D-DAY

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 16- D-DAY

*Before you start reading this story. I recommend a song for full out sad emotions. It’s See You Again by Wiz Khalifa ft Charlie Puth*

Wonwoo opened his eyes. It was dark and quiet except for the occasional snores coming from the other boys. He looked around and everyone was fast asleep. Even Jihoon. Wonwoo looked across the living room at the clock. 5.30am. He couldn’t fall back to sleep. He stared at Mingyu who was sleeping right next to him, memorizing every little feature. Mingyu’s eyebrows, to his eyes, his nose that seemed to be so perfect, and his lips. Everything about Mingyu was just perfect at this moment to Wonwoo. If Wonwoo could take pictures with his eyes, he swore he would’ve taken a few millions of Mingyu. Mingyu-ah. If only you knew…you looked so happy yesterday. I didn’t have the heart to break the news to you. Just remember what I’ve said to you. To always stay happy. Wonwoo mentally said his last words to Mingyu as he patted the younger’s hair. It felt smooth in Wonwoo’s hands. He then moved his fingers to the area between Mingyu’s eyebrows, straightening out the creases. What are dreaming about that makes you so unhappy? His fingers then moved down Mingyu’s nose bridge, and stopped at his cheeks. Just one last kiss alright. I wish you all the best in life and if fate ever allows us to. I hope to see you in my future. As friends or brothers. Wonwoo then placed a light kiss on Mingyu’s cheeks. Wonwoo carefully unwrapped Mingyu’s arm from his waist, placing his pillow underneath. Wonwoo froze as Mingyu moved a little in his sleep. He turned to look at the boy, who was now sleeping peacefully. He slowly untangled Mingyu’s long legs from his. You need to stop having this bad habit of kicking your blankets away while sleeping Mingyu-ah. Wonwoo mentally chided the boy, before he carefully covered the younger’s body with the blanket. Finally. I made it out without waking him up. For once I’m thankful that he sleeps like a log. Wonwoo tiptoed his way out, careful not to step on anyone’s leg. Wonwoo washed himself up, before waking Jihoon up. “Jihoon-ah! Wake up! They might be coming any-” Wonwoo whispered as he avoided Jihoon’s flying arm. “5 more minutes please!” Jihoon said groggily. “Okay. But really get up in 5 minutes. We gotta make breakfast.” Wonwoo nagged, before walking off into the kitchen.

Wonwoo took out some eggs, sausages and pancake premix. He placed them on the counter top, waiting for Jihoon to help him out. There was no way he could do all that by himself. He heard someone dragging their feet across the floor. Afraid it might be one of the boys, he quickly pretended to sleep on the dining table. “Yah. Jeon Wonwoo. You woke me up even before the sun rose. And now you’re sleeping?” Jihoon said, poking Wonwoo in his sides. “Ah! Sorry! I just needed help for breakfast. I thought you were one of the guys so I just pretended to sleep. Let’s get to work!” Wonwoo said, putting on a flowery apron on Jihoon. He sniggered at how cute Jihoon looked, which only earn him a smack on the arm. The two started cooking pancakes and sausages, making minimal mess. Wonwoo had a flashback to when he made breakfast with Mingyu. They made such a huge mess that Mrs Choi was so angry. Great times. Wonwoo thought, smiling. “Yah! You clumsy sloth! Stop daydreaming! You’re burning the pancakes! Aigooo…more of a hassle than help you are.” Jihoon complained, pushing Wonwoo’s arm. Wonwoo gave Jihoon an apologetic smile, before he flipped the pancakes. As soon as the sun rose, the two were done with breakfast. They placed the food on the dining table, before covering it with the cover. They wrote a message on a post it and stuck it on the cover. We’re sorry for leaving. Hopefully breakfast can make it up to you guys. We’re sorry. :( -Love Wonwoo the sloth and Jihoon the cutie. The two of them took turns to shower and when they were done, they were shocked to find someone awake. Thankfully. It was Jun. “Yah! You seriously gave me a heart attack. I thought it was one of the guys.” Jihoon said, smacking Jun really, really hard on his shoulder. “Sorry sorry! I thought you guys had left already. Just wanted to give the two of you a farewell hug.” Jun said, rubbing his shoulder. Before they forgot, Jihoon and Wonwoo went round putting their letters underneath each boy’s pillow. As for Seungcheol’s letter, they were going to put it in the office with Mr Choi. Jihoon and Wonwoo brought their luggages into Mr Choi’s office, not expecting Mr Choi to be there reading his newspaper. “Morning boys! I was just about to wake you two up. Mr and Mrs Jung are on their way here. So…get ready!” Mr Choi said, with a smile on his face. A smile…wasn’t very appropriate for this scenario. But at least he made an effort to assure the boys. With Jun’s help, Jihoon and Wonwoo carried their luggages and a few other boxes of their stuff out onto the porch. Wonwoo sighed as he remembered the first day he was here at the orphanage. He was crying and sobbing on this exact same porch when Mingyu approached him. Do you still remember you chasing me around on my first day? Didn’t expect the two of us to be so close after that incident…I’m really going to miss you, my ball of sunshine. Wonwoo thought with his eyes closed. A tear flowed down from his eye. “I’m really going to miss you, Won-ah.” Jun said, hugging Wonwoo for the last time.

After 10 minutes of sitting out in the cold, a black Mercedes pulled up outside the orphanage. Out came Mr and Mrs Jung, looking happy as ever. “I guess this is it huh Won. Do call me okay! I will really miss you! You’re the best friend I ever had. Mark my words. And Jihoon. Even though we didn’t really talk much. I will miss you too. Take care of yourself, and take care of my Wonnie okay! He’s really more fragile than he looks…” Jun said, choking up at the end of his sentence. He turned his back around to wipe off his tears. Mr and Mrs Jung thanked Jun before helping Wonwoo and Jihoon carry their stuff into the car. Wonwoo and Jihoon took one last glance at the orphanage before they waved goodbye to Jun. And the orphanage where they made life-time memories. Jun started to sob and soon the sobs turned into cries. He never knew losing a friend felt so painful. How would the other boys feel if they found out that Jihoon and Wonwoo were gone when they wake up. When Jun had finally calmed himself down, he walked back into the orphanage and sat down on the dining table. He stared at the food Jihoon and Wonwoo made earlier. It triggered his emotions even more, and more tears were flowing down his cheeks. “Ahhhh…my throat feels so dry. I should get a drink. Oh, Jun-ah! Why are you awake so early?” Soonyoung stepped into the kitchen to get a drink when he spotted Jun’s backview. When he saw Jun crying, he knew something was not right. He ran back out into the living room where everyone was still fast asleep. JIHOON?! WONWOO?! WHERE DID THEY GO?! S

Please log in to read the full chapter