The Plan

Fairies

 

"A-A war?!" said Bomi surprised and wondered whether they were joking.

"Hey, wait a minute. Unnie, you said that you would help us escape in exchange for something. That something is this?!" said Namjoo shocked at the price they had to pay.

"They had already been planning this all along. In fact, they wanted to start hundreds of years ago but that was when, the original five fairies passed on. They have been waiting very patiently for the reincarnations to appear. Listen to what they have to say." whispered Chorong to the two fairies. Judging from the tone of the Fire Fairy, it seemed that she respected the goddesses a lot and wanted them to do the same as well.

"As you know, we are the nine goddesses. It's funny how we're now written down in history books as if we're some kind of legend. Anyways, I'm Taeyeon, that's Tiffany, Yuri, Yoona and Seohyun over there. The other two Sooyoung and Hyoyeon, they're at Europe right now so it'll take a while before they come back to Korea."

"But wait, that only makes up eight of you. What about the ninth?" asked Namjoo innocently.

The goddesses stared at each other for a moment, as if wondering whether to spill it or not.

"She....didn't make it." said Seohyun carefully.

"Ah....I understand....Sorry for asking...." said Namjoo as she quickly apologized and bowed.

"Don't be sorry, it's normal." smiled Yoona.

"You wanna go the long story way or the short story way?" asked Taeyeon as she looked at the girls.

"Short story way. I feel like I might fall asleep halfway," said Bomi bluntly with all honesty.

"Alright then." said Taeyeon with a laugh.

"For many centuries, we served under the Almighty as the once, powerful nine goddesses who created an order and balance between Earth, Heaven and Hell. We went through a lot of battles together and prevented big disasters from happening that is until....me and Tiffany fell in love. It's when we realised how falling in love does affect our powers. Those tsunamis, earthquakes and what not that you see on the news, that's probably us. That's why, they implemented a ridiculous law to not fall in love. But, they only did that because the Almighty was afraid." explained Taeyeon.

"Afraid? Afraid of what?" asked Bomi.

"Love makes us stronger. The more we fall deeper in love, the more powerful our powers become."

"That explains why Eunji and Naeun unnie...." said Namjoo in thought.

"Exactly. To sum it all up, we are gathering a powerful team to fight against Heaven. Well actually, against the Great Almighty. Of course, it sounds like mission impossible but we have to. Our only aim is to force him to break the rules, erase our sentence of our exile and let us back into Heaven again. Not only that, we want the rules to be changed, our style. The rules are completely ridiculous. That's our plan. We're sick of living in Earth for the past 500 years. We've seen too many things down here. It's about time we head back home." explained Taeyeon as she took a sip from her cup.

"So, are you in?" asked Tiffany.

Chorong then glanced at Bomi and Namjoo.

"It's your choice unnie." whispered Namjoo.

"No, it's yours. I already have my answer since the beginning." replied Chorong.

"We will follow whatever that you say unnie." said Bomi.

"I'm sure Eunji unnie, Naeun unnie and Hayoung would say the same too." said Namjoo.

"Very well." said Chorong as she turned back to look at Taeyeon who waited for their answer.

"We'll do it, unnies." smiled the Fire Fairy.

"Wonderful. Welcome to the team., dearest Fairies." said Taeyeon with a relieved smile.

"Now, I'm sure all of you must be tired from what happened just now. Please head upstairs and take a rest. We'll start discussing once all of you are ready." said Tiffany to which the girls agreed and did as they were told. Heading to the second floor of the underground bar, there were three small rooms each with two single beds at the side. With a small window at the side, it gave a small breath of air that reminded them of home and how the world smelled like. It was certainly comforting to be back home.

As Namjoo carefully opened into one of the room, she saw Hayoung sleeping soundly as if she had no care of the world. She looked so peaceful and it made the older girl smile in relief knowing that she was here, safe from any harm. 

"I'll go and sleep first unnies. Have a good rest." smiled Namjoo as she entered and closed the door behind, leaving Chorong and Bomi along the corridor.

"Then, I'll go and rest first Bom-ah." said Chorong as she proceeded to walk to the far end where the last room was located. But before she could even start to move, Bomi suddenly grabbed hold of her hands.

"Unnie."

"What?"

"We need to talk."

"Alright. I also have something that I wanted to talk to you. Come." said Chorong, gaining her courage after she remembered what Hoya told her. Pulling her hand, she brought Bomi to the rooftop. Apparently, the entire building was owned by the goddesses. The basement level was the bar, first level was a temporary hotel that was no longer in service, second level was a common room area where the goddesses would gather and chill and lastly, was the wide, empty rooftop that was accompanied with the night view of the Seoul city.

"Wow, it's already autumn. It's getting colder here." said Bomi as she looked around, wanting to take in every single sight as she missed home while rubbing her hands.

"Bomi-ya, I just want to ask you something."

"Go ahead."

"Are you angry at me?"

"For what?" said Bomi, flustered.

"I mean....I just left you to the guards and didn't even try to protect you.....I didn't even tell you what was going on and you were suddenly sentenced to jail......aren't you mad?" said Chorong carefully while expressing the words she wanted to say.

"Unnie, you idiot." said Bomi with a smile as she gently pushed her forehead.

"W-What?" said Chorong surprised as she touched her forehead shyly.

"It's not your fault. I know what I did wrong even though it's not supposed to be wrong. In fact, I should be asking you if you're still mad at me. Boy, I can still remember that scary glare you gave me. It really sends chills down my spine. You were like this." said Bomi as she imitated Chorong's glare that only made the Fire Fairy burst into laughter. Just seeing her smile again, made Bomi happy too.

"So was that what you wanted to talk about? Whether I'm angry at you?" asked Bomi.

"No...there's still one more question....." said Chorong as she suddenly got shy, thinking about what she was supposed to say. It was difficult and embarassing at the same time, she had never done a confession before in her thousand years of life. Moving her arms around and avoiding eye contact with the Thunder Fairy, her heart started to pound rapidly.

"Unnie, are you okay? Do you want me to start first?" asked Bomi in worry, noticing the girl's sudden change in behavior.

"O-Okay...you go first then...."

"Alright." smiled Bomi as she walked closer to the girl.

"I don't care what happens anymore. I'm just going to say whatever. I can't believe Eunji already beat me to it." mumbled Bomi to herself.

"What nonsense are you talking now?" said Chorong as she giggled.

"It's not nonsense unnie! I'm being serious now! I'm seriously gonna say it!" said Bomi with a pout.

"Then say it." smiled Chorong.

"Unnie, you know how we're no longer in Heaven now. This means that we're free." said Bomi to which Chorong nodded.

"That means we don't need to follow the rules anymore. We no longer need to worry about getting caught or having our memories erased. We can do whatever we want!"

"So......?" asked Chorong blankly, not understanding what Bomi meant.

"I'm saying, let's date." 

"Huh?"

"Let's date!"

The Fire Fairy stared at her with a confused expression.

"Date? From what I know, a date is a type of fruit that is red in colour and it's sweet." replied Chorong in a daze.

"Ah....I forgot.....You're not from Earth so you wouldn't know about these terms....." sighed Bomi as she hit her own forehead.

"Try to rephrase it in my language Bom-ah...."

"I'm saying, let's be together forever! Chorong unnie, I like you!" said Bomi out loud.

"M-M-Me? Like as in.....you're in love with me?" asked Chorong, wondering if she was in a dream.

"Yeah, I am. I'm totally in love with you. Like the moment you saved me from those girls at the arcade, my heart pounded like crazy you have no idea how it feels. And also whenever you're around Teacher Hoya, I get mad for no reason. That's when I realised unnie, I'm in love with you. It doens't really matter what your answer is unnie, maybe you have someone you like but I'll always-" before Bomi could even continue her sentence, the Fire Fairy suddenly grabbed her cheeks and pecked her lips. Surprised at her sudden actions, in a split second Chorong quickly pulled back as her face was as red as a tomato.

"W-W-What did I just do? I....I....." stuttered Chorong completely surprised at her actions that happened unconciously.

"What you just did is a kiss unnie. Let me show you how to do it properly." smiled Bomi as she gently held her cheeks and kissed her. With one kiss, their hearts beat faster and they could feel their powers elevating. It was a complicated feeling on another level. As the Fire and Thunder Fairy shared their lips, a sudden spark lit up in the sky. It was not an ordinary yellow thunder. It was a thunder that possessed a bright-ruby colour. In the middle of the black night sky, was a ruby spark that painted the clouds as the two fairies shared their first kiss underneath.

 

 

~X~

 

 

The next morning had arrived, the goddesses had went out to do their own things leaving behind Seohyun to look after the still-sleeping fairies. As she flipped over the newspaper, she almost choked on her coffee upon reading the headline. It read as "Dormant volcano in Indonesia suddenly erupts after a fierce thunderstorm" 

"Oh dear, I see what they've been doing last night...." sighed Seohyun as she gently wiped with a napkin.

It was then, she could hear someone coming up the stairs. It was Hayoung.

"Good morning dear. There's food available at the counter over there if you're hungry." smiled Seohyun. As she looked at the girl, it reminded of how she used to be long time ago, as the youngest member in the team. Although now, she was happy because she had younger sisters that she could take care of.

"Um...where's Yuri unnie?" mumbled Hayoung as she scratched her hair.

"She went out for work. She'll be back soon, don't worry."

"I see.......so did Chorong unnie say yes to the plan?" asked Hayoung.

"Yup she did. It's just like what you said Hayoung-ssi." said Seohyun, still speaking mannerly even to someone younger than her.

"Anyways unnie, I'm just going to take this....and this.....and this downstairs to eat. Enjoy your coffee!" smiled Hayoung with a bow with her arms full with packages of bread as she headed back downstairs to the room where she was sharing with Namjoo.

"Looks like Yoona and Sooyoung unnie are going to have some competition...." mumbled Seohyun to herself.

As Hayoung returned back to her room, she gently pulled the blanket over Namjoo, making sure that it doesn't go out of place as she placed the bread packages onto her bed. Busily sorting out the different flavours, she divided them and took the other half to Eunji and Naeun's room. Carefully opening the door and peeking through, the girl was surprised to see Eunji awake as she sat up on her bed and stared blankly at the wall.

"Unnie. Eunji unnie! Are you alright?" whispered Hayoung through the small opening. But instead, Eunji signalled her to come in and even tapped onto her bed, asking her to sit on her bed. Like an obedient daughter, Hayoung quietly entered the room and sat down wondering what was up with her. But instead, the moment she sat down, she was greeted with a warm embrace.

"Eunji unnie....you're going to crush the bread..." 

"Is that the first thing you're going to say?" said Eunji as she broke into her Busan accent, still not letting go.

"But no one likes to eat flat breads...."

"Stop talking about bread. Gosh, I'm glad that you're all right. Are the other's fine? Where are we?" 

"How about you let me go first, I want to save the bread."

"Fine....." said Eunji with a pout as she removed her arms, allowing Hayoung to be free as she then, placed the bread next to her.

"These are for you and Naeun unnie to eat. Oh and it's going to be a long story if I tell you now so let's wait until Naeun unnie wakes up but wait......" said Hayoung as she stared in her eyes.

"What?"

"Are you alright? Nothing happened to your memory right? Like you know who I am? You know Naeun unnie right?"

"Yeah.....why are you saying that...?" asked Eunji with a straight face.

"Oh wait, they erase memories of them falling in love with each other. I forgot. Crap." thought Hayoung as she rephrased her question.

"I mean, you still love Naeun unnie right?"

"Sure I do. I love you too Hayoung-ah, don't worry." smiled Eunji.

"No Eunji unnie, that's not what I meant. I'm talking about romantic feelings towards her like-"

"I know. I'm just playing around with you Hayoung-ah." said Eunji with a laugh.

"UNNIE HOW COULD YOU-" said Hayoung out loud but Eunji quickly covered and placed a finger over her lip as the still-asleep Naeun turned to her side.

"So you mean, you're totally fine. Like really?" whispered Hayoung.

"Of course. I can still remember getting strapped to the chair and talking to Naeun. She was crying and I told her not to worry. Now I hope nothing happened to her." 

"I'm sure she'll be fine unnie. After all, that scientist guy kinda helped us."

"What? That bastard?"

"Unnie!"

"Why are you getting so offended for?"

"I tell you the whole story later but....he's a good guy......"

"Hayoung-ah....." said Eunji as she stared at her.

"Please don't fall in love with that old man. I really think there are better men out there who deserve you but like-"

"UNNIE THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!"

"Shush you fool!" whispered Eunji as she used her two palms to cover Hayoung's mouth.

"You two are really noisy....." mumbled Naeun. Immediately, the two girls turned their heads towards the Ice Fairy like meerkats.

"Naeun unnie......are you okay? Do you know who I am? Do you know who's Eunji? Oh wait, why am I saying that i mean do you love-" before Hayoung could continue, Eunji covered again.

"Don't listen to her Naeun-ah. Just continue sleeping." smiled Eunji as she then faced Hayoung with a smirk.

"I'll handle that. Anyways, thank you for the bread, you may leave now."

"Wow, okay I see where this is going....fine....fine unnie......fine...." pouted Hayoung, knowing what Eunji meant as she left the room and shut the door tight, leaving the two girls alone.

With the maknae out of the room, The Nature Fairy was finally free to do what she wanted do. Gently climbing onto Naeun's bed, the girl carefully caressed her hair and looked at her sleeping face. Staring at her chubby yet swollen cheeks, she was tempted to pinch it but didn't want to wake her up. For awhile, she just stared at her with a smile.

It was at that moment, all of the sudden Naeun lifted her head up and kissed Eunji who was looking directly at her. Surprised by the sudden action, it made the Nature Fairy even happier and relieved.

"Looks like your memories didn't get erased." said Eunji with a smile as wide as her face.

"I remember everything unnie. There was nothing that I had to worry about in the beginning." said Naeun as she opened her eyes.

"I told you since the beginning. At least now, we don't need to start all over again." said Eunji as she proceeded to climb onto the bed and laid right next to her, staring deep into Naeun's eyes. The two were in their own world, happy and glad that they rescued just in time. Their memories didn't get erased and now, they could continue their love from where they started.

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

Hayoung headed back to her room after paying a visit to Chorong and Bomi who also, subtly rejected her after recieving her bread. Obviously, they wanted their own time too and the maknae felt sad being ignored by her unnies who didn't really want her attention at that moment. With heavy steps, she opened the door and found Namjoo wide awake and already eating the food.

"Wow unnie, you already finished three and you're still eating?" said Hayoung as she looked at the empty plastic all over her bread.

"HAYOUNG-AH~~" said Namjoo as she flew herself towards the maknae, arms tightly wrapped around hers while she still had bread in .

"Woah unnie, calm down! You almost made me fall there!" said Hayoung, holding onto the door to withstand the sudden weight on her body.

"You had me worried when you suddenly asked us to leave without you. But someone rescued you and I'm glad that you're safe. You even brought me food to eat, ah you're such a sweet maknae. I should do something to make you happy." said Namjoo as she checked Hayoung, making sure that she was unhurt.

"It's okay unnie. Just eat up." smiled Hayoung as she gently tore off one part of the bread that was in Namjoo's mouth and placed it into .

"HEY THAT'S MINE!" 

"YOU HAVE LIKE FIVE OTHER BREAD OVER THERE, LET ME EAT!"

As the two began to bicker about, the crystal that Hayoung kept in her pocket suddenly fell out. With a loud thud onto the flat ground, the two girls stopped and stared.

"What's that?" asked Namjoo.

"Ah, this. That scientist guy gave it to me." said Hayoung as she picked it up.

"Hayoung-ah, you shouldn't simply take things from a stranger. What if it's a weapon? What if it's some tracker and Heaven knows where we are?" said Namjoo in worry.

"Unnie~ I'm not that stupid. It's not. This crystal showed me the way to escape and then, Yuri unnie found me and brought me to the portal. Now that I think of it, Yuri unnie is really cool. I want to become like her." said Hayoung as she smoothly changed the topic of the crystal to the goddess, Yuri.

"Oh so you're going to stick with Yuri unnie now? I'm not needed anymore?" said Namjoo with a pout.

"What are you saying unnie? I didn't mean it in that way like you're you, Yuri unnie is Yuri unnie. Wow, don't tell me....you're jealous now?" said Hayoung as she crossed her arms and tilted her head with a smirk.

"N-No, I mean yes wait, no I'm not!" sulked Namjoo.

"Okay then. I'm gonna head outside and find Yuri unnie. I want her to teach me." smirked Hayoung as she wanted to .

"Where do you think you're going without me?" 

"You said you're not jealous so why are you behaving like that unnie?" smiled Hayoung.

"Hah, you're mumbling nonsense now. You're the maknae so I can't just let you wander around the streets alone."

"And why is that? I'm not a baby."

"YOU ARE SIXTEEN YEARS OLD YOUNG GIRL"

"And you're seventeen, that does not make any difference." teased Hayoung.

"D-Don't talk back to your unnie!"

"I didn't do anything. Anyways, I'm going to find Yuri unnie." said Hayoung as she opened the door but Namjoo held her hand.

"Wait Hayoung-ah!"

"What now, unnie?"

"Okay, fine. You win. I admit it. I am jealous." 

"I knew it." 

"It's because....."

"Because of...?" 

"Because I like you! Wait- I mean-"

Hayoung froze as her eyes went wide open, not sure what to react or feel to her sudden confession.

"No, I mean- I like you as my sister! You're like my younger sister so that's why I feel jealous because I want to be the only one to take care of you!" said Namjoo quickly rephrasing her sentence, hoping that her slip of tongue was not caught on.

"Ah....I see. That makes sense. Anyways, I'm heading out. I still have to pull the unnies up from their bed, it's getting late." said Hayoung with a smile, awkwardly avoiding eye contact as she went out and closed the door behind her. Namjoo sighed in relief. She was afraid of the maknae finding out her actual feelings, she wasn't ready to accept her answer. She was not prepared yet to face her love of her life. Almost breaking out in cold sweat, the Water Fairy sat down on her bed and quickly gobbled up her last pieces of bread to relieve her still-pounding heart. 

 

 

~X~

 

 

Soon, Hayoung managed to get all the fairies up and ready. Like an obedient child, she gathered all of them in the common room at the third floor as they waited for the goddesses to return from their journey. With Bomi still half-asleep and nodding halfway, the six fairies were glad to see each other again. Chorong who kept apologizing for leaving them behind was relieved because her members threatened her to not say sorry again otherwise they would kick her out. She was thankful that they still trusted in her even though the burden of a leader was still, very heavy. As the girls chattered and bickered about, goddess Seohyun quietly read her book in a corner. Indeed, the noise reminded her so much of her noisy seven unnies who would do the same. Perhaps there really was a similarity with the goddesses and fairies.

It was then, the door opened and they were finally here. Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yuri and Yoona went out in the morning to shop for groceries and later got distracted by autumn fashion sales along the way, almost forgetting that they had something important to do. With a rush, they finally reached home where the fairies were waiting for them. After all, they had to start their actions quickly before Heaven notices their location. While explaining the entire story to Eunji and Naeun who were a little blur to where they were, they finally understood the situation and agreed to the plan as well.

"Since we're all in the same boat, we need to start preparing for the war. Obviously, we aren't just gonna charge in like that." said Taeyeon.

"There's only thirteen of us. We need to gather more reinforcements that's why, we have to convince the others to join us." said Tiffany.

"Others?" asked Eunji.

"A lot of people defected from Heaven, clearly because they were not happy with how the system worked. The Great Almighty is still not aware of how we're able to secretly go in and out of Heaven but it won't be long before he finds out. We will be seperating into teams in search of these four reliable knights. Well, I mean the four gods." explained Yuri.

"We need some masculine power around." joked Taeyeon.

"Anyways, we'll be seperating into three teams. I've contacted Sooyoung and Hyoyeon to collect the other god on their way since he's at Europe. So, the order will be like this. Me, Taeyeon, Chorong and Bomi will be one team. Let's just call it Team A to make it easier. Team B will be Yuri, Namjoo and Hayoung while Team C will be the remaining four of you, Yoona, Seohyun, Eunji and Naeun. Got it?" explained Tiffany to which the fairies nodded obediently.

"Team A will be heading to Chuncheon, Team B will be positioned here in Seoul while Team C, you're lucky. Have fun in Busan." smiled Taeyeon.

"Wait, Busan? That's my hometown. What a concidence!" said Eunji with a grin.

"Get ready everyone, we'll head off soon. We can't waste any time. Just follow your leaders of the team and you'll be fine." smiled Taeyeon as she trusted that her members would do well to guide the fairies who were like babies in their eyes.

With a little thrill and excitement, the fairies were ready to take on a mission in search of these four gods who seemed to be important winning factor against their war with Heaven. Although the six were going to be seperated, this allowed them time to be familiar with the goddesses who beared a teacher-figure and was able to teach them to be stronger along the way.

 

 

 

 

[END OF CHAPTER 13]

 

 

 

A/N: Chomi are finally together and 2eun are completely fine with no memory loss, now if only Hajoo would make a move. What will happen with the fairies who will now be seperated from each other in order to find the four gods? This chapter is rather light-hearted and is a short break from the intense things that happened previously. Thank you for reading and do share your thoughts of what you think will happen next! Updates will be slower than usual as I'm experiencing a writer's block >_< Apologies..