16 hours

Love Me or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yuri, aren’t you going to wake up yet?” Yoona whispered, her lips brushing against Yuri’s cold hands, “you’re not allowed to leave me alone again, remember? You promised me that we would be happy together…”

Yoona hadn’t moved from her position in the last twenty-four hours and she didn’t look like she was going to move anytime soon. She waited for everyone to visit Yuri and say what they wanted before she stuck her to the chair, talking and revealing a lot of things as if Yuri could hear her without a problem. She knew it looked horribly odd talking to an unresponsive person but being a doctor, she was well aware that Yuri could hear what she was saying.

“Daddy has also sent his regards, and Unnie told me to take good care of you. Everyone around us have been so concerned and are trying to make sure you're fine... aren't you supposed to answer to them somehow?”

Mrs Kwon entered the room with a drink and a bag full of different kinds of foods; she knew Yoona wouldn't move from her place if she didn't come and force the younger one to move. She could only hold in her tears when she noticed Yuri was still in the same state she was right after surgery. She began to worry that if this continues, Yoona would be in a worse state. 

Carefully placing a hand on Yoona's shoulder, Mrs Kwon bent down and gave the young one a hug. “Yoong… I brought some food and drinks for you. Please eat a little bit?” Mrs Kwon pleaded softly; Yoona was just as stubborn as her own daughter and in cases like this, they were extremely hard to handle. 

“I’m not hungry, Auntie.”

“Yoong…” Mrs Kwon finally pulled Yoona to face her, she cupped the younger’s cheeks and glared at her, “starving yourself is only going to hurt Yuri, not help her to wake up.” 

Yoona didn't want to be in this state either; she often wondered why she couldn't just spend the rest of her life with Yuri without any more obstacles or problems in between them. She had told Yuri to spend the morning with her because she wanted to tell Yuri that she was ready to forgive her and start afresh; they could perhaps have another shot at happiness - fate brought them together once more, after all.

“I… I want her to wake up, Umma…” Yoona whimpered, grabbing onto Mrs Kwon’s shoulders, “w-we’ve already b-been through so m-much… why c-can’t we just be h-happy together?”  

There was no good answer for Yoona, and Mrs Kwon didn't want to make it worse by explaining anything; Yoona was already in a bad enough state and she might not be able to take the shock of reality. Mrs Kwon was already on the verge of breaking down herself but seeing her daughter's love, she knew she had to stay strong or Yoona would end up in the hospital herself - not as a doctor, but as a patient. 

“B-Because I… I l-let you down…”

Yoona and Mrs Kwon froze in their hug; their eyes widened in shock as their minds began to run horribly wild. Yoona didn’t dare to turn behind, because she didn’t want to face the disappointment of it being all her hallucination. She had already been disappointed and hurt enough; it would be more painful if Yuri’s voice was indeed all her mind playing tricks on herself.

“Y-Yoong…”

This sounds way too whiny and kiddy for me to be over-thinking, Yoona thought and furrowed her eyebrows, lifting her face from Mrs Kwon's shoulder. Mrs Kwon held Yoona by the arms and broke the hug, trying to get the younger one to look at her daughter instead of avoiding the inevitable. 

“YAH…. I-Im Yoona…”

Yoona finally turned around and faced the supposedly-sleeping girl with tears still running down her face; the make-up that was originally there had been smudged completely and she looked like she walked out of the movie, ‘Exorcist’. She almost passed out when she saw Yuri's familiar puppy eyes staring back at her, blinking at her innocently. 

“You look like you came out from Exorcist.”

“Oh, shut up.”

Yuri revealed a weak smile and gently stretched out her hand, “come here, baby.” 

Mrs Kwon gently nudged Yoona, urging her to go towards the bed so Yuri wouldn't have to get up soon. She crossed her arms over her chest and beamed a motherly smile, comfortably sitting on the sofa as Yoona made her way over to Yuri. Sometimes, Yoona makes her feel as if she wouldn't have to worry at all; Yuri was in very good hands and well taken care of. 

A shaky sigh left Yoona’s lips as tears started to roll down her cheeks once more, finally taking in the sight of Yuri staring back at her with those warm puppy eyes she loved. Yoona hadn’t been able to sleep well or do anything without thinking about Yuri; for the past thirty-two hours that she stayed beside Yuri, Yoona hadn’t slept or managed to eat more than one mouthful each time they brought food for her.

Yoona sat beside Yuri and brought Yuri’s w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter