Let's start over

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 3- Let’s start over                             

“Woah! Hyung you packed all your stuff already? Was this what you did with Jihoon hyung just now without me?” Mingyu exclaimed the moment they stepped into their room. Wonwoo didn’t want to deal with Mingyu’s nonsense, and he threw his body onto his own bed. Mingyu was left mumbling on his own as Wonwoo slipped into dreamland.

“Mom! Don’t go! Don’t leave me alone! I really don’t want to stay here. Bring me along with you! Please!” Wonwoo screamed, tears rolling down his cheeks. He held on to his mother’s leg, obstructing her way. He wanted her to bring him away, he wanted to go wherever she went. “Wonwoo. Stop it. I need to leave. I don’t love you anymore.” Yeon Woo said, prying Wonwoo off her leg. She then walked away from Wonwoo and disappeared into thin air. “MOOOOOOOOMMM!!!! DON’T LEAVE ME ALONEEEE!!!” Wonwoo screamed, sobbing as hard as he could.

“Hyung! Hyung! Hyung! Wake up!! I’m not leaving you alone! I’m here!” Mingyu shook Wonwoo by his shoulders. Wonwoo woke up from his nightmare, shaking in fear. It was all a dream. His mother saying that she didn’t love him. It was just a dream. He sobbed quietly, as Mingyu watched him from a distance. Mingyu never knew what it was like having a mother. He didn’t even remember having parents. He grew up with all his friends in the orphanage, and that was the closest he had to family. Although he didn’t know how it felt like losing a mother, he knew that Wonwoo was mentally hurt. Very badly. And he wanted to be there for Wonwoo whenever he felt down. He wanted to cheer Wonwoo up and make him open up as well. But he didn’t know how to because everyone in the orphanage were naturally rather open except for Jihoon. He decided to let Wonwoo calm down himself, and he grabbed his stuff for the sleepover in the living room. He was going to prepare the place with Seungcheol. Before he left, he muttered to Wonwoo, “Hyung. Join us in the living room once you’re feeling better alright.”

Mingyu walked down the hallway and entered Seokmin and Channie’s shared room. “Seokmin-ah! What do you think we’ll be doing later? Perhaps…console games?” Mingyu questioned the moment he stepped into the room. “Hmm…maybe? Pretty sure our Channie wants to have a dance battle with Soonyoung hyung again.” Seokmin replied, getting up from his bed. Seokmin and Mingyu were best friends. They grew up together, attended the same school and they even sat together in class. They were practically joined at the hip if Seokmin weren’t such a protective brother over Chan. “Hyung…I think we should do something that can cheer Wonwoo hyung up. He seems to be having nightmares everyday ever since he came. I feel really bad for him.” Mingyu told Seokmin. “Aigoooo…Mingyu-yah. Why are you so concerned about Wonwoo hyung? Don’t tell me…you like him already?!” Seokmin teased Mingyu. Seokmin knew that Mingyu tends to have small crushes on other boy. Especially the ones who appeared cold and chic. But Mingyu always insists that he likes girls.

“Yah! Lee Seokmin! What are you talking about?! I told you that I liked girls didn’t I. Did you forget that someone was drooling over a certain boy named Kwon Soonyoung?” Mingyu’s face blushed when he heard Seokmin . The two were like Tom and Jerry. Always chasing and teasing each other whenever they had the chance. But they loved each other like true brothers. Mingyu would stand up for Seokmin and Seokmin would stand up for Mingyu. They had each other’s back. “Fine. Fine. Do you know what Wonwoo hyung likes? It would be easier to plan that way.” Seokmin said as he pulled Mingyu towards his study table. Mingyu pouted and shook his head. There was no way he knew what Wonwoo liked. They didn’t even spend much time talking to each other. “Oh my god. I have an idea Seokmin! But are you willing to take the risk?” Mingyu asked, with a determined look on his face. Seokmin looked terrified, he had no idea what Mingyu had in mind, but it definitely wouldn’t be easy. “Let’s ask…Jihoon hyung.” Mingyu whispered. A chill went down Seokmin’s spine. Seokmin knew Jihoon was not an easy person to talk to. “Why Jihoon hyung though? Mingyu-ah are you sure this is a good idea? I really don’t think we should. He might get angry?! And we know if Jihoon hyung gets angry, is going down.” Seokmin whispered back. Why were they whispering? That was because Jihoon’s room was just next to Seokmin’s. “Come on! Wonwoo hyung spent some time with Jihoon hyung. I’m sure he will have some ideas. Plus Soonyoung hyung shares a room with Jihoon hyung. You can get to talk to him. Let’s go!” Mingyu whispered back before grabbing Seokmin’s wrist, pulling him up.

The two knocked on Jihoon’s room, expecting no answer. “What do you want now Kim Mingyu.” Jihoon answered, shooting arrows out of his eyes as he opened his room door. He had his headphones around his neck, with a notebook in hand. It seemed like Mingyu interrupted Jihoon at the wrong timing. Mingyu then pulled Seokmin with him into the room and slammed the door shut. “Hyung! You spent some time with Wonwoo hyung just now didn’t you? We kind of wanted to cheer him up and welcome him to our family. So I was wondering if you had any idea about what we could do…” Mingyu told Jihoon, while staring past his head. Mingyu didn’t dare to look into Jihoon’s eyes. Seokmin was looking around the room but he didn’t see Soonyoung around. Jihoon let out a sigh, “Well…I don’t really know much about him. All I kn

Please log in to read the full chapter