Confronts

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 39- Confronts

Wonwoo watched Sejun’s figure walking away. Was I being too mean to him? He seemed kind of hurt when I moved a step back…But I shouldn’t give him false hope. He needs to move on from me…I better tell him that I already have a boyfriend the next time we meet. Wonwoo made his way to the café and when he made his presence known, Joshua and Jeonghan were pretty much shocked.

“Yah. Wonwoo-ah. What are you doing here at this timing? Shouldn’t you be in school?!” Jeonghan exclaimed.

“Erm…I think I got suspended for a week?” Wonwoo said, but it came out more as a question than anything.

“Jisoo-ah. Please tell me this kid is just pranking me!” Jeonghan said, rubbing the temple of his forehead.

“Wonwoo-ah you’re just kidding. Right?” Joshua asked, leading Jeonghan to a table nearby.

“I wish I could say so…” Wonwoo sighed as he took the seat in front of Jeonghan.

“Yah! What did you do?! Didn’t I tell you to stay out of trouble?!” Jeonghan shouted. Wonwoo winced at the loud volume being used at him. Jeonghan never raised his voice unless he was really. Really angry. Like that one time Doyoon got into a fight with one of his schoolmate. Jeonghan literally screamed and gave Doyoon a trauma. The other employees of the café got a scolding speech from Jeonghan as well on why violence should never be considered as a choice or solution.

“Darling. Please calm down. I’m sure there was a good reason behind it. Let’s listen before jumping to any conclusions…” Joshua said, before shooting Wonwoo a look. Start explaining yourself Joshua mouthed.

“Hyung…I’m sorry…I hit Seungcheol in the face…But I swear there was a reason behind that!” Wonwoo exclaimed as he saw Jeonghan get up from his seat. But Joshua pushed the older back into his seat, fanning him in hopes of him calming down.

“Jeon Wonwoo. Where are your manners? Haven’t I taught you over the years? He’s your hyung! I swear to god. Was the previous violence talk not enough? What else do you want me to do in order to get it into your head? I’ve always said that violence is never the solution or choice!” Jeonghan said, hitting the table a few times.

“Babe. Calm down. You doing this right now would only push Wonwoo away. What he needs is our listening ear. So can we do that for him please?” Joshua asked politely, opening up Jeonghan’s fist. The older breathed in and out a few times, before he finally nodded his head.

“Okay fine. Speak Wonwoo.” Jeonghan sighed.

“I couldn’t possibly stand there and watch Jihoon get hurt by him any longer…and when he approached me that day…I got so angry and my fist just flew with a mind of itself…I promise you hyung…I was sorry. Really.” Wonwoo said.

“…What happened to Jihoonie?” Jeonghan asked, now concerned for the boy Wonwoo just brought up.

“It’s just…the complicated relationship between them…beats me too hyung…but I would never let anyone who makes Jihoon cry off the hook so easily. You should know that Jihoon barely sheds any tears…” Wonwoo gulped thickly. He was quite sensitive when it comes to talking about and protecting the people he truly loved and cared about.

“You should have told me…nope. I should have known. That day when the two of them were left here in the café when you and Mingyu dashed out. I should have known something was not right…it’s all my fault…” Jeonghan started blaming himself.

“N-no! Hyung. It isn’t anyone’s fault…except that stupid Seungcheol hyung…” Wonwoo said, reaching out for Jeonghan’s hand.

“I-is Jihoonie feeling better…?” Joshua asked. He knew Jeonghan was feeling way too upset right now to probe.

“…He seemed to have return back to his normal self…hitting and shouting at me for no reason. So I guess he should be fine…” Wonwoo smiled a little when he recalled Jihoon’s non-stop teasing from yesterday.

“Well…that’s good to hear. Wonwoo-ah. Please promise us you will tell us if something like that happens again. We’ll definitely help you…you guys are such precious dongsaengs of ours…okay?” Jeonghan instructed. Wonwoo nodded his head, smiling. The same old question came into his mind. What did I do to deserve such caring and nice people around me? After the talk, Wonwoo decided to hang around the café to help out for a while.

“Hi…I would like a…hot chocolate and a slice of cheesecake please.” A petite girl with long brown hair and bangs stood in front of the counter. She had big doe eyes, staring straight at Wonwoo.

“Okay…is that all? That would be 9,700 won please. Thank you.” Wonwoo said, receiving the cash.

“Erm…do you have any idea where the cute barista is? He doesn’t seem to be here today?” The girl asked, looking around. Wonwoo looked up from what he was doing.

“Cute…barista?” Wonwoo raised his eyebrows. No way. It can’t be…

“Yeah. The tall guy with sun kissed skin and he has those cute canines sticking out whenever he smiles…” the girl described with a dreamy look on her face.

“Ah…he isn’t at work now…he’s still in school. Is he your friend?” Wonwoo asked, trying to find out how was this girl related to Mingyu. Mingyu definitely fitted her description. And Wonwoo was sceptical about this girl’s intentions.

“Aww man…he isn’t here…? Well do you know which school he’s from?” The girl asked, not answering Wonwoo’s question. Wonwoo raised his eyebrows. What was this girl trying to do? But for sure he wasn’t going to give her the answers.

“Nah…sorry.” Wonwoo said, shaking his head. The girl pouted, looking disappointed that she couldn’t get to see the person she wanted to. Kim Mingyu. You better not have flirted with this girl…I would kill you with my bare hands if you did. Before Wonwoo could think any further, the girl spoke up again.

“Well…perhaps do you know when will the cute barista be working this week?” The girl asked.

“Hmmm…I’m not too sure about that too…sorry. But do mind me asking. How did you guys know each other?” Wonwoo asked again.

“Ahhh…I came here with my friends previously and I thought he was kinda cute. So I gave him my number. But he didn’t text me after that…” The girl said, a sad smile portrayed on her face.

“I see…well…I guess better luck next time then…here’s your order.” Wonwoo said, a forced smile tugging the sides of his lips as he gave the girl her order. Kim Mingyu. You are so dead.

“Wonwoo-ah! It’s almost time for dismissal! Aren’t you supposed to go pick Mingyu up?” Jeonghan asked, as he stepped out of his office.

“Oh yeah! Thanks for reminding me hyung! I’l

Please log in to read the full chapter