Back Together

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 44- Back Together

When the two pulled away, Mingyu wiped the tears off Wonwoo’s cheeks, grinning when he saw the older blushing.

“Please stop doing this to my heart…” Mingyu said, as he placed his forehead against Wonwoo’s.

“…do what?” Wonwoo asked, looking up, making eye contact with Mingyu for the first time in days.

“…making me fall harder…and harder…it feels like you’re pulling me into a bottomless pit. A trap that you set…” Mingyu said, his grin growing as the minutes passed. He watched the blush grow from Wonwoo’s neck, to his cheeks.

“Mingyu-ah…are you really sure…that you still want to be together with me? Even after me being a jerk, , breaking your heart-” Wonwoo mumbled before Mingyu placed his lips on Wonwoo’s, silencing the older. Wonwoo tried resisting the kiss, but Mingyu pulled him closer by his waist, and his other hand crept up slowly, cupping Wonwoo’s cheeks, deepening the kiss. Wonwoo gradually gave in, turning his head slightly. Their lips were fitted perfectly, like they were made for each other. Mingyu pulled away first, and the sight before him made his heart beat faster than before. Wonwoo’s hair was tousled, his lips slightly wet and bright red and he was panting a little from their kiss.

“Babe…please don’t ever doubt my love for you. I’ll do whatever it takes to convince you and make you feel the same for me…” Mingyu said, as Wonwoo turned away, trying to hide the blush that was getting more obvious.

“Hey…you hear me? Look at me…” Mingyu smiled, hooking his finger underneath Wonwoo’s chin, turning his head towards him.

“Yes…I heard you loud and clear…” Wonwoo smiled, still not looking at Mingyu.

“I need you to look at me…baby…or I’ll have to…punish you…” Mingyu smirked.

“P-punish? W-what are you talking about…?” Wonwoo stuttered. His mind starting wandering far away, his cheeks turning rosy.

“Yah…don’t think dirty…” Mingyu said, gently shoving Wonwoo’s shoulder. He leaned in closer to his ear.

“I don’t mind doing whatever you’re thinking…but maybe somewhere else…like your place?” Mingyu smirked pulling away.

“Y-yah. Kim Mingyu. What nonsense are you spouting now…” Wonwoo got off the bed, looking at the time.

“Where are you going…?” Mingyu asked, pouting.

“I-I…gotta go home…it’s getting late. You should get some rest…” Wonwoo said, picking up his bag.

“Whyyyyyy…we barely spent time together…” Mingyu whined, kicking the blankets off to the ground.

“Let’s not forget that someone has to go to school tomorrow…plus detention…and someone needs sleep so he can take care of his puppy…and someone needs his puppy to cooperate in order for those to happen.” Wonwoo said, picking up the blankets as he tugged Mingyu in.

“B-but…it’s going to be lonely here…I’m not used to sleeping alone…” Mingyu whined, pouting even more.

“It’s probably just going to be one night. You’ll be fine.” Wonwoo replied, ruffling Mingyu’s hair.

“But what if the ghosts come for me? I’ll be gone when you come back!” Mingyu complained.

“Don’t even bother using those ghost theories because I’ve never seen one despite staying in a hospital numerous times…” Wonwoo retorted, but he softened when he saw Mingyu frowning.

“I’ll be back here tomorrow…I promise…” Wonwoo said, holding up his pinky finger.

“…I don’t want to…that means I’ll have to wait till the afternoon…which is like 14 hours later!” Mingyu whined, swatting Wonwoo’s finger away. Wonwoo looked at the clock, it was not getting early. He needed to get home and Mingyu needed to rest.

“…okay okay. Fine. I’ll drop by before school to see you…” Wonwoo compromised. Mingyu still had the frown on his face but it brightened up a little.

“Come onnnnnn…I promise to bring you something.” Wonwoo smiled, holding up his pinky finger once more.

“…Well then…I guess I shall not come…” Wonwoo tried retracting his finger, but before he could, Mingyu hurriedly pulled it back and hooked his pinky finger. Wonwoo swung their fingers for a moment before pulling his hand back to his side.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then…Bye Mingyu…” Wonwoo said, turning around.

“Yahhhhhh…” Mingyu whined, making Wonwoo turn around.

“What now…?” Wonwoo whined too, making Mingyu chuckle.

“You forgot something…” Mingyu said, motioning for Wonwoo to come closer. The older raised an eyebrow, walking over to Mingyu’s side.

“You forgot my goodnight kiss…” Mingyu grinned. Wonwoo sighed. Mingyu was not easy to please. Especially when the younger was addicted to kisses. Only Wonwoo’s kisses.

“I’m not going to give you a real one…since we know where they would lead us to…you and your hormones…” Wonwoo snorted, placing a kiss on Mingyu’s forehead. Mingyu was not satisfied, but he knew he would get a ‘real’ one another time. For sure.

“I really gotta go…see you tomorrow…” Wonwoo smiled, placing another kiss on Mingyu’s cheeks before he walked out of the ward, backwards, waving.

“Get home safe babe…only one of us can be hurt or sick at a time because the other needs to take care of them.” Mingyu joked. When Wonwoo stepped out of the ward, Mingyu immediately took out his phone to text the other.

 

To: Wonnie kitty

Get home safe~

Text me once you get home!

 

From: Wonnie kitty

Okay okay!

So naggy…

 

To: Wonnie kitty

Yah! Jeon Wonwoo. This is called care and concern fyi.

I miss you already…

 

From: Wonnie kitty

I think you just miss my kisses you kid…

 

To: Wonnie kitty

Hey! :(

Meanie…

 

Even though Wonwoo just insulted him, Mingyu’s grin couldn’t get any wider. He missed this. He missed texting Wonwoo. Well…at least now we have finally made up…He won’t leave me anymore…right? He said he threw the bear away… Mingyu then drifted off into dreamland.

 

The next morning, Wonwoo woke up early, not forgetting that he was to visit Mingyu before going to school. He changed into his uniform, and it appeared baggier than usual. He stepped onto the weighing machine, and he was kind of satisfied. He lost 2kg. Considering how he never had breakfast before school or lunch during break, he definitely would have lost a lot of weight. He picked up his bag and headed out of the house. The neighbourhood was still dark as he strolled down the streets, only the street lamps brightening the path. He yawned, still tired from the events that happened yesterday. He was thankful to whoever locked him up in on the roof. If that person didn’t do that, he probably wouldn’t have met Mingyu. If he didn’t meet Mingyu, Mingyu wouldn't have gotten into that accident. If Mingyu didn’t get into that accident, then Wonwoo would never have the courage to apologize and face Mingyu ever again. He would have ran away from his problems and sulk on his own. He took a cab to the hospital, no buses or train operated that early in the morning. As he alighted outside the hospital, he saw a shop opened. He walked into the shop, greeting the florist.

“I would like to get some flowers…” Wonwoo said, his head bowed down. It was his first time getting flowers and he didn’t know what kind to get.

“May I know who and what are you getting them for?” The florist asked.

“Erm…it’s for someone I love…and I wanted to apologize…” Wonwoo said.

“Well…I guess you can get roses? We have some pink roses that have just arrived. ” The florist suggested.

“Sounds good…I don’t really know what kind of flowers to get to be honest…” Wonwoo smiled shyly.

“Don’t worry. I’ll pack them for you. Would you like card to go with it? It’s on the house…since we hardly have customers this early…” The florist said, passing a card into Wonwoo’s hand. The boy took the card and he wrote a message on it. He paid for the flowers before walking into the hospital. As he walked into Mingyu’s ward, he saw the boy fast asleep. He grinned. He must have been really tired, and forgot that Wonwoo would be dropping by to see him before school. Wonwoo sat on the chair next to Mingyu’s bed, placing the flowers on the table. Since the younger was fast asleep, he decided to take a short nap before going to school. He placed his head on the table and the next thing he knew, his phone vibrated, signalling that it was time for him to head to school. He rubbed his eyes and smoothed his hair out a little. He took out a pen from his bag and added a short message at the bottom of the card. He left the bouquet of flowers on the chair he sat down on, kissed Mingyu’s forehead on last time before leaving the hospital.

 

“Yo…You look dead man…” Jun joked as Wonwoo stepped into the classroom, taking his seat next to Jun.

“Shut up Jun Hui. I’ll kill you if you speak one more word.” Wonwoo said, placing his head on the table.

“How did your meeting go yesterday? Not so well huh seeing how you look today. Ouch! God damn it Jeon Wonwoo…” Jun whelped as Wonwoo kicked him in his shin.

“Too bad for you Moon. It went so well.” Wonwoo smirked.

“Yo give me some

Please log in to read the full chapter