Missing You

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 52- Missing You

As if Wonwoo knew that Aunt Soomin was thinking about him, her phone rang and Wonwoo’s contact showed up. All 3 boys stared at her while she answered the call.

“Jeon Wonwoo. Where are you?! You’re in deep trouble.” Aunt Soomin huffed.

“Hey Aunt Soomin…sorry to make you worried…I’m…currently away…just need to sort out my thoughts…” Wonwoo apologized, rubbing his tears away from his cheeks.

“…Where are you now? Do you have enough money with you?” Aunt Soomin sighed. She wasn’t exactly angry at Wonwoo.

“I’m actually…in Jeju now…” Wonwoo paused.

“YAH! Jeon Wonwoo! Why did you go all the way to Jeju?! Are you out of your mind? What if someone kidnaps you there?! We’ll never find you!” Aunt Soomin exclaimed. The 3 boys stared at her, eyes about to pop. Jeju?! Where the hell did Wonwoo get the money to buy an airplane ticket? And to leave within those few hours? This boy definitely had lots of tricks up his sleeves.

“Don’t worry Aunt Soomin…I can take care of myself…I’m almost an adult. Please make sure Jihoon doesn’t get into any trouble?” Wonwoo said, sniffing.

“Jihoon wouldn’t…not without you. Are you feeling okay Wonwoo? Even though I don’t know what happened between you two…but Mingyu seems pretty sad that you aren’t here…” Aunt Soomin said. Mingyu’s ears perked up when he heard his name. He looked at Aunt Soomin to see if Wonwoo had anything to say to him, or about him.

“I’m fine. I promise…Tell him to go home and rest…I won’t be home anyways…” Wonwoo sighed.

“Okay…tell us when you’re coming home? We can go pick you up at the airport…” Aunt Soomin asked.

“It’ll most probably be Sunday? I let you know again…sorry for making you guys worried…I just needed some time on my own. Seoul is a little tough for now…” Wonwoo said.

“Just keep yourself safe okay…I want you back in one piece…” Aunt Soomin repeated.

“Yes Aunt Soomin…Bye~” Wonwoo hung up. All 3 boys looked at Aunt Soomin expectantly.

“He’s at Jeju…saying that he needs time on his own…He says Seoul is too tough for now? I don’t know what he means…and Mingyu? He told you to go home and rest. He wouldn’t be home anyways…” Aunt Soomin passed on the messages. She then left the room to let the boys talk amongst themselves. She knew how awkward Mingyu must have felt with her around. He was why Wonwoo ran away.

Mingyu stared at the ground. How could Wonwoo still think about him in this situation? Mingyu was the one who wanted out in this relationship, and Wonwoo was still concerned about him despite having his heart broken. Mingyu was the one not letting Wonwoo explain himself, and Wonwoo didn’t even fight back. How shocked must be the older be in order for him to do that.

“He must be crazy…going all the way to Jeju…” Seungcheol mumbled, earning a smack on his head. He turned to glare at the shorter, who in turn mouthed ‘Mingyu is still around.’ He realized his mistake as he saw the youngest sitting with his shoulders slouched.

“Hey Mingyu…how bout we stay here for the night?” Seungcheol suggested. If it was any other day where Wonwoo was around, Mingyu would have gladly accepted. But today, when Wonwoo isn’t around, he didn’t even know if he could fall asleep. The amount of guilt he was feeling, was indescribable.

“Don’t worry. You can stay in Wonwoo’s room. I know you feel uncomfortable around us…” Seungcheol said. Mingyu shook his head. It would feel so empty without Wonwoo.

“I think it would be better for you to stay here…until Won comes home at least…You do know you owe him an explanation right?” Jihoon narrowed his eyes.

“And…he kind of left lots of stuff in his room…for you. I think you should take a look…before leaving if you want to.” Jihoon said, pushing Mingyu out of his room towards Wonwoo’s.

Mingyu placed his hand on the doorknob, unsure if he wanted to. He eventually made up his mind, turning the knob, pushing the door open. As he stepped into the room, he took in a breath of the older’s scent that was lingering in his room. He closed the door behind him and the stuffed toy and shoebox settled on Wonwoo’s bed attracted him. He picked up the stuffed toy, and he realized that it resembled Wonwoo. That must have been why the older bought it. So Mingyu could hug it to sleep whenever Wonwoo wasn’t around. He opened the shoebox, and he was surprised to see a pair of brand new Jordans training shoes. And it fit Mingyu’s feet exactly. How did Wonwoo know without Mingyu telling him? He placed the shoes on the ground and he opened the scrapbook that Wonwoo put together days before. As he read the short messages written by Wonwoo, he could no longer put up his strong front.

 

Message 1.

Happy Birthday BABE~

I know this scrapbook is kinda ugly…I’m not really good at artsy stuff like you are. I hope you enjoyed the surprise I planned? I’ll always love you. So don’t ever think otherwise. I hope we can stay together like this until we’re old and adopt as many cute adorable little ‘Mingyu’s and ‘Wonwoo’s. Not sure about you, but I’m seriously serious about getting married to you when we’re older. <3

 

Message 2.

I know you always tell me not to…but I just want to say that I’m really sorry for all the pain I’ve caused you…Be it 8 years ago or a few weeks ago. I know I always overreact and only realize it after some time. Thank you for always waiting for me. Thank you for always embracing this stupid side of me. Thank you for helping me grow into a better person. Thank you for bringing light into Jeon Wonwoo’s dark and boring life.

 

Message 3.

I love the way your eyes become so small whenever you smile. I love the way your canines peek from the sides when you smile so brightly. I love the way your arms fit perfectly around my waist. I love the warmth that you always radiate, melting the cold side of me. I love how you always interlock our hands together, not caring the looks people throw at us. I love how your eyebrows snap together when you’re in deep concentration. I love how you’re so imperfectly perfect.

 

Message 4.

Sometimes I’m scared to tell you how I truly feel. Because I’m not sure if you feel the same way. I’m scared that one day, you’ll stop loving me. And that would be when I’ve fallen too far in. I was so scared to love you at first. And now, I’m afraid to realize that it’s all a dream. To wake up and find out that what we have, was nothing but a dream. To find out that we weren’t really together…that would . Big time.

 

Message 5

Now that we’re together, I can’t imagine a day without you. I can’t even imagine what life was like without you back then. Before, I used to think that gaming and studying was the only way to make time pass faster. But now, just laying down next to you, watching your sleeping figure or just cuddling makes time fly. If I could control time, I would definitely stop time when we’re together and fast forward the times when we’re apart. As much as you’re addicted to my hugs and kisses, so am I to yours.

 

Message 6

I know that if we ever fight one day, we’ll always get back together. Because we would listen to each other’s explanation, and try to u

Please log in to read the full chapter