It's Over (Mingyu's POV)

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 50- It’s Over

The rare song reccommend- Laughter by SEVENTEEN

[Nayeon’s conversation with Mingyu before the basketball competition]

“You may not want to meet your boyfriend after you see and hear what I have to tell you.” Nayeon smirked, as she saw the expression on Mingyu’s face change. Mingyu didn’t know whether to trust her. But it was something concerning his boyfriend, he had to stay and listen.

“Speak. If not I’m leaving.” Mingyu said curtly. Upon seeing Mingyu give in, Nayeon started speaking.

“Wonwoo is cheating on you with that Jun guy.” Nayeon said. Mingyu shook his head. No way.

“I saw them. They were in the school garden last week, and that was where Jun said that he loved Wonwoo. I felt so bad for you Mingyu…because Wonwoo seemed to hesitate. And Wonwoo even laid down on his lap! That was so disgusting to watch! Mingyu. He’s really cheating on you!” Nayeon exclaimed, lying and tweaking the truth by bits, in hopes that Mingyu gets convinced.

“That’s not true…he wouldn’t do such things…he loves-” Mingyu got interrupted.

“You think he loves you. When in actual fact, he doesn’t. Let me show you some pictures if you still don’t believe me.” Nayeon said, whipping out her phone. She showed him a picture of Wonwoo laying on Jun’s lap. He couldn’t believe his eyes.

“If this isn’t enough to convince you. I have more. This entire week when you were at basketball practice, he was out on dates with Jun! Hanse saw them at the mall, buying so many things like a ridiculously huge stuffed toy and couple tees…and they would always have an arm around each other’s shoulder when they walked around…See! Hanse even took pictures.” Nayeon said, showing Mingyu a couple more pictures. There was one where they had their arms around each other, and another where they were whispering to each other.

 

Mingyu was laying in his bed when the entire conversation with Nayeon came to his mind. And when he remembered seeing Wonwoo walk past the restaurant with Jun, and even lying to Mingyu when the younger asked where he was. Why? Was Mingyu not good enough? What did Jun have that Mingyu didn’t for Wonwoo to do this? As Mingyu curled up into his blanket, what started out as soft sobs turned into loud cries. Thankfully Chan was at a 2-day camp and would only be home the next day. Just in time for Mingyu’s birthday. Mingyu didn’t want any of his friends seeing him in this state.

In what ways am I worse than Jun? Does Wonwoo even love me? Maybe that was why he was so reluctant to be friends with me from the start. Because he already loved Jun, but he probably didn’t know…but when I appeared, he started to get confused with his feelings. And maybe he doesn’t really love me. Why? Why does he have to do this to me when I’m already so in love with him. The way his nose crinkles when he smiles, the unresistable pout whenever he gets a little mad, and also the way he smiles whenever he gets satisfied. If breaking up, and leaving him with Jun makes him happy, then I’ll do it…as long as he’s happy. I’ll be happy too. Mingyu wiped his tears away, before whipping out his phone.

To: Wonnie Kitty

Hey…are you awake?

 

From: Wonnie Kitty

Yup…rushing some homework.

Why?

 

To: Wonnie Kitty

I need to talk to you…tomorrow before class starts.

 

From: Wonnie Kitty

Erm…okay…

Is it something serious?

Babe. Are you okay?

 

To: Wonnie Kitty

I’m fine. Can I meet you outside your house tomorrow morning?

 

From: Wonnie Kitty

Oh. I kinda have something to do with Jun.

Let’s meet in school?

 

To: Wonnie Kitty

Okay.

 

Mingyu felt his heart prick. Jun again. He must feel really happy with Jun huh…whatever. I’ll just break up with him and let him do whatever he wants with Jun. If that’s what really makes him happy. Mingyu’s phone vibrated, an incoming call. He looked at the contact, Wonwoo. . He can’t speak to Wonwoo. Not when he was in this state. His voice would totally come out shaky and Wonwoo would know something isn’t right. He rejected the call. But Wonwoo didn’t give up so easily. He called again, to which Mingyu rejected once more.

 

From: Wonnie Kitty

Hey babe…

What’s wrong? :(

Did I do something wrong?

Why do you keep rejecting my calls?

Did something happen?

Mingyu?

Babe?

 

Tears broke free from Mingyu’s clenched eyes. Why was Wonwoo being so concerned about him? Why is he still acting like he loves Mingyu? Him acting like this was making it hard for Mingyu to let go.

 

To: Wonnie Kitty

Nothing. I’m kind of sleepy after a long day.

 

Mingyu cringed at how cold his reply to Wonwoo was. For sure the older could tell right?

 

From: Wonnie Kitty

Oh okay…

Get lots of rest…

 

Maybe not…Mingyu was starting to get even more convinced that Wonwoo didn’t love him as much as he thought. He cried himself to sleep, not anticipating the next day, which happened to be his birthday. Alarms went off terribly loud the next day, waking Mingyu up from his sleep. His eyes hurt as he tried to open them. Of course they did. He had been crying the entire night. As he sat up, he looked around his room. It felt empty without Chan, and Mingyu’s heart felt even emptier. When he thought about what he had to do later when he met Wonwoo, he didn’t even want to step out of bed. What more go through the rest of the day, knowing that Wonwoo was so near to him. He washed up and changed into his uniform, and as he stepped into the dining area, he saw the rest of his friends already eating breakfast.

“Wow. So early today huh Gyu…” Soonyoung teased the younger as soon as he sat down. This earned the older a nudge in the side from Seokmin.

“Gyu…are you feeling okay? Your eyes…” Seokmin exclaimed, as he patted Mingyu’s arm, concerned.

“Hyung. Have you been watching those stupid dramas again? And then crying your eyes out?” Seungkwan rolled his eyes.

“Y-yeah…” Mingyu mumbled, as he ate his breakfast. When they were done, they left for school. Mingyu could hear mutters and whispers around him by his friends, but he didn’t want to listen or partake in any of those. As they stepped into the school, Mingyu saw Wonwoo walking along with Jun. Both were holding a box in hand, and they were chatting happily as they walked. Mingyu’s heart hurt as he watched his boyfriend with another guy.

“Hey Mingyu. We’ll leave first okay! We have somewhere to go…can you make your way to class yourself?” Seokmin asked. Mingyu nodded before dragging his feet across the hallway, into his class. His phone vibrated.

 

From: Wonnie Kitty

Morning babe!

You’re in school already right? I saw Seokmin and Soonyoung. They said that you aren’t in a good mood?

What happened?

Babe?

You’re reading my messages but not replying…

Did I do something wrong?

Mingyu?

 

To: Wonnie Kitty

Let’s meet at the roof.

 

From: Wonnie Kitty

Erm…okay. I’ll be right there!

Wait for me!

 

Mingyu threw his bag at his seat before making his way to the roof. That was where they were supposed to make up after their first fight. And it was Wonwoo who initiated it that day. And now. Mingyu was about to break up with Wonwoo. At that same place. As he went up on the roof, he could feel the wind blowing in his direction. His back was facing the door, as he stood at the edge of the roof, opening his arms to feel the wind.

“Mingyu? Babe. I’m here.” Wonwoo called out as he stepped onto the roof. Mingyu didn’t respond, his back still facing Wonwoo.

“The view from up here is great huh? What’s wrong baby?” Wonwoo asked as he hugged Mingyu from behind, but he could feel the younger freezing in his embrace. Mingyu turned around, smiling despite his eyes welling up.

“Babe? Why are you crying?” Wonwoo asked, as he reached out his hand to wipe Mingyu’s tears, but the younger took a step back, shaking his head.

“M-mingyu…? B-babe…don’t scare me…” Wonwoo said in a shaky voice, as he tried to approach Mingyu, but the younger took a few steps away.

“L-lets…break up.” Mingyu said, glancing up at the sky, trying his best

Please log in to read the full chapter