Pepero Song

Delivery Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

November 2015

 

You're right here

within my arm's reach

Right here in front of me

You're probably wondering

why I'm not saying anything

But I just can't say anything

 

"Now can Soohyun-ah sing for me? You promised me a song..."

"I did no such thing, unnie. And that was 9 months ago. Can't you let it go?"

"No! Being a temporary barista wasn't enough! I want Soohyun-ah as temporary singer too!" She knew she was being annoyingly insistent, but this was her way of helping her unconfident dongsaeng get over her stage fright.

Too bad aforementioned dongsaeng didn't see it as that.

"Can't I just be a barista again? I think I got the hang of making coffee."

"You did. But my singer will be running late that day, and it's Pepero Day!"

"Can't unnie wait 'til she gets to the cafe?"

"No way! The few minutes at the beginning can't be silent! I need Soohyun-ah to help set the lovey dovey mood from the start."

"... just one song?"

"Just one. I won't bother Soohyun-ah about this again."

"... fine." 

"Thanks Soohyun-ah! Unnie owes you!" She meant for this to happen back in February, but better late than never. She practically skipped out of the apartment, MAMAMOO giving her strange looks as she passed by, before they themselves skipped over to Soohyun's door.

"Soohyun-ah!"

"Soohyunie!"

"Oh! Hi unnies." Soohyun let them in, thankful for the distraction from thoughts of her upcoming performance.

Until their grabby hands came into play.

 

Oh, because of you, now I can't hide my feelings

But looking into your eyes, my mind goes blank

My poor love

How much I wanted to hold your hands

and walk along the gleaming sands

Do you know why I'm like this?

It's because I like you

 

Pepero Day was just around the corner, and the beagles really wanted to give their adorable dongsaeng some pepero. Not just any old box of pepero from the store, but homemade ones filled with love. So, they all convened at Hwasa's apartment to make some together.

And possibly ruin each other's attempts while doing so, *cough*.

Anyway, things were going well when Hwasa started melting the chocolate they needed.

"We should go to noraebang with Soohyunie again. Last time was fun!"

"Yeah, I remember outsinging all of you."

"Nuh uh! Soohyun-ah totally paid attention to me the most!"

"Did we even get to sing with Soohyun-ah last time?"

The beagles were quiet for a moment, recalling their tumultuous noraebang group date.

"I just remember Soohyun-ah asking for drinks..."

"I don't think she sung a single note..."

"And whose fault was that?! You all kept hogging the mics!"

"Oh ho, it's not like you ever shared your mic!"

They were even more determined now to get a solo noraebang date with the shy kitten, with the new goal of getting to hear her singing voice and sing duets with her.

Soohyun felt a strange chill in her best friend's apartment. She shrugged it off before going back to decorating her pepero laid out on the counter, practicing the song she promised her unnie all the while.

After about an hour, the beagles decided to call their object of affection as they started decorating their treats. Solar put her phone on speaker so that everyone could hear. After a few minutes of ringing, Soohyun finally picked up.

"Hello? Unnie?" Her voice came through, slightly hoarse, immediately causing them to worry.

"Soohyun-ah, gwenchana?"

"You don't sound so good, Soohyunie."

"Does Soohyunie need unnie to come over?"

"Aigoo, what's got our pretty dongsaeng sick?"

"I'm fine, Yongsun unnie. Just need some water, Hyejin unnie. And I'm not home right now, Wheein unnie. I'm not sick either, Byulyi unnie, but thank you for the concern." Soohyun was quick to reassure them.

They dropped the issue, although something was very familiar about Soohyun's hoarse throat. It was kind of like when they lose their voices after hours of singing.

"Aww, I wanted to visit you~" Wheein pouted.

"So where's the little lamb at?" Hwasa then asked what they all wanted to know.

"I'm at a good friend's-"

"You mean best friend, Soohyun!" They heard another voice loudly correct her.

"Mian, I'm at my best friend's place." She amended with a sigh. "Better, Hayi?"

"Much."

"Hayi-ssi sounds fun." Solar commented, she could tell that this Hayi-ssi and Soohyun-ah had a close bond.

"Among other things- yah!" Lee Hi hip checked Soohyun away from her phone.

"Kamsamhamnida! Lee Hayi imnida, Soohyun talks a lot about her MAMAMOO unnies."

That caught the beagles' interest immediately.

"MAMAMOO imnida, nice talking to you, Hayi-ssi." They returned her greeting. "We're big fans."

"I'm a big fan of yours too."

"So what's Soohyun-ah told you about us?" Moonbyul asked with a cheeky smile, her members leaning closer t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter