Coincidences

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After getting inside the plane and finding their assigned seats, Jiyong takes out his phone and set it on flight mode, as per instructions by the flight pilot in the intercom just awhile ago.

He placed his phone on his chest pocket and noticed that Chaerin's been staring at him. He acted innocent and asked, "What? You want to change seats with me?"

Chaerin chuckled at his random statement and shakes her head. Then she said, "You seemed busy just awhile ago. I hope that you didn't ditch your responsibilities in the company just to take me out and explore this country."

"Don't worry, it's not work related. Tiffany just called to ask how you were doing." Jiyong half lied. Aside from it's not work related, he isn't technically completely lying to Chaerin as Tiffany really contacted him after his conversation with Mario.

"Why is Tiff calling you instead of me? And by the way, how is she and Taeyeon-ssi?" Chaerin queried in concern.

Jiyong just shrugged his shoulders and as a matter of factly stated, "Your friend still feels guilty about  what happened. I already told her to don't ever think about it."

"But she still thinks that she's responsible for it, isn't she?"

"She and Taeyeon-ssi by the way are currently in good terms. The last time I heard, they came back being best friends." Jiyong told her, in case she's feeling bad about her involvement on what happened to Tiffany.

"Just best friends?" Chaerin asked confusingly. She heard about the announcement of Tiffany confessing her love for Taeyeon in national television. She thought that they'll be back on becoming lovers.

'Baby steps. Probably Tiff is just taking some precautions in case she gets left behind again.' Chaerin thought.

She was snapped out of it when she sees Jiyong giving her a sly grin. "Why, you're so nosy right now. It's unusual of you."

Chaerin rolled her eyes at him and casually replied, "I'm just curious and all."

"Okay. Whatever you say." Jiyong surrendered. He adjusted his seat and comfortably leans his back on its backrest.

When the plane finally made its take off and the flight becomes stable Chaerin unbuckled her seatbelt and stands up from her seat. "I'm going to the lavatory first."

"Oh, sure. Anything that you want to drink?" Jiyong asked before Chaerin could leave and do her business in the lavatory.

Chaerin jerked her head to the side and asked, "Do they serve wine or champagne?"

He hesitantly nodded but then smiled at her. "I think so. I'll just get you whatever's available to your liking."

"Thank you." Chaerin said and takes her leave.

When Chaerin reached the lavatory's location, she perceived that it is preoccupied, as the sign is in color red. Thinking that the occupant won't take long, she decided to just wait.

A stewardess passed by and must have recognized her as the woman politely said, "You can use the other one in the business class, Ma'am."

Chaerin shakes her head and politely declined. "No, it's fine. I'll just wait for the occupant to finish. Thank you."

"Okay Ma'am. Have a nice day." The stewardess made a curt nod and went on her way.

Chaerin heard the toilet flushed and sees that the door indicator turned to green. The door opened and revealed the person who is just about to get out.

"I'm sorry if I took long." A very much familiar voice said in apology.

"Hi." Chaerin said in surprise seeing the person who just came out from the lavatory.

The surprise in Dara's face is twice as hers the moment she looked up. She blinked her eyes a few times, with slightly opened. Chaerin supressed her smile at the view and just waited for Dara to atleast regain her senses.

Dara shakes her head and snapped back to reality. She avoided Chaerin's gaze and stutteringly asked, "H-hi. W-what are you d-doing here? I-I mean, w-where are you going?"

Chaerin wanted to pinch the other woman with her cute stuttering, but she stopped and reminded herself that they are not each other's anymore. So Chaerin just nonchalantly replied, "The same place where this plane will land later, obviously."

"Ah. Oh, right. I'm sorry. Are you alone?"

"Ji's with me." Chaerin casually disclosed.

Dara looked down and said, "Ah. Okay."

Chaerin furrowed her eyebrows as she analyzes the other woman's action.

'Is she disappointed that Jiyong's with me? Is she jealous?'

She doesn't want to get her hopes up so she shook off the thought out of her head. Then Dara looks up again, but avoided her gaze. "I'm finished using the lavatory. I'll get back to my cabin. It's nice seeing you again."

Before she could say anything in response, Dara quickly made her leave back to the other side of the plane.

Chaerin heaves a sigh as she watched the girl disappearing from her sight. She steps inside the lavatory and washed her hands, hoping that the cold water will ease her mind of what had just happened.

Chaerin took out few tissues from the dispenser and wiped her hands. She threw the used tissues on the garbage bin and went back to her cabin.

"She's here." Chaerin stated as she takes her seat next to Jiyong.

"Who?"

She looked at him and said, "Dara. She's here."

Jiyong sits down properly and deadpanningly replied, "You already told me that this morning, didn't you?"

Chaerin heaves a sigh and shakes head. Then she explained to him, "No, Ji. I just don't mean this country. She's here in this plane, also heading to Palawan."

"Oh. What a coincidence. Looks like the universe is making way for the both of you."

-

Until now, Dara still can't grip a hold of herself with what happened just now in the lavatory. She can't believe that of all places, their paths will cross like this again. It crossed her mind that it is too much for just a coincidence.

Dara began to hope, but that hope immediately faltered when she recalled that Jiyong is with Chaerin right now. She thinks that maybe they're getting their second shot of their relationship with this trip.

Dara shakes her head and pulled out thoughts of Chaerin in her mind. She tells herself that if she keeps on thinking about her like this, she's just going to hurt  herself more.

Not wanting to draw attention to the other passengers in the economy class, she walked down the aisle with her head hung low and takes her seat as soon as she reached her designated seat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter