Her Happiness

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things weren't been easy for Dara too. She felt relieved after watching the sudden announcement that Chaerin's friend made on the national television. But the happiness she felt that time faltered when she realized that it's already been days since things ended between her and Chaerin, that Tiffany wasn't been their greatest issue at all... that the real reason why that argument happened is because of their trust issues and their best friends issues.

Dara wanted to run after Chaerin that day after she left. She wanted to stop her and make her take back those last words that she said, but it crossed her mind on what good it would bring them if the both of them talk it out. She doesn't want to hurt herself or Chaerin any further so she decided to leave and make sure to never cross paths with Chaerin again.

Six months has passed. Dara continued her life without letting any thoughts of Chaerin invade her mind. She thought that she already moved on from her. She thought that she can go away with it easily. Dara's already been doing good until her path crossed again with Chaerin's.

She was on her way to the hotel's café to meet up with her best friend when she accidentally bumped into someone. She wasn't looking on her way so she fell on the ground. Good thing it wasn't a hard fall so it didn't hurt. She carefully gets up and removes the dust off her clothes, then she heard a female's voice asking her in concern, "Are you hurt? I'm sorry, i didn't mean to..."

"It's okay. I wasn't looking. I should be the one---" She stopped midway of her sentence when the person's voice registered to her mind. She looked up and sees a dazzling woman in black staring at her with familiarity.

"Hi." Chaerin briefly said as soon as their gazes met.

"H-hi." She stutteringly replied as the presence of the woman standing in front of her stunned her. She can't believe that of all places, she would see Chaerin here in the Philippines.

"It's nice to see you again, Ssan... Dara-ssi." Hearing Chaerin calling her in a formal way saddened Dara. It just sounded strange to her but she didn't show any sign of uneasiness.

'I missed you, Chaerin-ah. Have you been well?' Dara wanted to ask her but she doesn't have the courage to do so. She controlled herself and said instead, "It's nice to see you too, Chaerin-ssi."

There was a brief moment of silence between the two of them. Dara wondered if Chaerin still feels the same for her. It suddenly crossed her mind to ask her if she's single or she and Jiyong got back together. But before she could ask a bold question, Chaerin purses her lips and suddenly talked.

"I'm sorry but I have an event waiting for me. I hope you've been well. Take care." Chaerin said in a hurry and bid her farewell.

Dara was too dumbfounded to make her reply. She just watched as Chaerin clambered inside a limousine and left the hotel.

She didn't notice that tears are already falling from her eyes. She's been trying to hold them back in front of Chaerin awhile ago. Dara doesn't want her to think that she's vulnerable. But now that she's gone, she immediately went to the nearest comfort room and let herself cry.

After crying her heart out, Dara finally wiped her tears and fixed her make-up. She doesn't want to go out and let people see her messed up state especially when she's a big celebrity in the country. Dara looked at her reflection one last time and exhaled.

"You can do this, Sandy." Dara told herself and started to put a smile on her face. She went  out of the comfort room and made her way to the hotel's bar to meet Mario and his friends.

The security staff nods at Dara in recognition as she passed the entrance of the  bar. Dara did the same as a kind gesture and immediately searched for her best friend the moment she stepped inside.

It wasn't difficult for her to find the people that she's been looking for as she sees Mario's girlfriend and group of friends partying in the crowd. Her best friend isn't the partying type so she assumed that Mario is at the counter, enjoying whatever light drink that the bar offers.

Dara walked to the counter and sees Mario enjoying his non alcoholic drink. She approached her best friend and gives him a light pat as she takes the empty seat beside him. Dara called for the bartender and ordered herself a drink.

Mario turned to his side and smiled at her, "You're surprisingly late. Is it traffic out there, Sandy?"

Dara just nodded her head and kept silent. She thought that she could pull off the happy mask that she's wearing but the incident earlier keeps on playing in her mind.

The lackness of her response is already enough for Mario to tell that there's something off with her. Dara knows that he's waiting for her to share, so she faced him and said,  "Oh. I've seen her just now."

"Who?"

She avoided his gaze and started playing with the glass filled with vodka and ice in her hand. Then she answered, "Chaerin. She's here in Philippines."

Mario raised his eyebrows in curiosity and asked, "Did you---"

Dara sighs and shakes her head. "No. She seemed okay. And we don't have anytime to talk. It like she's here just for another meeting."

Mario twitched his lips and observed on how Dara is taking her unexpected meeting with Chaerin. The look on her face tells him that it will take her some time before she could recover. Seeing Chaerin again must have triggered Dara to remember that painful memory six months ago.

He knows that it's foolish of him to ask her even it was already obvious, but he wanted Dara to convince herself that she's okay. "Are you okay, Sandy? You know, it'll be okay for us if you can't accompany us with our tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter