Show

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin wakes up with a pang in her head. She looked around her and noticed that she’s already in her room and her clothes are already changed. Chaerin closed her eyes for a moment and recalled what happened last night. She was drinking in a tavern near the hotel and passed out. She furrowed her eyebrows as she dig down further on why she had to get drunk, then tears escaped from her eyes when she pictured out a memory of Jiyong making out with another girl. He cheated on her.

Chaerin wiped those tears in her face and tied her hair, telling herself that he doesn’t worth her tears. She glanced at the clock beside her and cursed as she saw the time. It’s 4 o’clock in the afternoon. She’s going to be late for the fashion show. She moves out from her bed and starts to get going hastily when a young man appeared in front of her and bowed.

“I’m sorry about threatening to fire all of you, Mino. I was not in the right mind.” She looked at the young man and gives him an apologetic smile.

“It is okay, Miss. We understand you. Are you okay now?” The young man asked in worry.

“Noona, Mino. You know you can call me noona when we’re alone.” She smiled. Mino is like a younger brother to her. They grew up together as the young man’s parents were both working for her family

“Noona.” He tried to speak with her comfortably and continued, “Are you sure that you’re okay? You know my friends and I can beat the out of Jiyong-hyungnim for hurting you. He shouldn’t have done that.”

“You know you’ll hurt me too if you do that to him.” She smiled and said, “I appreciate your concern Mino. Don’t worry, I’ll be okay.” Chaerin assured him.

“But noona…” he was about to argue with her when she sighed.

“He’s my best friend, Mino. He’s still my best friend.”

“I understand.” He heaved a sigh and said, “I’ll go now and see Jennie to fix your schedule for this month. The fashion show starts in a couple of hours. Well then, Miss.” The young man winked and smiled to her before leaving.

Chaerin chuckled as she shakes her head. She wore her slippers and went to the bathroom to prepare.

-

“Chae. Please let me explain.” Jiyong uttered as soon as Chaerin came out from her room. She pretended not to see him and started to walk away from him when he held her wrist and pulled her into a hug. “Please Chae, forgive me.”

“Let go.” Chaerin said nonchalantly.

“She seduced me. I didn’t mean to do that. I’m sorry, Chaerin. Please.” He explained to her.

“It was our 6th anniversary Ji. I was planning to surprise you but I’m the one who got surprised.” She laughed sarcastically as she holds back her tears. She told herself that she must not give in to Jiyong’s pleading, that whatever special relationship they had is gone. They are now over.

“I’m sorry, Chae. I promise. I promise you that I will never do that again.”

“Stop it Ji. We’re going to be late.” Chaerin said as if she’s not paying attention to Jiyong’s words.

“I don’t care about the show. I won’t stop until you forgive me.”

Chaerin pulled herself away from him and looked at him in the eyes. “Well, I care. If you’re not coming with me, it’ll be fine. I need to go. I’m going to be late.”

“Wait.” Jiyong said before she could leave. He rushed to her side and offered his arm, “We can talk about this later, right?”

Chaerin faked a smile and just accepted his arm. She reminded herself once again that despite of what he had done to her as a lover, he’s still her best friend. Their friendship is different from the intimate relationship that they just had and besides, their chemistry as a team is incomparable. Chaerin can’t just throw all they’ve been through and abandon Jiyong just because of her self-interests.

-

“Oh, would you calm down? It’s not like it’s your first time to end the show.” Dara approached her best friend whose busy doing some chant before the final show starts.

“I’m just nervous, Sandy. I’m afraid that I might make a mistake in the runway.” He confessed.

Dara held her friend’s shaking hand and their eyes met. She gave him a reassuring smile and said, “Just conquer the stage, Oh. Follow my lead, okay?”

Mario nodded and suddenly hugs her. The sudden action made Dara startle a bit but she just smiled and patted his back.

“We’ll start in 2! In your positions please!” the stage director shouted at particularly no one. Dara and Mario break from their hug and placed themselves in their positions.

The music came to life and the show’s encore has finally started.

-

Chaerin totally enjoyed the fashion show. She liked the winter and spring collection designs being presented in the runway. There was also this girl who caught her attention during the show’s encore. She doesn’t know why, but the girl seemed too familiar to her, then she remembered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter