Playing With Fire

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the creative director and photographer announced everyone to have a ten minute break, Dara immediately went to the secluded area of the set and takes her rest before she gets called again for retouch.

Thirst and hunger came to her so she decided to call for her manager and have him order her some snacks. But as soon as she turned around, a diffferent familiar figure welcomed her eyes.

"You look famished."  Mario stated with a wide smile on his face.

“Oh, what are you doing here?” Dara said in surprise as she didn't expect to see her best friend in her photoshoot.

“Your manager told me that you’re having a short break and I decided to bring you some snacks.” He happily said as he extended her the food he bought.

“Thank you.”  Dara replied as she takes the frapuccino and sandwich that Mario bought for her. She appreciated the thought of her best friend still knowing her favorite food during breaks.

As much as she wanted to stay for a moment, she can't. She knows how people create malicious stories about anything and she didn't want those people around the set misunderstood her bestfriend's sudden visit. So she  started to walk away and pretended to busy.

But Dara halted from her tracks  when she heard him say, “Sandy, I have something to tell you.”

She turned around and stared at him. It seemed important so she looked around first if there's snooping around them, and when she found the place secured from prying eyes and ears, she said, “What is it, Oh? You have to tell it quick. I don’t want Chaerin misunderstand your visit here.”

“I just want to say sorry.”

Her eyebrow raised and naively asked, “For what?”

He avoided her gaze and finally confessed, “I… what happened in the Philippines and my trip here. It was all planned. I really didn’t know that it’s part of his plans but, I am involved with it. I’m sorry.”

Dara nodded as if she was already expecting to hear it from him, and then she coolly said, “You conspired with Jiyong-ssi.”

Mario took a glance on his best friend and saw the disappointment in her face. He pursed his lips and regretfully said, “I-I already did it because I am worried about you. I am worried on what will happen to you when you’re in the middle of their messed up lives. I just don’t want you to get hurt in the end.”

Dara placed her hand on her best friend’s shoulder and softly said, “Oh, I told you that I am okay. I can still manage myself.”

“I’m sorry.”

She removed her hand from his shoulder and exhaled. She looked at her best friend’s guilt-ridden face and asked, “Are you still in touch with Jiyong right now? Are you still part of his plans?”

“No, no. I promise you that I won’t work with him again.” He quickly told her in defense.

Even though she can still feel that there is still something that her best friend won’t tell her, Dara just let it go for now and casually made her reply. “Then we’re good.”

She saw how his brows furrowed, like he wasn’t expecting her to forgive her that easily. Then he looked at her and carefully asked, “That’s all? You’re not mad at me?”

Dara just nodded and lightly patted his shoulder saying, “You’re my best friend, Oh. And you have your own reason to do it. I am disappointed, but I will never get mad at you. Just don’t do it again.”

 

 

Dara's vision of her and her best friend's conversation last week disappeared on her mind and replaced again by her worry of not telling Chaerin about her encounter with Mario.

She knows that she should tell her girlfriend about this, but Dara doesn't want two of the most important people in her life to fight just because of her. She thinks that it would just be a waste of time, and she doesn't want Chaerin and her to argue about knowledge she has about her best friend's involvement with what happened in the past and her awareness of him having a one sided love with her for a long time.

Dara has been always aware of it, but still she chose to act naive as she doesn't want to hurt her best friend. And she doesn't want to lose him, either. If Chaerin values friendship very much, so is she.

She shoved her worried thoughts away and instead did her purpose at the dining area. She opened the fridge and took some cold refreshments for her and Chaerin.

Then she walks her way back at the living room as she heard the signal that the show is about to begin. She moved her way upstairs where her girlfriend is waiting for her.

-

Stephi Hwang

Say, Faith. Are you busy today?
8:05am

With Dara
8:06am

Why’d you ask?
8:06am

Oh. I’m sorry
8:08am

No. It’s okay. Where are you now?
8:08am

Eurwangni beach.
8:09am

Incheon? Wait. That place is too public, right?
8:10am

Not that side. At my cousin’s private property.8:12amI’ll send u the details.
8:12am

 Okay. I’m coming.
8:13am

Thank you, Faith.
8:15am

Chaerin's locks back her phone and slid it in her clothes pocket. She takes a handful of popcorn on the bucket and started munching it while waiting for the rerun of Asia's Next Top Model Season 5.

She and Dara agreed to spend the rest of their free day at the house, and they started it by watching the fashion reality show's rerun. Dara already told her what happens to the show but she wanted to see it in her own  eyes.

The channel's still airing some advertisements as of the moment so Chaerin used the time on how she would tell Dara about Tiffany. She is aware that she and her girlfriend  will be busy after today and it will take quite some time for them to have this kind of moment, but she can't just leave her friend like that.

Chaerin knows that it is not right to tolerate Tiffany's stubbornness, but she wanted her friend to get back into her right mind, make her realize that  what she's doing will just hurt her more, and learn to forgive and be happy again.

She was pulled out into her thoughts when she felt Dara beside her. Before she can even talk and ask Dara's permission, her girlfriend beats her to it.

"Does your friend have a problem with her girl friend, best friend or whatever again?” Dara casually said as she takes some popcorn and fixed her attention to the huge screen in front of them.

Chaerin stared at Dara to see any  irritation from her face but finds  nothing. So she just sighed and nodded her head.

She shifted her gaze on the screen and sees that the show's already starting. She comfortably leans on the couch's backrest and watched the show. Realizing that she hasn't answered her question yet, she said, “Mmm. I guess her people finally planned something to settle her issue, and Tiff’s being stubborn about it again.”

“You can go to her, you know.” Dara said nonchalantly and continued watching the show.

Chaerin furrows her brows and assessed on how her girlfriend is acting right now. She feels that Dara's jealous but she's just not showing it to her so she finally asked.  “Are you sure? Is it really okay with you?”

Dara sighed and finally looked at Chaerin. She gives her girlfriend a subtle smile amd said, “Yeah. And besides I just also want Tiffany-ssi to realize something.”

“What?”

Dara shrugged her shoulders and  said, “That she’s playing with fire and she’ll get burn soon.”

Chaerin glanced to the direction where her girlfriend's attention  is currently fixed. She sighed and  told herself that she could just watch the show's finale online. Then an idea came into her mind, “Perhaps, do you want to come with me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter