Hospital Trip

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 47- Hospital Trip

“What do you mean you don’t know?! He was fine during lunch!” Jihoon raised his voice, attracting the attention of people waiting outside the emergency ward.

“Hey…don’t mind me for saying this but I think you guys should calm down for now. Wonwoo wouldn’t want you guys to fight at this moment…” Sang said, making the distant between the two a little further. Jihoon rolled his eyes but nonetheless he sat down on the chairs outside, ruffling his hair. He knew he probably shouldn’t have blamed Mingyu for anything. The boy was innocent. He thought.

“Jihoon-ah! How is Wonwoo now? Why did this happen? Why does this poor boy keep ending up in the hospital…” Aunt Soomin cried.

“A-aunt Soomin…I don’t know what happened either…Mingyu was with him at that time…” Jihoon said as he shot Mingyu a look.

“M-mingyu?” Aunt Soomin sniffed, raising her eyebrows.

“Y-yeah that’s me. Hi Aunt Soomin…” Mingyu greeted, bowing to the elder.

“Oh it’s you…the one who helped take care of Wonwoo the other time. What happened to my boy? Do you have any idea?” Aunt Soomin asked.

“H-he had a really bad case of stomachache this morning. But he said he felt better after taking painkillers, and insisted on going to school…and just now I was waiting for him at the gates after my basketball practice. When he arrived, he looked really pale and he was holding onto his stomach…I think it was the stomachache again…but then he had this cut on his face…I didn’t know what happened. And then before he fainted he said pain…” Mingyu recalled, leaving out the part where Wonwoo saw Nayeon. He didn’t need Jihoon to misunderstand anything now.

“I-I’m really sorry…I s-should have taken b-better care of him…” Mingyu broke down in tears when he saw the worried look on Aunt Soomin’s face.

“Aigooo…this silly child…don’t feel guilty about this Mingyu. Wonwoo is a strong fighter, he’ll definitely get well soon.” Aunt Soomin said, patting Mingyu’s back. Mingyu nodded, rubbing the tears away. The doctor stepped out of the theatre, looking for Wonwoo’s guardian.

“For now, we still don’t know what is wrong with him. So we’ll be running some tests. Do you perhaps notice anything wrong with him these few weeks? We may be able to find out with some symptoms.” The doctor asked.

“He has been losing tons of weight lately. And he says that he feels nauseous recently, so he only takes a few bites of food. And I heard that he had stomachaches today…” Jihoon stated.

“Alright…it seems like it has something to do with his stomach…he’ll be sent to his ward shortly after we collect some samples for the tests. You’ll be informed of the ward number later.” The doctor said, before he headed back into the theatre. Mingyu sat on the chair, eyebrows knitted. I knew he has been losing lots of weight…but how did I not notice that he wasn’t eating well?! Kim Mingyu! You are an idiot! How could you not notice when you have almost every meal with him?! And you should have just insisted for him to stay home this morning! Look at what has happened! Mingyu blamed himself for whatever was happening to Wonwoo. He hit himself with his fist, sighing every second.

“Kim Mingyu. Stop this nonsense right now.” Sang said, holding back Mingyu’s fist.

“Hyung. You don’t understand.” Mingyu whispered harshly, tears shimmering in his eyes.

“Come out. We’ll talk there.” Sang said, pulling Mingyu out into the balcony.

“Mingyu. You need to stop blaming yourself for whatever has happened. Don’t cry over spilt milk. What you need to do now is to think of how you need to take care of him once he wakes up. And also you better think through about your feelings. He must have felt terrible seeing that happen in front of his eyes.” Sang lectured. Mingyu looked up, shocked.

“W-what are you saying…hyung?” Mingyu asked, taken aback.

“I saw everything. Nayeon kissing you? Are you sure you don’t have feelings for her? Because from what I saw, you didn’t move away which gave her the signal to continue. And Wonwoo saw it. How do you think he would have felt? I’m a boyfriend myself. And if I were to see another guy kissing my girlfriend, I would have felt betrayed and want to beat the daylight out of him.” Sang said.

“Y-you saw…?” Mingyu was stumped. He knew he should have done something to stop Nayeon. But he didn’t. Because he was that nice. He didn’t want to hurt the girl’s feelings. But little did he know that it would lead the girl on. He thought he had made himself very clear that he had a boyfriend. And he thought that was all that matters.

“Yeah…so can you imagine how Wonwoo must have felt? From what my girlfriend tells me, he is a very sensitive guy. So I’m just telling you in advance that he might start pushing you away. But if you really love him, just stick to him and explain. And also stop being around this girl when he isn’t around. Don’t make him feel insecure…” Sang advised.

“Thanks hyung…” Mingyu thanked the older as they walked back into the hospital.

“If you need any help just call me okay? And stop being so oblivious Kim Mingyu! That isn’t how a basketball player acts!” Sang said, before sending a smile to Mingyu. Sang then left the hospital, leaving Mingyu with Jihoon and Aunt Soomin.

“Are you family of Jeon Wonwoo? He is in his ward now. Ward 57B. Can the guardian please follow me to complete some paperwork?” The nurse asked. Aunt Soomin followed the nurse while Jihoon and Mingyu went up to the ward to see Wonwoo. As they stood outside the ward, both boys took in a deep breath, mentally preparing themselves to see Wonwoo. As they stepped in, they strolled to the bed nearest to the window. There he was, laying on the bed with an IV drip inserted on the back of his hand. The boy was fast asleep, his bangs covering his forehead, a scratch evident on his cheek. He looked so peaceful right now as his chest rise and fall at a steady pace. Mingyu stood directly in front of the bed, staring at Wonwoo. He couldn’t help but to feel his heartstrings being tugged. He felt so helpless standing there.

“Don’t even start crying. He needs us to be strong so he can be strong too…” Jihoon muttered under his breath as he smoothed out Wonwoo’s bangs. Aunt Soomin entered the ward soon as she took a sit next to Jihoon.

“They found out what happened. It was gastritis. They suspect it was caused by some bacterial infection. He’ll be fine after taking some medication and antibiotics.” Aunt Soomin informed the two boys.

“He should have told us when he was sick…This idiot.” Jihoon sighed, as he pretended to hit Wonwoo.

“That’s your brother we’re talking about. You know how he never tells us things. Especially if it would worry us…” Aunt Soomin chuckled, patting Jihoon’s back. Right as Aunt Soomin finished her sentence, Wonwoo slowly opened his eyes. He felt the grogginess and he took some time to observe his surroundings before he finally realized where he was. He groaned as he felt the slight pain on his stomach.

“What’s wrong Won? Does your stomach still hurt?” Aunt Soomin asked, worried. Wonwoo nodded, as he placed his hand over the spot. Aunt Soomin hurriedly pressed the button, and soon nurses came in to assist Wonwoo.

“The pain is caused by a wound…which seems to be caused by quite a huge impact. Did you hit yourself somewhere?” The nurse asked. The statement caused all 3 heads to turn and stare at Wonwoo with a questionable look. Wonwoo shook his head at first but when he realized how the wound came about, he nodded his head, not wanting to let the cat out of the bag.

“Well…I’ll apply some medication on your wound. I

Please log in to read the full chapter