where are you going?”

He turned around and looked at her skeptically. “Having my lunch? It’s already lunch break, you know.”

“Don’t you have any meetings for today?” she asked him quizzically.

Unlike before, she doesn’t see now on how Jiyong works as the COO/Vice Chairman of the company. They used to work together, as a team. Since they’ve broken up, everything has changed. He started working on his own, and he only asks her help when things go crucial.

Jiyong went back to the solitary couch across Chaerin. He set aside their personal lives first and started to discuss and update Chaerin about one of their subsidiaries. “I just finished one this morning with YG Entertainment. Don’t you think we already need to change the management operating that company?”

“Why? Is President Yang and his brother not doing their job properly?” She asked as she leaned on her office chair’s backrest indicating that the subject matter piqued her interest.

“Well, I don’t know. The new girl group is a huge success, but our subsidiary’s well sought and admired artists and legendary girl group has been forced to leave and disband. I’m not even sure if the Yang brothers can still manage the other artists wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter