The Fairies

Fairies

 

 

Surprised as to what Sunny was about the do, the fairies were not sure what to feel. Emotions of thankfulness yet sadness and regret filled their hearts because it was her decision to give up her life just so that Eunji could live on. It was impossible to choose between saving either and in the end, a sacrifice had to be made. Chorong on the other hand, had given up on convincing Sunny to live on. It pained her heart but she understood her actions, her sacrifice was for the better hope of the future.

With no choice but to only watch, the white flame lit brightly as it surrounded the two girls like a bubble. Like magic, Eunji's wound closed by itself as the bleeding suddenly stopped, allowing Eunji to breathe heavily as she took a deep breath, feeling life flowing back into her body. But on the other hand, Sunny's skin started to wrinkle, her lips turned blue as she slowly closed her eyes, looking at Chorong for one last time before she took a final breath with a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

"I can finally die in peace in hopes that there will be a better world."

 

 

 

 

 

In Chorong's arms, Sunny passed on but in exchanged, Eunji lived on. As the Fire Fairy shed tears, the Nature Fairy slowly opened her eyes, staring blankly into the empty space as she was confused, wondering where in the world was she and whether she had died. Naeun rushed to her side and immediately pulled the girl into her arms, tears flowing down as she was thankful that Eunji was alive again, safe and sound. Bomi on the other hand, looked away as she didn't like to see Chorong cry in front of her. It was situation where she could not do anything because she understood how it felt to lose someone she loved dearly.

But now was not the time to mourn over her death. Just as what Sunny had told her, she must get the fairies out of Heaven before the goddesses's suicide mission began. Wiping her tears, the Fire Fairy stood up and clenched her fist, knowing that she must complete Sunny's final wish and will in order to carry on the new hope.

"Form a circle. We're going back home." said Chorong in a strict tone.

"Understood." nodded Bomi as everyone did as they were told. Hayoung who was still carried by Bomi in her strong arm and Naeun who helped Eunji to stand up, the Fire Fairy looked at each of the girls. Observing their wounds sustained during the battle, the leader once again blamed herself for letting them get hurt. She had failed in protecting them and she almost lost Eunji, but here, she was given a second chance to prove herself. She did not want to make the same mistake twice. With the thought of Sunny's sacrifice in her mind, the girl cracked her finger allowing a drop of blood to flow into her ring, summoning the same sphericial white portal.

Without a word, the fairies stepped into the portal one by one. Chorong who was the last to go in, wanted to look at Sunny one last time, wanting to fully engrave her face into her memories so that it will forever be a painting locked in her eyes. As the ground started to shake, it was a signal for her to leave. Heaven was starting to fall apart thanks to the goddesses and in hopes that the new fairies would soon be the new saviours, The Fire Fairy walked into the portal and left for Earth. The moment the portal closed, the ceiling of the prison crashed down, the suicide mission had started.

At the top of the tower where The Great Almighty was, the seven goddesses held their hands together and stood tall in front of him, fearless. With blood stained over their clothes, wounds and bruises all over their bodies, it was their own pride of war. They had waited centuries for this very moment, to kill themselves in front of the Great Almighty to show him that they were already sick and tired of living under a senseless law that only caused pain to the world. It was to show him that he was wrong. It was a signal that it was time to change.

"You are fools for thinking this will work against me." murmured the Great Almighty.

"Doesn't matter. We have lived for far too long. It's about time we should die." smirked Taeyeon.

"I had a really good time on Earth. The first time I had so much freedom in my life. Compared to a place like here, it was no different with Hell. Don't you realise that sir?" said Tiffany as she looked at him.

"At least now, we'll be together in the same place with Jessica unnie." said Seohyun.

"Stop it!" said the Great Almighty in anger as he extended his hand outwards to break their formation but the four gods stood in front of them as a shield, preventing him from disturbing their mission.

"Woah, woah sir. If you wanna do that, you gotta pass by us first." said Doojoon as he grabbed hold of the Great Almighty's gigantic fist that was the size of his body.

"Don't you know it's absolutely rude to attack women when you're a man?" said Taecyeon.

"I never thought I'd see your ugly face again sir. Thanks for exiling me to Earth, it was the best decision ever because I got to hang out with so many women. Heaven is just far too pure and conservative for my sad male soul y'know?" smirked Heechul.

"Noonas, start preparing and we will spare you all the time you need. Once you're ready, we will leave as promised. After all, us dying wasn't part of the deal." said Minho as he turned behind.

"Very well. Let's do this girls." said Taeyeon as she looked at the seven of them, thankful that they were her members who followed her every orders for the past centuries without betrayal. They had given her many memories filled with happiness, laughter and love and to spend her last moment of her life was even more meaningful.

"We're ready unnie. On your count." smiled Yuri to which Taeyeon nodded.

"Thank you girls, for being part of my life." smiled Taeyeon as she closed her eyes, allowing a blinding light to fill their hands. This formed a white sphere that surrounded the seven goddesses as a black flare glowed inside their chests. Their suicide mission had begun. The four gods who noticed the great power knew that it was time to leave and escape. Although bitter and sad that their only female friends had chosen such a path, the men accepted their decision and headed straight for their escape back to Earth. Running out of the tower with the help of Minho, The Speed God, it didn't even take them a second to arrive back at the portal room that transferred the four gods back to Earth.

At the count of three seconds, there was only a loud sound of an explosion that ringed loudly at the surface of Heaven. The once, immortal goddesses had sacrificed their lives, in change of a better world. It was the start of a new history.

 

 

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

 

Back on Earth at the rooftop of the same cathedral, a white sphere suddenly appeared as six fairies fell out, falling onto the roof as the portal closed after that. Feeling the fresh air of Earth and cool wind that blew softly on their skin, they were definitely back home. Looking up at the sky, it was no longer it's usual baby blue tint with white clouds peacefully floating along. Due to the work of the seven goddesses, it was the first time ever that the sky had such a colour. A colour that looked so beautiful yet no one knew that there was a sad story behind it, that it was to represent the mourning of those seven goddesses who saved many lives. A sky painted with shades of apricot and light orange, it was a phenomenon unlike other.

"The sky is so pretty...." mumbled Namjoo to herself as she looked up while still carrying Hayoung on her back.

"Unnie, are you alright?" asked Bomi as she helped Chorong to her feet while wiping her tears away.

"Are we....back home?" said Eunji confused, still unable to grasp what happened as everything went so fast.

"I'll tell you everything later unnie." said Naeun who held onto Eunji tightly, making sure that she wouldn't tumble as she was afraid that her wounds might re-open.

For a long time, the fairies looked at the sky in silence as if to mourn and pay their respects, honouring the sacrifice that had been made. Although they didn't feel as much sadness because not much time was spent with them but it held a lot of meaning for Chorong who grew up with the goddesses by her side. It was a different feeling for her as memories flashed through her mind, knowing that life will now be different with the seven, gone.

"Namjoo-ya. Put Hayoung down. Eunji-ya, it's your turn to do your part." said Chorong to which The Nature Fairy nodded, knowing what she meant. The Water Fairy did as she was told, gently placing Hayoung in an upright position as Eunji squatted to her side, carefully touching her back. Remembering her training from long ago, Eunji remembered how to use her healing powers. While mumbling to a song, a light lit in her hands as slowly, the powers of her voice healed Hayoung's fractured back. Soon enough, Hayoung was able to walk again with no problem.

"What do we do now, unnie?" asked Bomi unsure of what their future has become. The five fairies had a goal into thinking that they would have a peaceful life after the war but, everything was a lie. Nothing changed except the fact that the goddesses were no longer here. No one knew what would happened after the suicide mission, the disaster that made Heaven fall into destruction, it was far too early to tell. Only time could only indicate where their paths would lead on, for the fairies who were seen as the new harbingers of hope.

"We'll go back and rest first. There's nothing we can do for now." said Chorong as she looked up at the sky once more, thinking that it was probably the last time she will ever step foot onto Heaven again. The Fire Fairy had many thoughts that ran through her mind, worries about the future, her five fairies and how the order of the world would become now that, Heaven has turned into a turmoil. Would the balance be broken? Would this give an opportunity for devils of the underworld to plan their escape? Would this cause more trouble on Earth and the safety of mortal beings? The girl needed time to think and reflect. She needed a quiet place where she could just be alone. 

In fact, this war was a learning lesson for the five fairies who used their powers in an actual battle for the first time. It was an experience that they will remember in their hearts forever, the realisation that fairies could die too struck thier minds as it gave them the will to train harder in order to become stronger. This war proved that they were not the strongest that they think they were. There is more to just, being a fairy. With something to think about, the six fairies climbed down the cathedral and walked along the path that lead them back to the run-down building, formerly owned by the goddesses. Opening the door and seeing the now, empty space left behind, it only brought them sadness. Although it was short, but the memories of them being together was still fresh in their heads.

"Rest up. I don't know what will happen from now on. We can only wait and see." said Chorong as she frowned, still unable to realise that they were all gone.

"We understand the situation unnie. It's all a little too much for us to take in as well. Let's just take it slow and steady alright?" said Bomi as she looked at the Fire Fairy with a smile, hoping that it cheers her up.

"Bomi's right. Although I'm not really sure what happened after I got injured but, this isn't the end. They didn't sacrifice their lives for nothing. Anyways, I think I'll go take a bath and check on my wound. It feels really weird that the hole down there is...gone. It feels as if I didn't even get injured at all...." said Eunji to which Naeun suddenly stood up, took her hand and pulled her away to a corner.

"W-What? Did I say something wrong?" whispered Eunji, surprised at Naeun's actions.

"Don't say that. It might make Chorong unnie to feel even worse." whispered Naeun.

"But...what happened actually?" whispered Eunji as she tilted her head in confusion.

"You said you wanted to take a bath right?" 

"Uh huh..."

"Fine. We'll shower together and then, I'll be able to tell you everything that happened."

"Wow." said Eunji as she looked at Naeun with surprise.

"What?"

"Since when did you get so bold?"

"What do you mean? I'm always like that."

"No....you liar...."

"W-Whatever, let's go." said Naeun as she grabbed Eunji's hand and dragged her upstairs, where the bathroom was. With the two fairies gone, Namjoo took Hayoung back to their room to rest, leaving Chorong and Bomi in the living room downstairs.

 

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

At the bedroom, Hayoung had insisted many times that she was perfectly fine thanks to Eunji's healing but Namjoo was persistant and kept forcing the maknae to go and sleep.

"Unnie, I'm not sleepy! You can't just force me to sleep!" protested Hayoung as she sat up on her bed, pouting at Namjoo who crossed her arms.

"Fine, if you're not sleepy then you shoud at least answer my questions."

"Sure. I'll answer every single one." smiled Hayoung, having a hunch as to what to expect. After all, the cheeky maknae had fun playing around with her feelings because it was adorable to see her older unnie get jealous even though, she already found out about her feelings for her long ago. The Air Fairy kept it a secret since the very beginning, fully aware that Namjoo has fallen in love with her. 

"Honestly, I don't even know whether it's true or not anymore Hayoung-ah. You're really, driving me crazy at times. H-Hey, don't laugh!" said Namjoo as she paused halfway, seeing the younger girl suddenly breaking into laughter due to her over-excessive expressions.

"Nothing. Continue, unnie."

"Fine. Why did you kiss me? Like exactly, right here." said Namjoo pointing towards her cheek.

"It's exactly what I said. I didn't want to have regrets." said Hayoung with a straight expression.

"What?!"

"Don't what me unnie."

"T-Then, are you saying that-"

"Yeah. I do." said Hayoung with a nod, not wanting to say those three words because it wasn't her personality to openly confess.

"Why can't you say those words?"

"Didn't I said it earlier during the war? You must've missed it."

"Then say it again."

"No." said Hayoung, like a child who refused to do things as told.

"HAYOUNG-AH!" said Namjoo in frustration, tired of running around the bush.

"I mean...it takes a lot of effort for me to say those words unnie....it's just something that I don't usually say....." said Hayoung as she looked away with a pout, in an awkward position. It was then, Namjoo remembered that Hayoung was not used to recieving love. She remembered how her childhood past was like, she understood how hard it was for her to say "I love you" because her parents never said those words to her. With confidence, Namjoo sat in front of her with a smile.

"Hayoung-ah. I love you."

The maknae froze upon hearing those words. She wasn't sure what to feel, because it was just something she was not used to.

"O-Oh, thanks. M-Me too...." said Hayoung as she avoided eye contact while her heart pounded quickly.

"Why don't you try saying it? Say it. I love you."

"......"

"I love you. Hayoung-ah. I love you."

"O-Okay! Stop saying that! It just feels weird!" said Hayoung as she suddenly covered Namjoo's mouth. It was just uncomfortable yet somewhat pleasing to her ears. Even so, the girl was shy and embarrassed.

"Fine. I won't say it." said Namjoo with a smile.

"That's a relief..." sighed Hayoung.

"Instead...." said Namjoo with a smirk as she suddenly grabbed Hayoung's cheeks and kissed her. Within a second, the maknae quickly pulled away, her face was as red as tomato.

"I-I-I don't like kisses!"

"Omo, but you kissed me on the cheek." said Namjoo, slightly taken aback.

"L-Lips and cheek is different...." said Hayoung shyly. Hearing this, the older girl could only break into a hearty laughter.

"Ah, Hayoung-ah, you're so cute sometimes! Even though you're like an oppa when you're fighting but here you are, like a baby. Indeed, you are really our maknae." smiled Namjoo widely as she caressed her hair.

"I-I'm not baby..."

"At least, I'm glad that you love me too. I was really worried you know? When you were looking at Yuri unnie like that...."

"It was because I admired her unnie. I wanted to become like her. After all, I wasn't in love with her anyway. I just wanted to play with your feelings for a bit." smirked Hayoung.

"You.....what?"

"I already knew that you liked me since the beginning. I just kept it a secret cause I thought it'd be fun." laughed Hayoung.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!!!" shouted Namjoo as the two maknaes started bickering with each other again. The younger couple was always full of energy, fooling with each other with lame jokes like children. 

 

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

 

At the bathroom located on the same floor, there was only silence as Eunji simply stood still, allowing Naeun to undress her clothes because the younger girl said that she was "still sick" and "shouldn't be moving about". Although the Nature Fairy had insisted many times that she was absolutely fine, she decided to keep quiet and let Naeun do the job. After all, she wanted to see the new side of her with her two eyes. She had always taken good care and protected her, it was strange that now, she was the one being taken care of.

"W-Why do you keep staring at me like that?" said Naeun softly as she folded Eunji's tattered clothes stained with her blood, neatly placing it into the laundry basket.

"Because you're the most beautiful thing in this room." grinned Eunji.

"Gosh, not again." sighed Naeun, having enough of her cheesy comments.

"What? You're not letting me shower by myself so what else can I do?"

"That's because you're still injured."

"No I'm not. The wound here is completely gone." said Eunji tapping on the left side of her abdomen, showing her that nothing was wrong.

"Your body may be healed but not your mind...." mumbled Naeun as she forced Eunji to sit down on the stool, the shower head and gently sprayed water over her body. The older girl kept quiet and allowed her to do the job, finding this a rare moment to be pampered like that. Although it was a little embarassing at first but the Nature Fairy couldn't help but to constantly smile at Naeun, proud at how much she had grown over a short period of time. It seemed just yesterday when she was afraid and had no self-confidence on herself. But here she was, more mature and brave.

"Unnie." said Naeun who was in the middle of shampooing Eunji's hair, stained in dust and blood.

"What is it Naeun-ah?"

"Why did you do it?"

"Hm? Do what?"

"You jumped in front of me and allowed that thing to pierce through your abdomen....you could've just-"

"What else do you think I would've done?"

"Unnie...."

"It's not just you. I would've jump if it was anyone else whether it was Bomi, Hayoung, I'll protect all of you from getting hurt."

"Stop doing it." said Naeun as her hands suddenly stopped moving.

"Naeun-ah..."

"You're risking yourself so much. Don't you realise what other people think about it? Have you ever thought about how I felt when you just suddenly jumped in front of me, half-dying with blood coming out of your mouth? I...I don't want to see that ever again....so please....stop..." said Naeun suddenly breaking into tears. The moment she heard her crying, Eunji immediately turned around, wrapped her arms around her waist and gently kissed her lips.

"It's my way of saying that I love you so much that I would take a bullet for you." said Eunji as she cupped Naeun's swollen cheeks in her palms and smiled.

"What would you do in my position? If I was you, would you have let that thing stab into my chest? Would you? Even though you had the chance to prevent that by giving up your own life?" said Eunji as she carefully wiped the girl's tears with her pinky finger.

Naeun could not fight back because it was the truth. She really couldn't win a verbal battle between Eunji because her words made so much sense even though it hurts so much in reality.

"I'm sorry Naeun-ah. I didn't know how you would've felt when I did that. But at least, I understand now and that's all that matters now. The war is over, we don't need to fight anyone anymore and we can just live happily from now on. Alright?" said Eunji to which Naeun nodded.

"F..Fine...." said Naeun

"Good girl." grinned Eunji as she tapped Naeun's nose with her soapy hands forming a white bubble at the centre of her face.

"Stop playing around unnie...."

"Yes madam." said Eunji as she finally stood still, allowing Naeun to shampoo her hair.

 

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

Downstairs at the living room, Bomi looked at the Fire Fairy with concern as she wasn't sure what to do in that position. Quietly observing the girl who stared with a blank expression, it was obvious that she was thinking about something so deeply that she didn't even realise that Bomi was still here. The Thunder Fairy understood how she must've felt, everything went by so quickly and the people she knew and grew up with all disappeared in a flash, just like that.

"Should I leave and let her be? Should I go to her side and do everything I can to make her happy? Yoon Bomi, do something!" thought the girl to herself, frozen as her legs didn't seem to move. With a deep breath, the younger girl sat right next to her and tapped her shoulder.

"Unnie." said Bomi in a gentle voice as Chorong turned around. 

"Look. It's a monkey." said Bomi as she pulled her ears and made her cheeks puffy while imitating monkey sounds in the middle of the quiet atmosphere.

"Oh my, you look so ugly."

"UNNIE!"

"I'm just joking." said Chorong with a giggle. Hearing her laugh, the Thunder Fairy was taken aback as she looked at her while tilting her head wondering what was going on. Surely, she had expected her to be sad, depressed and in mourning.

"Are you sure you're okay unnie?" asked Bomi with a pout.

"Thank you Bom-ah. I know you're trying your best to cheer me up. I'm thankful for that." said Chorong as she fixed Bomi's messy hair.

"Unnie." said Bomi as she suddenly spread her arms out wide.

"If you wanna cry, go ahead and cry in my arms. No one will hear you."

"But I'm not even going to cry." said Chorong with a straight face.

"Ah. Really?" said Bomi as she stared at her with dumbfounded expression, awkwardly putting down her arms.

"Bom-ah, you fool. I'm not going to cry. A leader should never cry."

"But crying makes you feel better. I mean, I'm sure there's a lot of things going in your mind right now so-"

"It's okay Bom-ah." smiled Chorong.

"Are you sure?" asked Bomi to which the girl nodded.

"Are you really, really, really, really sure?" said Bomi repeating herself.

"Yes, I'm really fine Bom-ah."

"Lies." said Bomi, not believing her words as she stared at her, crossed her arms and pouted with a stare.

"I said I'm okay so why don't you head upstairs and take a rest okay?" smiled Chorong as she suddenly kissed Bomi's cheek and patted her head. Surprised at her actions, Bomi could only grin widely, not hiding her obvious happiness. Putting her trust into Chorong that she was really fine, the Thunder Fairy headed upstairs as promised, crashing straight into her bed as she fell into a deep slumber, exhausted by the war.

Eventually, the five fairies soon fell asleep after a warm bath leaving the leader, still wide awake as she went outside to take a walk. Changing her clothes and wearing her usual hoodie, the Fire Fairy disguised herself perfectly as she strolled along the Han River, watching the night skies glisten within the moonlight while breathing in the fresh, cold air. It was moments like these where she felt that she was a human, and not a fairy. Perhaps, she was able to understand why the goddesses chose to reside on Earth for a long, long time. The sky was her only reminder of the war, never wanting to forget the sacrifice that was made. 

"Chorong-ssi." said a voice all of the sudden. Surprised, the Fire Fairy turned around as it was a familiar voice. Completely taken aback, she had not expect to see him ever again. She thought that the man in front of him had long, died but here he was, standing with a smile. It was Hoya.

"H-Hoya-ssi? I-It's you right? Not a ghost or anything right?" said Chorong slowly walking to the man who laughed at her reaction.

"It's me, Chorong-ssi. I'm glad to see that you and the other fairies managed to escape successfully."

"But...how did you even..."

"Just like you, I escaped. That day when I became a decoy, was also the day I made my escape. After all, I was also not very fond of how the system worked in Heaven. And, I know what happened. I know what the goddesses did and their sacrifices won't be forgotten."

"Hoya-ssi..."

"Anyways, that wasn't the reason why I came here. I came here to give you this." said Hoya as he gave Chorong an envelope.

"What's this?" said Chorong as she opened the envelope where there was a letter and a key.

"Sunny noona told me to give this to you long before. It's the inheritance of all properties owned under the Soonkyu Corporations including her savings of 500 billion won. That key is to her pension home in Jeju Island, the address is written in the letter. Sunny noona told me that you would definitely reject such an offer so she told me to tell you that, this is her final wish. She wants you to live happily like a normal human and start your life anew. It's not just for you but for the other five fairies as well." said Hoya, explaining very carefully in a slow manner.

"I...." said Chorong, unable to express her words.

"Chorong-ssi, please accept it."

"But...what about you?"

"Don't worry about me Chorong-ssi. I've been living on Earth for a few weeks now and I'm really enjoying the freedom. I'll find my own way of life from now on. But of course, we'll keep in contact. I heard that humans use a phone to keep in touch but I guess you don't have one right now so I'll pay a visit to you at the pension house a few weeks later, once you've gotten your own phone." smiled Hoya.

"I..I don't know how I'm supposed to..."

"Please live a happy life from now on, Chorong-ssi. Don't look back on the past and instead, look forward to the future. I'm sure that's what all eight of them would say. Am I right?"

Chorong could only nod as finally, her tears flowed down. She was so thankful for such a gift but yet, feeling sorry. She had no choice but to accept the inheritance because it was Sunny's last will. A will in hopes that she will forever be happy. Hoya who saw The Fire Fairy in tears again wanted to pull her into an embrace, telling that it will be alright but he knew that, he couldn't. He knew that her heart belonged to the Thunder Fairy since the beginning. All he could do was to gently pat her small head and smile.

"Cheer up, Chorong-ssi." said Hoya as the two spent some time together at the Han River, catching up things just like what old friends would do. It was the first time in awhile since they talked about many things, laughing at small jokes and telling their worries. Thanks to the short meeting with Hoya, the Fire Fairy finally made a decision. Her mind was cleared and the goal was set.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sunny unnie, thank you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

[A FEW DAYS LATER]

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone agreed at Chorong's plan as they were content on starting a new life together, away from Seoul. As their identities must be concealed at all costs, a portal was used to teleport the girls to Jeju Island where they finally found the pension formerly owned by goddess Sunny. It was a rather, huge, spacious cottage located near the beach as there were small gardens and farms scattered all over. These were also properties owned by the Soonkyu Cooporation where the territory of the land expanded to the size of a football stadium and the entire area was off limits to locals thus, it gave them a lot of freedom without having to worry about hiding themselves or using disguises. For once, they were able to live on like a normal human being despite having powers.

Living in a small rural area, away from the busy city of Seoul, it gave a rather different experience for the five fairies who were once humans. But they were happy, and that's all that mattered. One night, the girls were enjoying a night barbeque while embracing the ocean view as they waited for their meat to be grilled.

"What do you girls plan on doing now?" asked Chorong as her eyes maintained focused on turning the skewers.

"I want to sing. I heard there's an orphanage and old folks home here so I thought of making their day brighter by performing in front of them." smiled Eunji.

"I think I'll open a small art shop where I'll sell my own paintings and crafts. Jeju Island has a lot of beautiful locations and I want to capture it's beauty by expressing it." said Naeun.

"I'm not sure yet unnie. For now, I'll just play at the one and only internet cafe in Jeju Island. I really miss playing my games." said Hayoung.

"I don't really know what I want to do either unnie....I think maybe-" said Namjoo in thought as Chorong suddenly realised that Bomi was missing.

"Wait. Where did Bomi go?" asked Chorong as she looked around, not seeing the Thunder Fairy in sight.

"Unnie said she was going to drop by the convenience store to buy some ice cream." said Hayoung.

"I wonder whether she managed to buy the beer that I told her..." mumbled Eunji to herself, as if it was just a secret between them.

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this...." sighed Chorong, feeling uneasy that Bomi went out by herself.

"UNNIE! UNNIE! UNNIE!" shouted a voice from far-away as a girl ran down the small hill, carrying plastic bags over her arms. It was none other than, Bomi.

"Wow, speak of the devil." giggled Naeun finding it a coincidence that the girl appeared the moment they were talking about her.

"What's wrong Bom-ah?" asked Chorong in worry while helping to take the plastic bags full of snacks and drinks from her arms.

"I'm sorry unnie. I think we're busted." smiled Bomi with a nervous laugh.

"What did you do now unnie?" said Namjoo, somehow not surprised.

"Okay listen, I found a crane machine and there was still some change left in a pocket so I thought maybe I'll just waste it on the game. But because I still couldn't get that damn toy after two tries, I sneakily used my thunder powers and forced the machine to take it. It's midnight so I thought no one was around. But the moment I turned around, there was a child staring at me. I literally just ran away after that. I think we're busted unnie. I think we need to leave the island now." said Bomi, catching her breath.

"Ah...you pabo..." sighed Chorong.

"It's okay unnie. It's just a kid. He or she probably thought that it was just a dream or something.. Don't worry. Come on, let's eat!" said Eunji as she searched the plastic bags, elated to find that Bomi successfully managed to buy a can of beer. With a cheeky smile, she opened the can of beer.

"UNNIE YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DRINK THAT! YOU'RE NOT TWENTY YET!" shouted Namjoo, upon hearing the hiss of the gas.

"Wow, can I drink it too unnie?" smiled Hayoung in interest, heading to Eunji's side.

"Unnie, stop her!" said Namjoo holding onto Naeun, hoping that she would be able to stop them. But instead, the older girl just laughed as if wanting to see what happens when Eunji consumes beer for the first time.

"Should I hit you or should I kick you Bom-ah?" said Chorong with a creepy smile.

"Uh....how about a kiss instead?" laughed Bomi.

"Uh guys, the meat is burning." said Naeun as everyone else was caught up in their own distractions.

"MY MEAT!!!!" shouted Bomi and Namjoo in unison as they both dashed to the grill, taking it out in a flash.

Indeed, whenever the six fairies were gathered together, it was sure to create such a noisy ruckus. It was a good decision that they moved out of Seoul and out into Jeju Island, where they could no longer disturb anyone and be their free, usual selves.

The Fairies who carried the will of hope, The Fairies whom the goddesses put their trust and belief in, will these six really make a change in the world? Will there be a new enemy? Will something surprise them out of the ordinary? Will they be able to find the reincarnated versions of the goddesses?

 

Perhaps, time can only tell otherwise of what awaits them in the future.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"There is a famous legendary tale on Jeju Island about the strange lady who controls the powers of thunder. A lady who looked very beautiful just like how an actual fairy would be and was described as the protector of the island, defending it from heavy thunderstorms and natural disasters. There is a saying that she only walks around the island at night and if you manage to see her, good luck has shone upon you."

 

 

 

 

 

But of course, that was not how the actual story was told.

 

In fact, no one really knew whether Jeju Island was protected by a heavenly power or some sort.

 

All they knew was, voices of young woman laughing in the middle of the night,

 

Which was the beginning of famous Jeju Island ghost stories.

 

No one had an idea that those voices, belonged the six, sacred fairies.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[END OF CHAPTER 16]

 

 

 

 

A/N: By carrying on the will of the goddesses, the fairies have chosen to live on happily as wished. But is this really a happy ending that they wanted? Stay tuned for an afterstory chapter! Thank you for reading and do share your thoughts, sorry if there were too many things happening and it felt a little confusing haha~ I will update soon so keep on a lookout! :)