Trouble II

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s already been three days since Dara has arrived to the country she considers her second home. She’s happy to be back in the Philippines again and enjoy the breathtaking sights that it offers both to its locals and its tourists.

Being accompanied by two of her girlfriend’s most trusted people, Dara thought that it is a must to tour Mino and Jennie around the different cities and provinces especially knowing that this travel is a chance for the new couple to create memories with each other. Though there are some times when she wished that Chaerin is with her. She thinks that everything would be perfect, no matter where they are as long as she’s with Chaerin.

Dara’s in a certain beach resort right now where her long time friend, Joross, is getting married tomorrow. The both of them have been good friends way back when she’s still pursuing her acting career in the Philippines, but she got casted on a famous fashion show and ever since, she decided to pursue modeling instead. She’s glad that because of that choice she’d made in the past she has been able to meet Chaerin again.

 When she arrived at the resort’s gazebo, there she reunited with her other old friends and started to catch up on things that they’ve missed in each other’s lives. Some of her friends already got their own families. Her friends even asked her on when she’s going to get married, but Dara just said that she and Chaerin have not talked about such matters, that they’re still trying to learn and discover more about each other.

A few minutes later, Dara excused herself from her friends and went some place that is not too crowded where she could get some time of herself. She took out the phone from her side pocket and unlocked the screen. She instantly smiled when she saw the wallpaper that she just set recently. It’s one of her favorite photos of her and Chaerin. It was taken right after Chaerin announced to the public that they’re dating.

Dara scrolled some more of her and Chaerin’s photos and she suddenly felt nostalgic. She somehow envies her friends being with their significant other while here she is, all alone with her phone.

The thought of calling Chaerin crossed Dara’s mind, but she thinks that Chaerin’s probably with Tiffany right now and she might not be able to answer her call. She doesn’t want to disappoint herself more so she decided to just call her girlfriend later.

“What’s a beautiful girl doing here all alone in a beautiful place?” A familiar manly voice pulled out Dara from her trance.

The voice was too familiar for her to not recognize who owns it. She knows that it is her best friend’s but it got her curious on why on earth Mario is here right now. Dara jerked her head to the side and sees Mario smiling sweetly at her. She doesn’t want to believe it at first, but when he pinched her cheeks she already knew that he is really with her right now.

“What are you doing here?” Dara asked in surprise. The last time she checked in to see if Mario’s doing well with his job, one of their managers told her that he’s doing fine and he’s currently doing a project so she was surprised to see him there.

Mario wanted to laugh, seeing his best friend’s adorable expression but he decided to just suppress his laughter. And instead of answering Dara’s question, he asked her back. “Aren’t you happy to see your best friend?”

“I am. I’m just surprised. I didn’t know that you’ll be here.” Dara said, still in surprise.

“Sandy, I’m glad that you finally showed up. I thought you’re not participating to my wedding anymore.” Joross said as soon as he approached Dara and gave her a quick hug.

Dara lightly patted his back and the moment they broke their hug, she smiled and playfully said, “We just talked the other day, Joross. I already told you that I’m going to explore a bit, right?”

“Oh did you?” Her friend said kiddingly. When he noticed that Dara is all by herself, he asked her. “By the way, where’s your girlfriend?”

She already knows that the same question will be asked at her so she casually answered, “She’s on a business trip, but she wanted me to extend her congratulations to you and Katz.”

Joross jerked his head to the side and curiously asked, “Did she? Then who was with you for the past few days?”

“I toured Chaerin’s friends. They are actually on their way here right now.”

Joross nodded in understanding then takes his glance at Mario. He smiled and then shifted his gaze back to Dara, “So, it seemed like the two of you has finally reunited.”

“Yeah. I didn’t know that the two of you were acquainted. No one informed me.” Dara said, feeling betrayed that she isn’t aware that her best friend is friends with one of her closest friend.

Joross wasn’t paying attention to her anymore as his eyes were already on his phone. When he noticed that Dara and Mario weren’t talking, he looked up and sees that the two of them seemed like waiting for him to talk again. “Ah. I’m sorry. Katz sent me a message telling me that the wedding planner’s looking for me. What were you saying again?”

“Nothing. It’s not important. You can go now and meet with your soon to be wife. Mario and I will be fine.” Dara assured her friend with a smile.

“Okay. I’ll see you later. I know that you have a lot of catching up to do. Bye, Sands.” Joross pecked Dara’s cheeks and patted Mario’s shoulder before leaving the two behind.

When there are only the two of them again standing under the palm tree, Mario shifted his angle a bit and faced Dara whose eyes were transfixed on the picturesque view in front of them. A smile curved on his lips. Seeing Dara being fascinated by the beauty of the nature is delightful enough for him.

“Would you like to take a walk?” Mario suggested as it seemed like Dara wanted to go and take a look closer of the endless seawaters on the coastline.

Dara glanced at her best friend and noticed that he’s extending his hand to her. She doesn’t want to let her own best friend down so instead of taking his hand, she slung her arm to his arm and started walking side by side.

The two of them walked on the isolated part of the beach’s coastline where no beachgoers could recognize the both of them. Dara and Mario are celebrities and she doesn’t want people getting the wrong idea of them being together especially she’s already committed to Chaerin and only Chaerin.

When they’ve reached at what it looked like the end of the beach coast, Dara and Mario settled down themselves on the huge rock embedded on the shore. Mario leaned his head on Dara’s shoulder and said, “It’s nice to see you again, Sandy. I’ve missed you.”

Dara just let his head rest on his shoulder thinking that best friends can still do that. When she finally gets herself to relax, she gets back to what Mario has just said and replied, “It was not that long when we saw each other at Bangkok.”

“Can you blame me if I want to hangout with my best friend, but the last time I asked her out she said she can’t because her girlfriend won’t let her?” Mario sadly said, making Dara feel guilty.

“About that, I’m sorry. Chaerin’s just…” She hesitated for a moment when she couldn’t find the right words to say regarding her girlfriend’s attitude.

“Compulsive. Possessive.” He finished her sentence for her.

Dara lightly pushed Mario and looked daggers at him saying, “No, she’s not.”

Mario just gave him an ‘are you sure about that?’ face which made her heave a sigh and avoided his gaze, looking at the view in front of them. “Well, yeah. She’s a bit possessive sometimes.”

“Is Miss CL even being good to you?” He asked in curiosity.

“Mmmm. Why do you ask?” She answered with a smile on her face as the skies suddenly reminded her again of her girlfriend. CL. Ciel. She learned from Chaerin that the meaning of that word is ‘sky’ and she has been told that if she misses her, she just to look up and she’ll be there for her.

Mario finds it strange that Dara’s still smiling even though he’s starting to probe about her best friend’s love life. Not wanting Dara to become suspicious of him, he replied. “Nothing. It’s just… the both of you have different personalities.”

She just snorted at his best friend’s words and said, “I’m already aware of that, Oh. Chaerin and I are actually already working on our differences.”

“Does she even have some time for you? You know, having not just one but many companies is a tough job to do.”

Dara shifted her gaze from the skies to her best friend and gave him her sincerest smile. “If you’re worrying about me, then don’t worry. I’m doing perfectly fine with he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter