Bodyguard Kim?

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 6- Bodyguard Kim?

“Waaaahhhhh! Kimchi fried rice for lunch! My favourite!” Seokmin exclaimed, drooling over the food that was placed on the dining table in front of them. “Wonwoo hyung! Aren’t you joining us for lunch? Hurry before Seokmin hyung finishes everything!” Chan shouted towards the stairs. Upon hearing Chan’s voice, Wonwoo smiled, crinkling his nose. With the help of Mingyu, he hobbled down the stairs into the kitchen. The boys ate in silence, gobbling down the fried rice. When everyone was done, they started moving into the living room. “Wonwoo-ah. You wanna hang out?” Jihoon asked Wonwoo who was sitting sloppily on the sofa, playing with Chan’s hair. “Yeah, sure!” Wonwoo replied, his eyes twinkling as he remembered their secret hideout. Jihoon held out his hand, offering help to Wonwoo. “No Jihoon hyung. I need to talk with Wonwoo hyung. It’s urgent.” Mingyu spoke up after being silent throughout lunch. Everyone turned and stared at Mingyu, who had a pretty serious look on his face. Mingyu was always a happy child but when he was unhappy, was going down. Jihoon retracted his hand before walking off, back into his own room. “Erm. Alright guys. Go do your homework. Don’t wanna get into trouble.” Seungcheol waved towards the rest, chasing them back into their rooms.

“Hyung. Can’t you tell me why you got hurt today in school?” Mingyu asked, with a pout on his face. They were finally back in their room, with Wonwoo laying on his bed, while Mingyu was sitting at the edge. Wonwoo sighed, closing his eyes. The day had only been a disaster and now he had to talk about. “They laughed at me…saying that I’m an orphan. They said that I have no parents…” Wonwoo spoke, tears falling out of his eyes. Mingyu turned his body around, wanting to say more. But the moment he spotted Wonwoo’s tear stained cheeks, Mingyu hugged the older boy, rubbing his back just like he did on his first day. “Don’t worry about those people. From now on. I will take care of you.” Mingyu said firmly. He felt Wonwoo shaking his head, from left to right. “You can’t reject me. I’m going to be your bodyguard from now on.” Mingyu insisted. “Pfft. What are you talking about. I’m older than you.” Wonwoo said while sniffling. “When’s your birthday?” Mingyu questioned. “17th July. Why?” Wonwoo asked, now curious about the younger boy’s intentions. “YES YES YES! My birthday is on the 6th of April, which means you’re not even 1 year older than me. I’m not going to call you hyung anymore. And I’m most definitely going to protect you from now on. YAYYYY!” Mingyu exclaimed while punching both fists in the air. Wonwoo couldn’t believe how persistent the younger boy was. Little did Wonwoo expect…that Mingyu was going to take his bodyguard role very very seriously. The two did their assigned homework before heading downstairs to play some games with the other kids. Soon, it was bedtime and the kids all went to bed.

“Wonwoo-ah! Wake up! Don’t wanna be late for school right?” Mingyu shook Wonwoo by his shoulders, trying to drag him out of bed. Wonwoo rubbed his eyes, his hair dishevelled. Mingyu helped Wonwoo into the bathroom and waited for him outside. “Wonwoo-ah. Are you done? We need to get you changed for school!” Mingyu said, knocking furiously on the bathroom door. “Ah…seriously. Kim Mingyu. I’m older than you. And it’s still so early. I don’t need your help.” Wonwoo stared at Mingyu as he stepped out of the bathroom. “Did you forget? I was supposed to be your bodyguard. So let’s move it!” Mingyu said, putting Wonwoo’s uninjured arm around his shoulder. The two entered their room, and Mingyu asked Wonwoo to sit on his bed. Mingyu took out Wonwoo’s uniform from his cupboard. “Quick. Take off your shirt.” Mingyu ordered, staring at Wonwoo. “W-what? No?! I can’t change in front of y-you…”Wonwoo stuttered, his face turning tomato red. “Then I guess I’ll have to do it for you.” Mingyu said, stepping forward to lift Wonwoo’s shirt. “N-no! No! I’ll do it myself. Move.” Wonwoo held one of his arm out to stop Mingyu from moving further. Wonwoo carefully took off his shirt with only one arm, while Mingyu was just staring at him. Mingyu let out a loud gasp as he saw the bruises that was painted on Wonwoo’s pale body. Wonwoo got self-conscious, and he tried to cover his body with his arm. “Quit staring. Are you going to help me or not…”

Mingyu helped Wonwoo put on his school uniform with much struggle. Complains of “I think you’re more of a troublemaker than helper” and “Can’t you button faster? We’re going to be late” were spilling from Wonwoo. When both boys were finally done dressing up for school, Mingyu carried both their school bags before helping Wonwoo down to have breakfast. “Yah…Kim Mingyu. Have you taken your medication? Why are you up so early?” Seungkwan questioned the moment he saw Mingyu. “Its hyung for you Boo Seungkwan. I’m just fulfilling my role as Wonwoo’s bodyguard. That’s all.” Mingyu said, with a bright smile plastered on his face. “Daebak. Wonwoo-ah. You’re gonna regret letting Mingyu drop all formalities. He’s going to cross the line for sure. Congrats bro!” Soonyoung said, clapping his hands. “I never agreed to anything. This kid just forces me into everything.” Wonwoo said, trying to ignore Mingyu’s whines. Thankfully Mrs Choi had left upon making breakfast, Wonwoo’s secret was still safe. For the

Please log in to read the full chapter