Love Is You

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week has passed since the day she tried to stop Chaerin from leaving. One week has passed, and yet she hasn't heard anything from Chaerin. One week has already passed, and now she's trying to accept that Chaerin will never be hers.

She feels embarrassed for what she have done. She shouldn't have assumed that things will happen the way she wanted them to be. Dara tells herself that she should have been contented being friends with Chaerin. In that way, she could still have a reason to see her.

Dara suddenly glanced at her best friend. After returning from their trip from Palawan, Mario's girlfriend and their group of friends had to go back in Thailand due to their schedules. She was expecting for her best friend to leave with them, but he stayed.

Dara knows how busy his schedule is. She already threatened Mario that if he won't go back to Thailand, he may lose great opportunities. But Mario refused to listen. He stayed and always made sure that she won't mope around like a lovesick puppy.

It's already been an hour since the two of them started hiking. Mario invited him this morning to go on a short trip and visit the overview of Taal Lake and volcano. She's planning to stay all day indoors but he was strangely adamant that she was left no choice but to go with him.

Dara halted from her track and used the long stick that she's holding for support. They should have ridden the horses to quickly arrive at their destination, but Mario was too enthusiastic when he told that she needed exercise.

She takes a seat on the huge rock just beside her and wipes the sweat on her forehead. She looks again at Mario and tiringly said, "I still don't know what crossed your mind and tell your friends that you're still going to stay here. I just hope that Baifern isn't jealous."

Mario takes the water bottle from his backpack and handed it to her. "No, she isn't. She understands why I chose to stay."

She gladly retrieved the water bottle from him and takes a drink. After quenching her thirst, she made her reply. "You should stop worrying about me, Oh."

"Telling me that makes me a useless best friend." He casually told her and extended his hand, motioning her to get up.

Dara takes his hand and let Mario pull her up. She returned the water bottle to him and gives him a dejected look. "Oh, that's not what I meant. You're not useless. You know that I'm thankful in every way that you're my best friend."

He gives her a reassuring smile and said, "Thank you, Sandy. And I'm sorry too."

"It's okay, Oh. Let bygones be bygones. It's in the past. And you being sorry is enough." Dara patted his arm and continued their trail.

 

"I wonder why all of a sudden you asked me to see the overview of Taal Lake." Dara suddenly blurted as they just walked past the signboard saying that they still have to hike another kilometer to arrive the hilltop.

"You told me once that it's the place you go to when you're feeling down."

"That's right. But we should have really ridden the horses. It's much convenient." Dara pointed out.

Mario pretended not to hear his best friend's indirect complaint and uttered, "And you mentioned out of nowhere before that it is the place you want to get your wedding proposal."

Dara quickened her pace to match with his. And when they are finally walking side by side, she curiously asked, "Wait. Don't tell me we're just going there for you to make your fake proposal again?"

He just snorted and shakes his head. When Dara's eyes are still on him, he halted and placed his hands on her shoulders. Mario sincerely looked at her in the eyes and smiled, "No. I wouldn't ever do that again. And Baifern will kill me if I do that."

"Then why are we---"

"You'll know when we get there." He said and started walking again.

Ten minutes has already passed and Dara could already see the lake from her side. A few more steps and they'll finally reach their destination. Before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter