Best Friends

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment Chaerin answered the call, it seemed like there’s no one on the other line or the person from the other line wants her to speak first to make sure that they made the right call. Either way, Chaerin talked first, “Hello?”

“Miss CL. It’s… Mario.” Mario replied in hesitation.

Her blood started boiling as soon as he introduced himself from the other line. Her eyebrows started to draw together and she rudely asked, “How did you get my number, and why are you calling me?”

“You need to know something.”

“I’m not wasting my time for you.” She was about to end the call but heard him plead.

“Miss CL, please. It’s important. It’s about what happened.”

Chaerin exchanged glances with Jennie and Mino and replied on the other line, “I’m listening.”

“It’s Mister G-Dragon. It’s his plan.” He revealed, his voice sounded agitated.

Chaerin paused for a moment and started to deliberate. She wondered on why he would waste his time and tell her that Jiyong is behind all of this when no one’s trying to blame him. And it gives her an idea, that Mario is with Jiyong with this and the former is feeling guilty about it.

 She took a deep sigh and finally responded, “I already know about that.”

“Y-you know?” Mario asked her in surprise.

“Yes. And you calling me just confirmed me that.” She calmly said.

“I-I’m sorry. I’m sorry if it happened.” The regret in his voice is evident. Chaerin almost fell for it but she reminded herself that the guy isn’t just a model but he’s an actor too, so he can pretend that he’s sorry even though he really isn’t.

“Maurer, are you in love with Dara?”Chaerin bluntly asked. She might’ve startled Mario with her question that’s why there was a silence again from the other line.

“W-what? S-she’s my best friend.” Mario denied the moment he recollected his thoughts.

“Jiyong’s my best friend too, you know. And he’s going to do everything to take me back.  You calling me right now just implied that you’re the same with him.” Chaerin suddenly pointed out. She might be talking nice to him right now but she wanted to intimidate him until he reveals everything.

“I-I’m not. I’m just concerned with my best friend. I don’t want her to get hurt. That’s why I’m calling you.” Mario lamely reasoned out even it’s already too obvious.

Chaerin nodded as if the other person’s seeing it and said. “Okay, Maurer. I get it.”

There was another short pause between them until Mario speaks again, “How’s Dara? Is she okay?”

“You’re her best friend. You should already know it.” She mockingly told the guy.

She heard him sigh and say, “I’ll take that as a ‘yes, she’s okay.’”

“I’m busy, so if that’s all you wanted to say then good bye.” Chaerin didn’t wait any further for him to make his reply and ended the call.

Chaerin walked out from the dining area right after and went to the study area. Jennie and Mino meekly followed their friend to the study area where important matters are appropriately discussed, and they are aware that Chaerin wants enough privacy even there’s only the three of them inside the mansion.

Mino locked the doors as soon as the three of them were inside the study area. Chaerin went near the window and standstills, gazing at the view of the garden in front of her.

“What did he say?” Mino politely asked as soon as he and Jennie settled themselves on their seats.

Chaerin breathed deeply and said, “He told me that it’s Jiyong.”

Jennie furrowed her eyebrows and confusingly stated, “Mario Maurer knows about it? But his reaction when the issue blew up was real.”

Chaerin tilted her head and looked at them with her worried expression. “He won’t call me if he’s not involved in his plan. Maybe he’s guilty.”

“Are you okay, unnie?” Jennie asked in concern. The look in their friend’s eyes tells her that there’s something more that’s bothering her.

“He’s in love with Dara. And Dara’s either playing dumb about it or she’s really oblivious when it comes to it.”

“You don’t have to be worried about it, noona. We know that Dara noona only loves you.” Mino comfortingly told her.

Chaerin just shakes her head and responded. “I’m not worried about Dara, Mino-yah. I’m worried that Mario will continue to conspire with Jiyong.”

“It’s going to be bad.” Jennie said apprehensively.

-

As soon as she arrived at Chaerin’s mansion coming from her schedules, she immediately looked for her girlfriend. She walked around the mansion and spotted Chaerin in the balcony.  She smiled seeing her girlfriend being carefree and calm even just from afar.

She silently approached Chaerin and gives her a backhug. Her girlfriend wasn’t started at all by her surprise and Chaerin even grasped her hands to tighten the hug.

Dara knows that Chaerin isn’t the type of girl who talks a lot so she initiated the talk, “Hey, you didn’t call me all day. Is everything all right?”

Chaerin just nodded and said, “Yeah, it’s alright. Everything’s alright.”

Dara removed her arms from Chaerin’s waist which made the latter to turn around and face her. Dara looked at her in the eyes and said, “You’re not telling me something aren’t you?”

“Why do you say that?” Chaerin asked her softly.

She contemplated whether to ask her girlfriend or not about it, but she’s still wanted to know what’s running on Chaerin’s mind right now. “Did Mario already contact you? He told me that he’s going to apologize about what’s happened.”

“Oh.” Chaerin uttered, as if finally finding one of the puzzle pieces that she’s been looking.

Dara sighed and gives her a warm, comforting hug and said, “I know that it’s your personal number and I’m sorry if I gave him that. Don’t worry, my best friend is a good guy.”

Chaerin furrowed her eyebrows with what Dara has stated. It seemed like Dara’s insinuating that her best friend is better than her best friend. But instead of confronting Dara about it, Chaerin just tilted her head a little bit and curiously asked, “And what are you trying to say?”

“Nothing. I’m just saying that Mario is a good guy.”

Chaerin rolled her eyes and said, “Oh, you’re complimenting him now.”

“Of course. He’s my best friend.”

“And I’m your girlfriend.” She replied monotonously.

Dara pulled out from their hug and sees her girlfriend already having this blank expression. She gave Chaerin a peck on her lips but the younger still wears the same expression. Dara frowned then and asked, “What does it have to do with that?”

Chaerin began to sulk and said, “I’m tired. Just talk to me when you’re finished praising your best friend.”

Before Chaerin could walk out on her, Dara holds her wrist and pulled her into a hug. “Don’t be too serious. Mario’s just my best friend. Just like how you being best friends with G-Dragon-ssi.”

Chaerin snorted and sarcastically replied, “Oh. So you fell in love with him?”

Dara pulled back and accusingly looked at Chaerin. “What kind of question is that? Of course not. You’re the only person I fell in love with.”

Not wanting to argue with Dara anymore, she hugged her and said, “Okay.”

The two of them stayed like that, comforted in each other’s arms. A few moments later, Dara asked. “Are we good now?”

“Mmm hmm.” Chaerin hummed, not wanting to ruin this moment w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter