✓ A CEO

It's...Complicated.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few days passed...

Jeongyeon rarely talks to Momo these days. He is busy with work while Momo is busy with her school projects and assignments. Momo would bring Taeil for his treatments without the knowledge of the other family and they don’t act like a married couple either.

 

D-DAY

Today is the official day; there will be a press conference for the announcement.

Jeongyeon was standing in front of the mirror trying to tie his neck tie but was having some trouble due to the fact that he never wears neckties so he has no idea how to tie it.

Just then, Momo came in and saw him struggling. She approached him and placed her hands around his collar to lift it up, shocking him slightly. He froze when he realized how close she was standing; the closet she has ever been since moving in with him. Jeongyeon felt something weird in his chest as she tied the tie for him and adjusted it to fit his collar just nice. She looked up at him and smiled to which he returned.

“Thanks. I’ll do well right?” he asked and she nodded.

“Sir, sorry to interrupt but your ride is here.” A helper said.

“Coming.” he said and put on his blazer.

“F..f…f..fighting.” a small and soft voice said.

He stopped and turned around with a wide grin.

“Fighting.” he replied and glanced back as he walked to the car. They were going in a convoy of 10 cars; Jeongyeon’s was the second. Somehow, he found himself unable to get her voice out of his head.

“You look like you are in a good mood sir.” Junjin said.

“Hm? Me? Why?”

“You are smiling non-stop. I’ve never seen you like this.” He said and Jeongyeon only smiled.

 

“We are almost there.” Donghae said and Jeongyeon took a deep breath.

They arrived in front of the company where journalists and reporters were waiting for him. He came out of the car and ed his jacket and cameras started flash in his face. He smiled awkwardly before going into the company building.

Back home, Momo had skipped university to watch the broadcast of the press conference. Watching him exit his car made her feel proud for some reason, like he was really her husband and that he was achieving something big.

‘Why are you like this Momo? You will never get him. Never.’ She sighed to herself.

“This is a personal question, are you in relationship or have plans for marriage?” a journalist asked.

“There is.” He answered simply as he looked at his father.

‘Of course he doesn’t mean me’ Momo thought

The press conference ended and she started on her design works. The house was empty; her brother was at Sana’s because they missed him and the others were either working or out for events and gatherings.

She went to the kitchen, the maids and the chefs immediately stood up and bowed.

‘I am hungry’ she showed them a paper

“Oh ok ma’am, rest in the living room and we will bring you-” but she had already sat down to join them since they were having lunch. They looked at her slightly surprised but let her join. She wrote on paper and conversed with them over lunch. After that, she even helped them clean up.

Then she went back to the room and got back to work while listening to classical music. Momo was sitting up and leaning against the headboard. She got so absorbed in her work that she lost track of time. She saw that it was almost midnight and just as she looked up, the door of the room opened and in stepped Jeongyeon who was loosening his necktie and peeling off his jacket.

He sat on the bed and they exchanged smiles.

“Why are you awake?” he asked. His eyes felt so heavy and he was slightly tipsy from the alcohol he consumed earlier.

She pointed at the laptop and he nodded.

“Working?” he asked and she nodded.

‘Are you hungry?’

“Not really.”

He moved his neck left and right and a crack sound could be heard. He sighed and lay down, resting his head on her lap and the action made her blush. She looked at the closet's mirror and saw that he had his eyes closed. There was the scent of alcohol and smoke from his clothes which was probably from the party earlier.

She lifted her hand slowly and caressed his soft hair as she looked at his reflection. They looked like a real couple.

Just them, he opened his eyes and sat up.

“I am sorry.” He said and went to the bathroom. “I did that? I am not drunk but why does that feel so good?”

He looked away and her touch instantly appeared in his mind. When he looked at his reflection he found that he was smiling without himself even knowing.

“Do I like her?” he mumbled to himself. He shook his head and cleared his thoughts before changing into his pyjamas and left. Momo was looking at her but they bot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter