Little by Little

Delivery Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 2016

 

I'm avoiding you in case you hear my pounding heart

But I can't hide that I miss you

No matter what page you turn to in the diary inside my head

It's only you, a secret that only I know

 

"I haven't been to your place in a while, Soohyun-ah."

"It has been a long time, huh?"

"I can't wait to see Garfield-ah again." She always envied that Soohyun had a pet waiting at home for her, whereas her apartment was lonely.

Partway through the hall, they heard a group of voices chatting excitedly. Four of which were very distinct and familiar to Soohyun, much to her rapidly growing distress.

Oh no!

"What the-"

Without any warning, Soohyun suddenly dragged Hayi towards the elevator as someone stepped off of it, frantically mashing the close button just as she caught sight of the beagles she was trying to avoid.

"Someone was in a rush." Someone commented. As the elevator doors closed, Soohyun caught sight of her MAMAMOO unnies with Red Velvet's Irene, Seulgi, and Wendy.

Just in time, she breathed a heavy sigh of relief, heart pounding.

"That was them, wasn't it?"

"What?"

"I didn't know that what I said would rattle you so much, Soohyun."

"Unnies are coming back tomorrow."

"From Thailand, right?"

"Mmhmm. They just texted me that they wanted to catch up over lunch."

"If they give you any Thai snacks, save me some. Especially if it's candy."

"Ayy~ why would I do that?"

"Because you love me~"

"Fine~"

"Hope you enjoy your date tomorrow."

"W-w-what?!" She spit out her drink, a blush quickly forming on her face."It isn't a date! I'm just hanging out with the unnies."

"Exactly. It counts."

"It doesn't! We're hanging out as a group!"

"Ah, right. It's another one of your unconventional group date things."

"What do you mean another?!?"

"Well, they all like you and you like them too. Although... I'm still unsure on who it is you like more, Soohyun. People who like each other spending time together alone, isn't that a date?"

Suddenly a lot of their actions and words had a deeper meaning behind them, and her heart churned like nothing before at the realization-

Yongsun unnie, Byulyi unnie, Wheein unnie, Hyejin unnie... like like me... and... I like like them back...

They got a text from Soohyun the following morning that she couldn't hang out with them because she was sick. The beagles couldn't get home fast enough, all wanting to help take care of their sick kitten. They were greeted with a post it note on her door that said she needed some time for herself.

Respecting her request, they slinked away from the door with their heads down. They would just have to miss their precious dongsaeng for a while longer.

"Get well, Soohyunie/Soohyun-ah." Their concern was palpable, even to Soohyun who was peeking from behind her door. She felt terrible for lying to them.

"I-it didn't." Even she couldn't convince herself of that.

"Right... which is why you've been going out of your way to avoid them the past week?"

"..." She looked down.

Hayi let out a tired sigh. "Look, even if they like you, they're still your friends. And they're worried sick and miss you. And I know you miss them a lot, too."

"... but how could unnies..? I'm just... I don't know what to do..." She was pulled into a comforting hug, wrapping her arms tighter around Hayi's back in response.

"I can't answer for them, Hyunie. But what you will do, is quit playing sick and talk to them again. Go from there."

"Okay... I can do that."

"Course you can." Hayi pat her on the head for assurance. "You owe me candy." She added bluntly.

"I know."

 

When every little thing of you builds up inside of me

My heart gets more busy, woah

The sky dazzles as if it doesn't know the dark night 

I can't sleep at the thought of you, woah

Give a little little more love, give a little little more time

Little things about you are so big to me 

The wind blows past my cheeks

my heart churns because of you

It keeps softly blowing, you shake up my world

This feeling is probably love, love, love

 

"We should hang out again soon."

"It was fun."

"See you later, unnies."

There was lots of hugs exchanged before Solar could close the door.

"It's always nice to see Seulgi-yah and the others."

"It really is."

"I wonder how Soohyunie is doing..." Wheein brought up quietly, bringing the mood down. Their moods have been this way for a week now after Soohyun cut off any sort of contact with them. They so desperately wanted to see her after being away for so long, even a text would be enough!

Really, they just wanted their little kitten by their sides.

"I'm sure she's resting well, and we'll get to see her soon once she's better." Solar said optimistically, trying to cheer her members up, even if she felt much the same.

There was a knocking on the door.

"Did they forget something?" Being as she was the one standing up, Solar was delegated to answer the door. "Irene-" Whatever she was about to say escaped her once she saw just who was standing in front of her.

"Hey unnie." Soohyun gave a meek greeting, awkwardly shuffling her feet. "Can I come in?"

"O-of course!" Solar stepped aside, Soohyun moving past her, their hands slightly brushing, the familiar tingling going to both their fingertips.

Now that she was aware of what that feeling was, Soohyun was all the more bashful, face turning pink. "Long time no see, Byulyi unnie, Wheein unnie, Hyejin unnie." She greeted the rest once they came into view.

"Soohyun-ah..."

"Soohyunie..."

They looked similarly gobsmacked as their leader did.

Unused to her unnies silence, as they were typically a rowdy extra bunch, Soohyun cleared . "Sorry I didn't call or text back, I was..." She trailed off, unsure of how to explain herself. "*sigh* I really missed you all... a lot." She had to tell them that at least, because it was true.

That was all it took to break the ice.

Solar felt her eyes water out of relief and more, Wheein was shaking out of pent up sadness and a sudden surge of happiness, Moonbyul felt all her tension leave her frame and her hands twitched, and Hwasa's stoic facade fell away, replaced by a warm demeanor.

"Soohyun-ah!"

"Soohyunie!"

"Gah!"

The beagles tackled her to the floor in their joy and excitement, nuzzling their faces against her face, neck, s, or stomach. 

"Unnies stop it! That tickles!"

"Oh? What's this?"

"Is uri Soohyun-ah ticklish?"

"Ha ha ha! Aniyo~"

"Ayy~ you don't have to lie to your loving unnies, now..."

"Tickle punishment!"

"Unnies!" She was at their mercy and Solar's apartment was filled with happy laughter a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter