✓ Wondering

It's...Complicated.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Noona, let’s go.” Taeil said as he held Momo’s hand and they went inside the hospital.

“I’ll wait for you here.” Sana said

Momo nodded and they left. Sana sat and Jeongyeon sat down beside her.

“It’s okay if you go, they won’t be late.”

“Since when did he have leukaemia?”

“We knew 3 weeks ago but the surgery and treatments is expensive and since Momo is not Korean, she has to pay it all. She didn’t accept my dad’s offer she is working job… Why am I even telling you this?”

“It costs so much?”

“Yes and we are still searching for someone who has an identical bone marrow. He is so young and has a whole life in front of him and I just feel so bad for him. He is like my little brother.” Sana said and started crying.

“It’s okay... It’s okay.” Jeongyeon patted Sana’s back gently. She calmed down and stopped crying.

Momo returned after a while carrying Taeil who was hugging her tightly.

“Sleeping?” Sana asked.

Momo nodded and she did a crying gesture to signal he was probably scared to tears. Jeongyeon approached Momo and took Taeil from her arms, surprising Sana and Momo. He carried him to the car and laid him down in the back seat.

“You don’t have to send us back.” Sana said.

“It’s okay... Come on get in.” he said and opened the doors for them. Sana sat behind and Taeil’s head rested on her lap.

The drive home was short and quiet but before they could carry Taeil up, he woke.

“Thank you so much for today.” Sana said and she bowed along with Momo

“Bye hyung!” Taeil said and waved to him. Jeongyeon waved back with a smile and watched as they entered the house.

Jeongyeon entered his car and his phone rang.

“Yes? Can I see you? I’m coming over now. Bye.”

He hung up and began driving to his uncle’s office.

 

“Oh my handsome nephew.” he said as he hugged him. They sat on the couch to talk.

“Samchun I have some questions to ask you.”

“Yes, please, go ahead.”

“I have a friend that doesn’t talk since she was 14 and now she is 20. I remember you had one such similar patient before?”

“Well yeah son but why?”

“I don’t know I want to know if there is a way she can talk, she suffered from an awful shock.”

“I used to have a patient he was 13, his mom died when he was on her lap, she was sick. So I tried to talk to him but nothing worked until, his dad got him a babysitter. She was so kind and fond and she took care of him really well, when something happened and his dad suddenly fired her. That was when he went up to his dad and spoke for the first time since his mother’s death! He told him that he loved her and she treated him better than him. So the thing about this type of people is that they need to feel protected and comfortable so that when he time is right, they will eventually talk.”

Jeongyeon nodded thoughtfully at his uncle’s words.

“Thank you uncle. I need to go now. We should meet up for a meal someday.”

“Sure, glad I could help you.”

 

-

 

The next day...

He was in the cafeteria sitting at their usual seat with his arms crossed as the other girls bickered abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter