A Winter Story

Delivery Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 2015

 

Warmth that transfer to my fingertips

Your gaze that looks only at me

Like a white sweater, it warmly

embraced me

 

Soohyun wanted to get her Byulyi unnie a nice present for her birthday, so, she enlisted the help of the people she was closest to.

"Thanks for helping me out, unnies."

"It's no problem, Soohyunie!" chirped Wheein, hugging her and happily rubbing her cheek against Soohyun's before letting her go.

"Of course I'd help my cute dongsaeng!" Solar affectionately mussed up her hair.

"I did say you could call me whenever you needed me, little lamb." Hwasa teasingly held her face in between her hands for a few seconds.

"R-right." Soohyun cleared , trying to make her blush subside.

"Aww~"

"Aigoo~ uri Soohyun-ah's blushing~"

"So cute~"

Judging by her unnies' cooing, she failed.

"Anyway! It's nice to have unnies help me get Byulyi unnie a good present. I'm not sure what to give her."

"A ."

"Or a y dance."

Soohyun felt her face explode nuclear red. She couldn't-

"Actually, I'd want one too."

"Me too."

Hwasa and Wheein let their imaginations wander, erted expressions appearing on their faces.

"Yah!" Solar quickly put a stop to it, smacking the back of their heads.

"Ow!"

"That hurt!"

"Good! That's what you two get for saying dirty things in front of our dongsaeng here!" Solar reprimanded them, holding a still steaming Soohyun protectively.

Yongsun unnie... Soohyun looked to the eldest unnie, admiration sparkling in her eyes.

That's right, Soohyun-ah. You can count on your Yongdonie!

"Oh? Coming from the craziest byuntae on our team?" Hwasa commented, one fine brow raised.

"Don't act like you wouldn't like one yourself, Yeba unnie." Wheein added with a sage nod.

"I wouldn't-" Solar spluttered, face turning red, trying to regain her composure. "It's not like I imagined Soohyun-ah wearing a white button up, high waisted shorts, and choker! On a chair! Dancing to Beyonce's Dance for You! Nope! Not me!"

Soohyun gave her a blank stare. You too, unnie? Her MAMAMOO unnies' ersion had no bounds, truly. With a heavy sigh, Soohyun slipped out of Solar's loose hold.

"How specific, Yeba unnie..."

"Ha ha ha! What a crazy byuntae!" 

"Shut up! That dance is super y!"

Hwasa and Wheein huddled near their leader as she pulled up the video on her phone.

"Never mind, I'll shop for Byulyi unnie's present myself." Soohyun muttered, walking away from the three beagles who were raptly watching the dance cover. The video ended soon after.

"Yep. This is the perfect present for us- Byulyi unnie, I mean."

"We'll just be the audience, yeah."

"Soohyunie~ we found the perf-"

They finally noticed the absence of their precious Soohyunie/Soohyun-ah.

"Soohyun-ah! Wait for unnie!"

"You don't even have to spend money for this present, Soohyunie!"

"We're thinking of your expenses, Soohyunie! Really!"

They nipped after her heels like puppies begging for attention. 

"I'm not dancing that!"

The kitten was having none of it, making them chase after her to the bus stop.

 

In the streets, the lights that contain the season

My heart is beating in excitement

Winter that has come quickly is like you

You came to me at the end of a tiring day

It's so warm

Like a child waiting for the first snow

It snows on top of my uplifted heart

 

Once at the mall, the plan was to split up into pairs and meet up at the food court later.

Before Wheein or Solar could make so much of a word, Hwasa swooped in and led Soohyun away. They were very much pouting over the loss of their desired mall-buddy.

"We'll see you two later. Stay warm!" Hwasa gave them a small wave, smug grin in place.

"See you, unnies." Soohyun's wave was just as small, but decidedly shy and sweet.

"Take care of uri Soohyun-ah!"

"Don't get Soohyunie sick, Hyejin!"

Without turning back, Hwasa just gave a nonchalant waving gesture. Both heaving a sigh (and thoughts of next time), they wandered off to an electronics shop first. They needed to get Moonbyul a present too.

"What would be a good present for Byulyi unnie?" Soohyun asked as she browsed through some shirts.

"Honestly, she'd like anything you get her, little lamb. Like a y dance." teased Hwasa, getting Soohyun to blush and hit her in response.

"Unnie~ stop with the dance thing.."

"Sorry, just wanted to see Soohyunie's blushing face again." She wasn't the least bit sorry.

Soohyun crossed her arms with a huff, Hwasa pinching her cheek with a laugh. They left the store after finding nothing of interest, though Hwasa did end up buying a few things. Two of which were a pair of matching gloves.

"Did you get Byulyi unnie gloves?" Soohyun asked when she saw

 Hwasa taking them out of the bag and ripping off the tags.

"No, I got her the sweater. These are for me and you." Hwasa replied, slipping her's on.

"Huh?"

"Can you give me your hands, Soohyunie?" Though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter